Lebron/Melo/Chandler Knicks froncourt in 2015?

knicksince 93

Rotation player
First of Lebron can't play Center hasn't played Center and doesn't play much Power Forward. Meanwhile Magic actually played the Center position in the Finals as a rookie and won a Chip. He revolutionized the game in that he was the first 6'9" 6'8" player to play point guard and dominate at the position. Lebron came after him, trying to do what he's already done. Magic is also better at allowing players who are good become great or great players remain great, while he being a G.O.A.T...meanwhile Lebron forces good to great players give up/sacrifice their game in order for him to maintain his Greatness.

You know when Magic played the Lakers had a moniker style of play...it was called...."SHOWTIME"

What's the Heat style of play?

Once again Magic never choked away a series in the fashion Lebron has vs Celtics right before he left to South Beach and then got throughly outplayed by Dirk in the Finals. Winning 2 chips does not catapult you to G.O.A.T. status.

I also wonder what Magic would do playing next to Wade and Bosh because Lebron didn't accomplish much until he left Cleveland. He couldn't even beat the Dwight Howard led Magic. I wonder how many other good/great players would have accomplished had they had a chance to gimmick up the playing field, by super power colluding?

That's a long post but it doesn't say what he does better then lebron. All subjective stuff that's debatable.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Rob Low

Rotation player
First of Lebron can't play Center hasn't played Center and doesn't play much Power Forward. Meanwhile Magic actually played the Center position in the Finals as a rookie and won a Chip. He revolutionized the game in that he was the first 6'9" 6'8" player to play point guard and dominate at the position. Lebron came after him, trying to do what he's already done. Magic is also better at allowing players who are good become great or great players remain great, while he being a G.O.A.T...meanwhile Lebron forces good to great players give up/sacrifice their game in order for him to maintain his Greatness.

You know when Magic played the Lakers had a moniker style of play...it was called...."SHOWTIME"

What's the Heat style of play?

Once again Magic never choked away a series in the fashion Lebron has vs Celtics right before he left to South Beach and then got throughly outplayed by Dirk in the Finals. Winning 2 chips does not catapult you to G.O.A.T. status.

I also wonder what Magic would do playing next to Wade and Bosh because Lebron didn't accomplish much until he left Cleveland. He couldn't even beat the Dwight Howard led Magic. I wonder how many other good/great players would have accomplished had they had a chance to gimmick up the playing field, by super power colluding?

How does Lebron make anyone sacrifice their game? He's made every single person he's played with better. He made Mo Williams an all star for god's sake. You saw what happened to Cleveland after he left there, everyone he played with got exposed as a scrub. The fact that he took that team to the finals is unbelievable.

Also this is not close to prime Wade that he's playing with. Wade and Bosh were looking more like liabilities than assets at times this year and he carried them to the title.

Magic didn't have to collude because his team was stacked and better than any team Lebron has ever played with.

Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, better shooter, way better defender, better rebounder, better shot blocker, better scorer, and almost as good as a passer and we still haven't seen the best of him.

Broadway

All Star
How does Lebron make anyone sacrifice their game? He's made every single person he's played with better. He made Mo Williams an all star for god's sake. You saw what happened to Cleveland after he left there, everyone he played with got exposed as a scrub. The fact that he took that team to the finals is unbelievable.

Also this is not close to prime Wade that he's playing with. Wade and Bosh were looking more like liabilities than assets at times this year and he carried them to the title.

Magic didn't have to collude because his team was stacked and better than any team Lebron has ever played with.

Lebron is bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, better shooter, way better defender, better rebounder, better shot blocker, better scorer, and almost as good as a passer and we still haven't seen the best of him.

If you took Lebron's name out of the last paragraph you wrote I might think you were referring to Dominique Wilkins....just because you possess many skills or physical attributes compared to another player does not make you better.

Was Kevin Johnson better than Steve Nash?

Is Chris Paul better than Isiah Thomas?

Is Russell WestBrook better than Gary Payton?

Is Derrick Rose better than Jason Kidd?

Was Shawn Kemp better than Kevin Mchale?

Is Vince Carter better than Paul Pierce?

Is Tony Parker better than John Stockton?

Will Blake Griffin be better than Karl Malone?

Is Chris Webber better than Dirk?

Is Garnett better than Tim Duncan?

You see what I did there right? Which shows you I'm not stuck in any particular era

The very last part of your sentence is subjective...until we see the best of Lebron he's not better than Magic overall. Not many in the NBA family would rank Lebron ahead of Magic as an All-Time great. Now if Lebron goes on to be what many think he will sure give him that crown but as of now he's still not there.

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
If you took Lebron's name out of the last paragraph you wrote I might think you were referring to Dominique Wilkins....just because you possess many skills or physical attributes compared to another player does not make you better.
4 me Dominique was with MJ best dunker in that times.

Was Kevin Johnson better than Steve Nash?
Better mainly due his ft % and his court vision even when SUNS was top team during Barkley time roster

Is Chris Paul better than Isiah Thomas?
nothing to compare during Bad Boys time CP3 is NBA created player thats why i dont want such players in Knicks uniform
CP3 was playing with Tyson during Hornets time n they were shut down by Spurs easly.

Is Russell WestBrook better than Gary Payton?
Gary was ELITE defender Russel is only better in offence

Is Derrick Rose better than Jason Kidd?
Jason have higher IQ D-Rose is just more atheltic can dunk can jump can shoot 3s

Was Shawn Kemp better than Kevin Mchale?
NO

Is Vince Carter better than Paul Pierce?
Paul all the way

Is Tony Parker better than John Stockton?
Tony all the way better talent Stock is just delivery man still assist leader and wont be broken soon.

Will Blake Griffin be better than Karl Malone?
no comments

Is Chris Webber better than Dirk?
Dirk outplayed Lebron and Wade in finals

You see what I did there right? Which shows you I'm not stuck in any particular era
this is reason to many young ppl r in herre which even didnt seen finals 94 and never seen MJ and are grown by Lebron/Kobe

The very last part of your sentence is subjective...until we see the best of Lebron he's not better than Magic overall. Not many in the NBA family would rank Lebron ahead of Magic as an All-Time great. Now if Lebron goes on to be what many think he will sure give him that crown but as of now he's still not there.

Lebron never played agaist huge Defenders like Barkley Olajuwon Bowen Robinson Oakley Mason & players wich was close to quintuple-double .

+

he is called as king of traveling and most know as fouls complaining mentioned by Rodman so some1 who wana compare him or talk about as the best of the best is very wrong

i saw some comment that Lebron is not better player than MELO Lebron was just playing in better teams and have/had allways 2nd allstar scorer in Cleveland and now Miami.

Cavs was in finals in 2007 Knicks since 99 just 2 playoffs apperances 2 sweeps

metrocard

Legend
LeBron already played 10 NBA seasons compared to Magic's 13, and LeBron is only 28 years old.

LeBron has 4 MVPs in 10 seasons
Johnson has 3 MVPs in 13 seasons

LeBron has 5 all defensive first teams.

Magic Johnson has 0.

LeBron already scored 21,081 points in his NBA career.
Magic scored 17,707...so how hasn't LeBron passed him?

LeBron's career isn't even over, and he has about 5-6 more prime years left.

Most likely, LeBron will pass Magic in the all time assist list and LeBron doesn't even dominate the ball like Magic did.

Magic is an all time great, but LeBron is just better.

the struggle? LeBron took the Cavs to the Finals and before LeBron they were one of the worst teams in NBA history.

What struggle is there in Los Angeles playing next to James Worthy, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kurt Rambis, A.C. Green, Michael Cooper and Bryon Scott? The best player LeBron played with pre-Miami was probably Varejao.

I'm not stuck in 1987...simply put Lebron hasn't surpassed Magic as a G.O.A.T....is he a physically more talented and capable player than Magic yes but Lebron hasn't even revolutionized the game...Magic did.

When the pressure was about to burst pipes Lebron went to South Beach to cut corners to win...

Magic/Bird/Ewing/Barkley/Miller/Hakeem/Robinson/Malone/Jordan...these guys had chances to play with each other at least 1 or twice but they chose to beat each other. They were about the STRUGGLE...Lebron is and has been about WHAT I'M OWED

Oh and when Lebron was asked who his game most resembles or who he wanted it to resemble he said Magic, although Jordan was his favorite player growing up.

metrocard

Legend
and Magic Johnson is 6"8 and 210lbs.

He would never play center in today's NBA, not even on a Mike D'Antoni team.

LeBron physically would be the biggest guy in the 80s standing at 6"8 and 260 lbs. Even when Patrick Ewing was drafted he was only 240 lbs.

Don't bring up Magic playing center like it matter, the Showtime Lakers were loaded with enough big men and bangers like Rambis, AC Green and Worthy grabbing rebounds left and right. LeBron would body Johnson.

LeBron's rebounders consist of Chris Anderson, Chris Bosh and Joel Anthony, with Udonis Haslem...please. Miami's supporting cast isn't even physically intimidating.

They dwell off of LeBron's talents and get open for 3 with guys like Allen, Battier and Miller landing big shots come playoff time.

tiger0330

Legend
LeBron already played 10 NBA seasons compared to Magic's 13, and LeBron is only 28 years old.

LeBron has 4 MVPs in 10 seasons
Johnson has 3 MVPs in 13 seasons

LeBron has 5 all defensive first teams.

Magic Johnson has 0.

LeBron already scored 21,081 points in his NBA career.
Magic scored 17,707...so how hasn't LeBron passed him?

LeBron's career isn't even over, and he has about 5-6 more prime years left.

Most likely, LeBron will pass Magic in the all time assist list and LeBron doesn't even dominate the ball like Magic did.

Magic is an all time great, but LeBron is just better.

the struggle? LeBron took the Cavs to the Finals and before LeBron they were one of the worst teams in NBA history.

What struggle is there in Los Angeles playing next to James Worthy, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kurt Rambis, A.C. Green, Michael Cooper and Bryon Scott? The best player LeBron played with pre-Miami was probably Varejao.
Good post, well researched. Lebron better than Magic, no question.

Broadway

All Star
Good post, well researched. Lebron better than Magic, no question.

It wasn't well researched I mean what did he actually do in his post? He posted overall pt differential compared to seasons played, MVP's, AD Teams.

AND?

Let's keep it real MVP honors do not mean the same these days as they did back in the day. Hence you have fans still griping over Steve Nash's and Derrick Rose's Top Honors.

Really how hard was that to accomplish.....keep glossing over I've posted more body of work facts

- Magic went to 8 Finals with many different squads...

- Magic has more Finals MVPs than LeTraveler...

- Magic has more Chips(5) than Letraveler

- Magic has more career assist(10k almost double) then Letraveler

- Magic has an NCAA Championship Letravel doesn't

- Magic Defeated multiple All-Time Greats during their Prime in Finals, Letraveler hasn't

- Magic has a better overall FG% than Letraveler

- Magic's career was cut short because of the HIV disease, otherwise his accumulative numbers would be better

- Magic Won a Chip as a Rookie and was MVP of that Finals, Letraveler hasn't and never will

- Magic revolutionized the way the point guard position was played decades to follow, patterned much by Letraveler

- Magic never lost a Gold Medal opportunity in the Olympics, unlike Letraveler

- Magic played in a hand checking era LeTraveler hasn't

- Magic never choked away a playoff series, 1 with Elbow Gate and and another being afraid to shoot wanting a teammate to save him in (Wade)

But if you want to idiotically henpeck stats I can do the same and say Karl Malone is better than Duncan based on total pts scored and Tim is light yrs behind Malone in scoring. They both won MVP 2 times in their career. But wait I bet you'll say Tim is better because he has rings and Malone doesn't and Tim has played in more Finals?

Well that would destroy the Magic vs LeTravel agenda oriented posting from you

GET IT!

GOT IT!

GOOD!

GOD BLESS

AND

GOOD NIGHT!

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
It wasn't well researched I mean what did he actually do in his post? He posted overall pt differential compared to seasons played, MVP's, AD Teams.

AND?

Let's keep it real MVP honors do not mean the same these days as they did back in the day. Hence you have fans still griping over Steve Nash's and Derrick Rose's Top Honors.

Really how hard was that to accomplish.....keep glossing over I've posted more body of work facts

- Magic went to 8 Finals with many different squads...

- Magic has more Finals MVPs than LeTraveler...

- Magic has more Chips(5) than Letraveler

- Magic has more career assist(10k almost double) then Letraveler

- Magic has an NCAA Championship Letravel doesn't

- Magic Defeated multiple All-Time Greats during their Prime in Finals, Letraveler hasn't

- Magic has a better overall FG% than Letraveler

- Magic's career was cut short because of the HIV disease, otherwise his accumulative numbers would be better

- Magic Won a Chip as a Rookie and was MVP of that Finals, Letraveler hasn't and never will

- Magic revolutionized the way the point guard position was played decades to follow, patterned much by Letraveler

- Magic never lost a Gold Medal opportunity in the Olympics, unlike Letraveler

- Magic played in a hand checking era LeTraveler hasn't

- Magic never choked away a playoff series, 1 with Elbow Gate and and another being afraid to shoot wanting a teammate to save him in (Wade)

But if you want to idiotically henpeck stats I can do the same and say Karl Malone is better than Duncan based on total pts scored and Tim is light yrs behind Malone in scoring. They both won MVP 2 times in their career. But wait I bet you'll say Tim is better because he has rings and Malone doesn't and Tim has played in more Finals?

Well that would destroy the Magic vs LeTravel agenda oriented posting from you

GET IT!

GOT IT!

GOOD!

GOD BLESS

AND

GOOD NIGHT!

