Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lebron/Melo/Chandler Knicks froncourt in 2015?

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Lebron is the best player in the game and his will to win makes him that but I was thinking along the lines of what Bigapple was saying that his game is somewhat ugly. His jumpshot is ugly, his postgame the same and even though he may be as great or greater than Jordan, MJ was more artful on the court while Lebron uses his brute strength and athleticism to get it done.
    exactly complete description

NO hangtime no crossover no fadeway no fakeshots no inteligence simply no ART just run and gun

Smaller player like N8 can easly superpass Lebron Nate can jump higher than Lebron

if some1 dont understand it simply just watch his game 6 vs Jazz in 1998 especially what he did to Russel or game 1 vs Blazers 1992

Thats why even MJ is taking Kobe over Lebron Kobe do same things as MJ

Superstar

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    I'm not stuck in 1987...simply put Lebron hasn't surpassed Magic as a G.O.A.T....is he a physically more talented and capable player than Magic yes but Lebron hasn't even revolutionized the game...Magic did.

When the pressure was about to burst pipes Lebron went to South Beach to cut corners to win...

Magic/Bird/Ewing/Barkley/Miller/Hakeem/Robinson/Malone/Jordan...these guys had chances to play with each other at least 1 or twice but they chose to beat each other. They were about the STRUGGLE...Lebron is and has been about WHAT I'M OWED

Oh and when Lebron was asked who his game most resembles or who he wanted it to resemble he said Magic, although Jordan was his favorite player growing up.
    Lebron hasn't revolutionized the game? How many 6'8 260 pound players with the ability to play all 5 positions have there been in NBA history? The guy is a freak of nature and the league has never seen anyone like him. Imagine if he played with Kareem and Worthy instead of Mo Williams and Big Z. He'd win the title every single year. There's nothing that Magic is better than him at except passing

Superstar

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Lebron hasn't revolutionized the game? How many 6'8 260 pound players with the ability to play all 5 positions have there been in NBA history? The guy is a freak of nature and the league has never seen anyone like him. Imagine if he played with Kareem and Worthy instead of Mo Williams and Big Z. He'd win the title every single year. There's nothing that Magic is better than him at except passing
    First of Lebron can't play Center hasn't played Center and doesn't play much Power Forward. Meanwhile Magic actually played the Center position in the Finals as a rookie and won a Chip. He revolutionized the game in that he was the first 6'9" 6'8" player to play point guard and dominate at the position. Lebron came after him, trying to do what he's already done. Magic is also better at allowing players who are good become great or great players remain great, while he being a G.O.A.T...meanwhile Lebron forces good to great players give up/sacrifice their game in order for him to maintain his Greatness.

You know when Magic played the Lakers had a moniker style of play...it was called...."SHOWTIME"

What's the Heat style of play?

Once again Magic never choked away a series in the fashion Lebron has vs Celtics right before he left to South Beach and then got throughly outplayed by Dirk in the Finals. Winning 2 chips does not catapult you to G.O.A.T. status.

I also wonder what Magic would do playing next to Wade and Bosh because Lebron didn't accomplish much until he left Cleveland. He couldn't even beat the Dwight Howard led Magic. I wonder how many other good/great players would have accomplished had they had a chance to gimmick up the playing field, by super power colluding?
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 22, 2013 at 20:40.

Superstar

Oh and Magic has 5 titles

beat Doc twice(Prime)

beat Bird twice(Prime)

beat Isiah once(Prime)

And when looking those players he beat 3 of them make most fans Top 20 All Time G.O.A.T. list. He went to 3 more Finals totaling 8 and lost to Isiah/Bird/Jordan still G.O.A.T.S.

Now tell me who has Lebron beat in the Finals Duncan(Past Prime) and Durant.....1 more than likely Top 10 G.O.A.T. the other underdetermined.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 23, 2013 at 11:13.

Superstar

I hate LeBron but he is better then magic. His vision is on par. He's a way better defender, he's stronger faster his offense is way better.... Yeah magic had 42 at c but he gave up close to the same amount in that game. Bron over magic is a no question

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

First of Lebron can't play Center hasn't played Center and doesn't play much Power Forward. Meanwhile Magic actually played the Center position in the Finals as a rookie and won a Chip. He revolutionized the game in that he was the first 6'9" 6'8" player to play point guard and dominate at the position. Lebron came after him, trying to do what he's already done. Magic is also better at allowing players who are good become great or great players remain great, while he being a G.O.A.T...meanwhile Lebron forces good to great players give up/sacrifice their game in order for him to maintain his Greatness.

You know when Magic played the Lakers had a moniker style of play...it was called...."SHOWTIME"

Once again Magic never choked away a series in the fashion Lebron has vs Celtics right before he left to South Beach and then got throughly outplayed by Dirk in the Finals. Winning 2 chips does not catapult you to G.O.A.T. status.

I also wonder what Magic would do playing next to Wade and Bosh because Lebron didn't accomplish much until he left Cleveland. He couldn't even beat the Dwight Howard led Magic. I wonder how many other good/great players would have accomplished had they had a chance to gimmick up the playing field, by super power colluding?
    That's a long post but it doesn't say what he does better then lebron. All subjective stuff that's debatable.

LeBron is never coming here. Ever.

Next thread...

Superstar

How does Lebron make anyone sacrifice their game? He's made every single person he's played with better. He made Mo Williams an all star for god's sake. You saw what happened to Cleveland after he left there, everyone he played with got exposed as a scrub. The fact that he took that team to the finals is unbelievable.

Also this is not close to prime Wade that he's playing with. Wade and Bosh were looking more like liabilities than assets at times this year and he carried them to the title.

Magic didn't have to collude because his team was stacked and better than any team Lebron has ever played with.

Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, better shooter, way better defender, better rebounder, better shot blocker, better scorer, and almost as good as a passer and we still haven't seen the best of him.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    How does Lebron make anyone sacrifice their game? He's made every single person he's played with better. He made Mo Williams an all star for god's sake. You saw what happened to Cleveland after he left there, everyone he played with got exposed as a scrub. The fact that he took that team to the finals is unbelievable.

Also this is not close to prime Wade that he's playing with. Wade and Bosh were looking more like liabilities than assets at times this year and he carried them to the title.

Magic didn't have to collude because his team was stacked and better than any team Lebron has ever played with.

Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, better shooter, way better defender, better rebounder, better shot blocker, better scorer, and almost as good as a passer and we still haven't seen the best of him.
    If you took Lebron's name out of the last paragraph you wrote I might think you were referring to Dominique Wilkins....just because you possess many skills or physical attributes compared to another player does not make you better.

Was Kevin Johnson better than Steve Nash?

Is Chris Paul better than Isiah Thomas?

Is Russell WestBrook better than Gary Payton?

Is Derrick Rose better than Jason Kidd?

Was Shawn Kemp better than Kevin Mchale?

Is Vince Carter better than Paul Pierce?

Is Tony Parker better than John Stockton?

Will Blake Griffin be better than Karl Malone?

Is Chris Webber better than Dirk?

Is Garnett better than Tim Duncan?

You see what I did there right? Which shows you I'm not stuck in any particular era

The very last part of your sentence is subjective...until we see the best of Lebron he's not better than Magic overall. Not many in the NBA family would rank Lebron ahead of Magic as an All-Time great. Now if Lebron goes on to be what many think he will sure give him that crown but as of now he's still not there.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 23, 2013 at 17:23.

If you took Lebron's name out of the last paragraph you wrote I might think you were referring to Dominique Wilkins....just because you possess many skills or physical attributes compared to another player does not make you better.
    4 me Dominique was with MJ best dunker in that times.

Was Kevin Johnson better than Steve Nash?
    Better mainly due his ft % and his court vision even when SUNS was top team during Barkley time roster

Is Chris Paul better than Isiah Thomas?
    nothing to compare during Bad Boys time CP3 is NBA created player thats why i dont want such players in Knicks uniform
    CP3 was playing with Tyson during Hornets time n they were shut down by Spurs easly.

Is Russell WestBrook better than Gary Payton?
    Gary was ELITE defender Russel is only better in offence

Is Derrick Rose better than Jason Kidd?
    Jason have higher IQ D-Rose is just more atheltic can dunk can jump can shoot 3s

Was Shawn Kemp better than Kevin Mchale?
    NO

Is Vince Carter better than Paul Pierce?
    Paul all the way

Is Tony Parker better than John Stockton?
    Tony all the way better talent Stock is just delivery man still assist leader and wont be broken soon.

