Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Hating on the Knicks

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenwich Village
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Depth is not just about a strong bench, and it is not a gimmick.

    It is about being able to withstand injuries. It is about being able to create favorable mismatches and avoid unfavorable ones.

    It is about players being able to give maximum defensive effort full-court because they will only play 20 minutes, not worrying about fouling out, and not saving themselves for the offensive end. It is about getting out and running on offense for the same reasons, because you are not pacing yourself for 30 minutes on the floor.

    All this depends upon the coach and the team buying into the concept of playing team ball 13-deep. Of not worrying if you play 30 minutes one night and only 5 the next. Of not worrying if you score 30 points one night and 5 the next. This has to start with Melo, who could be the biggest problem or could be the thing that turns this all around. If Melo buys into "we need to start playing like a team" then everyone else will follow. If not, then I doubt Woodson has the balls to bench him (like in the movie "Hoosiers").

    Of course, the jury is out whether the coaches and the team will buy into a real team concept. If not the Knicks will play as predicted by the pundits, but if they do, look out, this team could
    shock the world.

    Before you say, this is all fantasy however, look at last year. The Knicks were not predicted to finish second in the East. They were not predicted to come out 18-5. But they did.

    Unfortunately, that team was old, and injuries derailed the momentum. However, this team is significantly younger and so this is a new year to try this again.
    Last edited by nixon7; Aug 13, 2013 at 17:16.

  2. #17
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by nixon7
    Depth is not just about a strong bench, and it is not a gimmick.

    It is about being able to withstand injuries. It is about being able to create favorable mismatches and avoid unfavorable ones.

    It is about players being able to give maximum defensive effort full-court because they will only play 20 minutes, not worrying about fouling out, and not saving themselves for the offensive end. It is about getting out and running on offense for the same reasons, because you are not pacing yourself for 30 minutes on the floor.

    All this depends upon the coach and the team buying into the concept of playing team ball 13-deep. Of not worrying if you play 30 minutes one night and only 5 the next. Of not worrying if you score 30 points one night and 5 the next. This has to start with Melo, who could be the biggest problem or could be the thing that turns this all around. If Melo buys into "we need to start playing like a team" then everyone else will follow. If not, then I doubt Woodson has the balls to bench him (like in the movie "Hoosiers").

    Of course, the jury is out whether the coaches and the team will buy into a real team concept. If not the Knicks will play as predicted by the pundits, but if they do, look out, this team could
    shock the world.

    Before you say, this is all fantasy however, look at last year. The Knicks were not predicted to finish second in the East. They were not predicted to come out 18-5. But they did.

    Unfortunately, that team was old, and injuries derailed the momentum. However, this team is significantly younger and so this is a new year to try this again.
    Our bench is deep and by far from a gimmick. Stat, k mart, jr, metta are all nba award winners. 3 former all stars. And our 3rd pg is better then most teams 2 stringers. Actually our bench of beno, jr, metta, stat and k mart can squeeze into an 7th or 8th seed playoff birth. That's pretty competitive and deep. Haha gimmicks. The only gimmick is thinking that dude is a good poster. He's like what kiya says about melo or any of his haters. He shoots so much he should get points. Well when u post so much at least one out of every 25 will be at least average.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenwich Village
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Woodson has just dropped a bombshell which reinforces what I have been saying in this thread:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Currently, only Felton, Chandler, and Melo should expect starting roles. Furthermore, Melo could start at the PF, SF, or SG.

    I have to admit that I expected the SF possibility. However, the SG option is even further evidence that Woodson is thinking outside the box painted by most pundits who have been evaluating the team.

    This is how I would draw the current depth chart (bearing in mind that we will add another player, let's call him FB [for Future Big]):

    C ----- Chandler | Stat | FB | Tyler | Bargnani | KMart
    PF ---- Bargnani | Stat | Melo | KMart | FB | Tyler | MWP | Leslie
    SF ---- Melo | MWP | Shumpert | KMart | Leslie | Smith | Hardaway
    SG ---- Shunpert | Smith | Hardaway | Melo | Prigioni | Felton | Udrih
    PG ---- Felton | Prigioni | Udrih | Shumpert

    This begins to elucidate the number of different floor combinations, as well as the ability of this team to play multiple styles and withstand injuries.