Dude, non of those are stats or any proof that he is a better basketball player then lebron. What can he do better then lebron on the basketball court. Let it go, this a complete no brainer.

bigapple

Starter
nice new nick letraveller :D

leFlooper is nice one too

u forgot one thing

Lebron is playing is diffrent rules time

There was no 3+1 during foul in Earving time
there was no clear path foul during Earving time
During Earving time 3pt line was longer distance than now
Earving Johnson was played against mine player which i listed above Lebron wasnt playing against /none of them

All NBA players dont wana cover Letraveller they know that there will be call in 1 sec in Earving time players can even
fight with ball for 3 secs

Lebron is simply secured/covered by NBA which is pushing him to finals.NBA wants Heat/lebron in Finals each year as long as possible

@3G4G

what about missing comparition to such players like Anfernee Hardaway and Latrell SPrewell during their prime

Rob Low

Rotation player

u forgot one thing

Earving Johnson was played against mine player which i listed above Lebron wasnt playing against /none of them

All NBA players dont wana cover Letraveller they know that there will be call in 1 sec in Earving time players can even

Lebron is simply secured/covered by NBA which is pushing him to finals.NBA wants Heat/lebron in Finals each year as long as possible

@3G4G

what about missing comparition to such players like Anfernee Hardaway and Latrell SPrewell during their prime

Just stop it. Lebron would dominate the 80s more than he does now

knicksince 93

Rotation player

u forgot one thing

@3G4G

The 3 point line was shorter. And magic still couldn't hit them

DrB

Benchwarmer
Look forget all this talk about them linking up next year with The Lakers, that is a shortsighted view of the situation! the fact is that both Melo and Lebron are in good positions with their current teams (obviously Lebron's is better) and both players are on teams that have cap to add their own FA's in the next couple years so they are not jumping the gun a year earlier just to play w an aging Kobe and once popular coach

But in two years could they consider joining forces? Well lets say Mia wins at least one more title in Lebron's last 2 years then that would make 3 for him in South Beach thus possibly a feeling of wanting a new challenge and what better way to cement a legacy than to bring a title to NY?

Ok, maybe that sounds more fulfilling to a Knicks fan than maybe a pro athlete but winning in Miami is one thing but winning in New York completely different.

I'd be surprised if The Heat are the last team Lebron plays for, it just seems as if he is one of those guys who would want to win a title in multiple cities...now if he did come here and left to pursue a title elsewhere I would hate him all over again, but we'll cross that bridge in 2020 or so!

ok so lets look at the practicals...we'll have about 14 million committed to cap in 2015 -loving getting Novak off the books- say the cap is set at 59
that gives us 45 million to play with (I swear I was not a math major in college).

I figure you can sign both Lebron and for 16 million each give Tyson a backloaded contract starting at 7 million (remember teams under the cap can give bigger increases in salaries) still leaving 6 million or so in cap.

Why is this possible?

1.The core of players they would be adding to (Shump,Felton,Smith,Hardaway JR): While this does not does not read like a who's who of NBA player it does represent a foundation of solid complimentary players

2. Potential new coach: I love Woody and I would like to see him around long term, but being able to bring in new coach with a revamped roster would definitely be a draw and Woody's contract is up that season

3. Being able to fill out the roster: this ties into point #1, Our problem in 2010 was that had LBJ signed here there would have been a def imbalance. I mean it would have amounted to Felton,Wilson, Gallo,LBJ, Stat w Toney Douglas, Bill Walker Feilds -yet another SG/SF- Andy Rautins and of course Eddy Curry along with Dantoni's lack of concern for D....its no wonder he ultimately signed w The Heat!

Now look at the potential of the roster if he came in 2015

Felton
Shump
Lebron
Melo
Tyson

bench
Smith
Hardaway
Metta (min)

plus leftover cap room to make bids at amnesty guys or sign a player outright. 6 million lands us a backup Center and Backup PG not to mention the league min guys

4. We are further removed from Isiah era: this era hurt us on so many levels but more than anything it made our team look extremely unstable and undesirable! Kudos to Stat for taking it on and bringing us back to respectability -why I will never feel Stat was not a worth while signing despite his injuries- and New York is no longer a joke but a relevant team in the NBA

Look lets stop the booing of this dude and let the courting begin all over again because this time its a real possibility!
We are so PATHETIC we need threads like this.

metrocard

Legend
Dude, non of those are stats or any proof that he is a better basketball player then lebron. What can he do better then lebron on the basketball court. Let it go, this a complete no brainer.

That dude said nothing...worst attempt at debating ever.

For example...he said

LeBron got drafted out of High School, but this dude still brings up Magic's NCAA Championship as if it has relevance.

Every point he brought up doesn't disprove what I said to be false or even makes a point to anything.
We know Magic Johnson's accomplishments. You're saying nothing by bringing them up.
LeBron is just better.

This guy probably tried boxing at a young age and got hit with a concussion to due to poor fighting instincts, which makes his brain work improperly.