Will Blake Griffin be better than Karl Malone?
    no comments

Is Chris Webber better than Dirk?
    Dirk outplayed Lebron and Wade in finals

You see what I did there right? Which shows you I'm not stuck in any particular era
    this is reason to many young ppl r in herre which even didnt seen finals 94 and never seen MJ and are grown by Lebron/Kobe

The very last part of your sentence is subjective...until we see the best of Lebron he's not better than Magic overall. Not many in the NBA family would rank Lebron ahead of Magic as an All-Time great. Now if Lebron goes on to be what many think he will sure give him that crown but as of now he's still not there.
    Lebron never played agaist huge Defenders like Barkley Olajuwon Bowen Robinson Oakley Mason & players wich was close to quintuple-double .

+

he is called as king of traveling and most know as fouls complaining mentioned by Rodman so some1 who wana compare him or talk about as the best of the best is very wrong

i saw some comment that Lebron is not better player than MELO Lebron was just playing in better teams and have/had allways 2nd allstar scorer in Cleveland and now Miami.

Cavs was in finals in 2007 Knicks since 99 just 2 playoffs apperances 2 sweeps

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

LeBron already played 10 NBA seasons compared to Magic's 13, and LeBron is only 28 years old.

LeBron has 4 MVPs in 10 seasons
    Johnson has 3 MVPs in 13 seasons

LeBron has 5 all defensive first teams.

Magic Johnson has 0.

LeBron already scored 21,081 points in his NBA career.
    Magic scored 17,707...so how hasn't LeBron passed him?

LeBron's career isn't even over, and he has about 5-6 more prime years left.

Most likely, LeBron will pass Magic in the all time assist list and LeBron doesn't even dominate the ball like Magic did.

Magic is an all time great, but LeBron is just better.

the struggle? LeBron took the Cavs to the Finals and before LeBron they were one of the worst teams in NBA history.

What struggle is there in Los Angeles playing next to James Worthy, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kurt Rambis, A.C. Green, Michael Cooper and Bryon Scott? The best player LeBron played with pre-Miami was probably Varejao.

I'm not stuck in 1987...simply put Lebron hasn't surpassed Magic as a G.O.A.T....is he a physically more talented and capable player than Magic yes but Lebron hasn't even revolutionized the game...Magic did.

When the pressure was about to burst pipes Lebron went to South Beach to cut corners to win...

Magic/Bird/Ewing/Barkley/Miller/Hakeem/Robinson/Malone/Jordan...these guys had chances to play with each other at least 1 or twice but they chose to beat each other. They were about the STRUGGLE...Lebron is and has been about WHAT I'M OWED

Oh and when Lebron was asked who his game most resembles or who he wanted it to resemble he said Magic, although Jordan was his favorite player growing up.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

and Magic Johnson is 6"8 and 210lbs.

He would never play center in today's NBA, not even on a Mike D'Antoni team.

LeBron physically would be the biggest guy in the 80s standing at 6"8 and 260 lbs. Even when Patrick Ewing was drafted he was only 240 lbs.

Don't bring up Magic playing center like it matter, the Showtime Lakers were loaded with enough big men and bangers like Rambis, AC Green and Worthy grabbing rebounds left and right. LeBron would body Johnson.

LeBron's rebounders consist of Chris Anderson, Chris Bosh and Joel Anthony, with Udonis Haslem...please. Miami's supporting cast isn't even physically intimidating.

They dwell off of LeBron's talents and get open for 3 with guys like Allen, Battier and Miller landing big shots come playoff time.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    LeBron already played 10 NBA seasons compared to Magic's 13, and LeBron is only 28 years old.

LeBron has 4 MVPs in 10 seasons
    Johnson has 3 MVPs in 13 seasons

LeBron has 5 all defensive first teams.

Magic Johnson has 0.

LeBron already scored 21,081 points in his NBA career.
    Magic scored 17,707...so how hasn't LeBron passed him?

LeBron's career isn't even over, and he has about 5-6 more prime years left.

Most likely, LeBron will pass Magic in the all time assist list and LeBron doesn't even dominate the ball like Magic did.

Magic is an all time great, but LeBron is just better.

the struggle? LeBron took the Cavs to the Finals and before LeBron they were one of the worst teams in NBA history.

What struggle is there in Los Angeles playing next to James Worthy, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kurt Rambis, A.C. Green, Michael Cooper and Bryon Scott? The best player LeBron played with pre-Miami was probably Varejao.
    Good post, well researched. Lebron better than Magic, no question.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Good post, well researched. Lebron better than Magic, no question.

It wasn't well researched I mean what did he actually do in his post? He posted overall pt differential compared to seasons played, MVP's, AD Teams.

AND?

Let's keep it real MVP honors do not mean the same these days as they did back in the day. Hence you have fans still griping over Steve Nash's and Derrick Rose's Top Honors.

Really how hard was that to accomplish.....keep glossing over I've posted more body of work facts

- Magic went to 8 Finals with many different squads...

- Magic has more Finals MVPs than LeTraveler...

- Magic has more Chips(5) than Letraveler

- Magic has more career assist(10k almost double) then Letraveler

- Magic has an NCAA Championship Letravel doesn't

- Magic Defeated multiple All-Time Greats during their Prime in Finals, Letraveler hasn't

- Magic has a better overall FG% than Letraveler

- Magic's career was cut short because of the HIV disease, otherwise his accumulative numbers would be better

- Magic Won a Chip as a Rookie and was MVP of that Finals, Letraveler hasn't and never will

- Magic revolutionized the way the point guard position was played decades to follow, patterned much by Letraveler

- Magic never lost a Gold Medal opportunity in the Olympics, unlike Letraveler

- Magic played in a hand checking era LeTraveler hasn't

- Magic never choked away a playoff series, 1 with Elbow Gate and and another being afraid to shoot wanting a teammate to save him in (Wade)

But if you want to idiotically henpeck stats I can do the same and say Karl Malone is better than Duncan based on total pts scored and Tim is light yrs behind Malone in scoring. They both won MVP 2 times in their career. But wait I bet you'll say Tim is better because he has rings and Malone doesn't and Tim has played in more Finals?

Well that would destroy the Magic vs LeTravel agenda oriented posting from you

GET IT!

GOT IT!

GOOD!

GOD BLESS

AND

GOOD NIGHT!
    Last edited by 3G4G; Jul 24, 2013 at 14:38.

Superstar

It wasn't well researched I mean what did he actually do in his post? He posted overall pt differential compared to seasons played, MVP's, AD Teams.

AND?

Let's keep it real MVP honors do not mean the same these days as they did back in the day. Hence you have fans still griping over Steve Nash's and Derrick Rose's Top Honors.

Really how hard was that to accomplish.....keep glossing over I've posted more body of work facts

- Magic went to 8 Finals with many different squads...

- Magic has more Finals MVPs than LeTraveler...

- Magic has more Chips(5) than Letraveler

- Magic has more career assist(10k almost double) then Letraveler

- Magic has an NCAA Championship Letravel doesn't

- Magic Defeated multiple All-Time Greats during their Prime in Finals, Letraveler hasn't

- Magic has a better overall FG% than Letraveler

- Magic's career was cut short because of the HIV disease, otherwise his accumulative numbers would be better

- Magic Won a Chip as a Rookie and was MVP of that Finals, Letraveler hasn't and never will

- Magic revolutionized the way the point guard position was played decades to follow, patterned much by Letraveler

- Magic never lost a Gold Medal opportunity in the Olympics, unlike Letraveler

- Magic played in a hand checking era LeTraveler hasn't

- Magic never choked away a playoff series, 1 with Elbow Gate and and another being afraid to shoot wanting a teammate to save him in (Wade)

But if you want to idiotically henpeck stats I can do the same and say Karl Malone is better than Duncan based on total pts scored and Tim is light yrs behind Malone in scoring. They both won MVP 2 times in their career. But wait I bet you'll say Tim is better because he has rings and Malone doesn't and Tim has played in more Finals?

Well that would destroy the Magic vs LeTravel agenda oriented posting from you

GET IT!

GOT IT!

GOOD!

GOD BLESS

AND

GOOD NIGHT!
    Dude, non of those are stats or any proof that he is a better basketball player then lebron. What can he do better then lebron on the basketball court. Let it go, this a complete no brainer.