    Add to this the potential for certain floor combinations to blur the positional lines. For example, Melo as the offensive PF and defensive SF, with MWP playing the offensive SF but defensive PF.
    Last edited by nixon7; Aug 14, 2013 at 18:04.

  4. #19
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Our bench is deep and by far from a gimmick. Stat, k mart, jr, metta are all nba award winners. 3 former all stars. And our 3rd pg is better then most teams 2 stringers. Actually our bench of beno, jr, metta, stat and k mart can squeeze into an 7th or 8th seed playoff birth. That's pretty competitive and deep. Haha gimmicks. The only gimmick is thinking that dude is a good poster. He's like what kiya says about melo or any of his haters. He shoots so much he should get points. Well when u post so much at least one out of every 25 will be at least average.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    How long ago?

    Once again, you adding more strength to my argument that Knicks bench is a gimmick.

    The past is irrelevant to what these guys can give us now.

    We don't even know who our 3rd string PG will be. In reality, Felton, Prigioni and Beno are all back up PG's fighting for a starting PG spot. Neither guy are top 20-25 PG material. They're C to C+ level PG's.... C+ at their best. You over hype it too much like Felton is CP3 and Beno is Jarret Jack. Calm it down.

    The fact that you think our bench can become a playoff team makes you a jackass and unaware of the other rosters of the Eastern Conference. This is why you're a s.h.i.t. poster. You have your ass digged up all of the Knicks player's asses that your face is full of crap, therefor you elaborate on crappy thoughts and opinions. You can never think outside beyond asskissing the roster mindlessly, you lack critical thinking ability and re searchng teams throughout the league.

    I post a lot, so why? I have more of a life than you can ever imagine. You're probably some lame looking dude who gets no culo (where in reality you would never have the confidence or balls to talk some weak smack)...lol, you don't want to start throwing insults at me man, I'm the worst in here when it comes to that. Ask around how many people ran away from this site crying with their emotions hurt and how many punks who tried to step up to me got flamed up and roasted for being a fool. I talk like this because I can actually back it up, don't cry about internet thugging. Just stop being weak and let this go before it'll be your biggest regret. Your basketball talk is weak and boringsome. You compare me to Melo, well I compare you to Jason Collins. A crappy boring overall game that no one cares about until you came out the closet for attention. Stay gay.

  5. #20
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    The point is they could all still start on championship caliber teams. Actually any of them I named could start for the current nba champions. I'd take a bench of declining nba players over a bench of players trying to get on.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenwich Village
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Metrocard clearly has a giant bromance with Kevin Garnett.


  7. #22
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    The point is they could all still start on championship caliber teams. Actually any of them I named could start for the current nba champions. I'd take a bench of declining nba players over a bench of players trying to get on.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Former NBA champions.

    It's 2013.

    Wake up.

    These guys aren't the players they were when they were championship teams.

    I love MWP and Martin, they're my two favorite players on the roster, but we need to accept the fact that they are the end of their careers and expecting them to perform at their prime is just silly.

    Originally Posted by nixon7
    Metrocard clearly has a giant bromance with Kevin Garnett.

    I should slap you in the mouth for saying that.
    If you haven't seen my KG hate threads, then use that search tool and check 'em out.

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenwich Village
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    LOL. Just pushing your button.

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nixon7
    LOL. Just pushing your button.
    KG will probably be injured for most of the season. I don't think his body can take any more NBA action. He has a lot of mileage.

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenwich Village
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    KG is a warrior, as is Stat.

    I do not appreciate KG's occasional dirty play, but you have to appreciate his passion.

    I actually hope that both KG and Stat are able to last the season and have epic battles all year and in the playoffs.

    Battles which Stat, the other Knick PFs, and the Knicks as a team win.

Similar Threads

  1. I really hate self-hating Knick fans
    By Deathstroke in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 03, 2012, 01:30
  2. 120 Million Reasons to Keep Hating Isiah
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 10, 2010, 21:30
  3. For the "Why they hating on the Knicks" KO Members
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 29, 2010, 23:08
  4. TRUCE!!! stop the hating and let the season begin!!!
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 07, 2008, 12:03
  5. Why is everyone hating on Marbury noww?
    By FLipfacTion4LyfE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jul 26, 2005, 09:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •