Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lebron/Melo/Chandler Knicks froncourt in 2015?

nice new nick letraveller

leFlooper is nice one too

u forgot one thing

Lebron is playing is diffrent rules time

There was no 3+1 during foul in Earving time
    there was no clear path foul during Earving time
    During Earving time 3pt line was longer distance than now
    Earving Johnson was played against mine player which i listed above Lebron wasnt playing against /none of them

All NBA players dont wana cover Letraveller they know that there will be call in 1 sec in Earving time players can even
    fight with ball for 3 secs

Lebron is simply secured/covered by NBA which is pushing him to finals.NBA wants Heat/lebron in Finals each year as long as possible

@3G4G

what about missing comparition to such players like Anfernee Hardaway and Latrell SPrewell during their prime

Superstar

Originally Posted by bigapple

u forgot one thing

Earving Johnson was played against mine player which i listed above Lebron wasnt playing against /none of them

All NBA players dont wana cover Letraveller they know that there will be call in 1 sec in Earving time players can even

Lebron is simply secured/covered by NBA which is pushing him to finals.NBA wants Heat/lebron in Finals each year as long as possible

@3G4G

what about missing comparition to such players like Anfernee Hardaway and Latrell SPrewell during their prime
    Just stop it. Lebron would dominate the 80s more than he does now

Superstar

u forgot one thing

@3G4G

The 3 point line was shorter. And magic still couldn't hit them

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by New New York
    Look forget all this talk about them linking up next year with The Lakers, that is a shortsighted view of the situation! the fact is that both Melo and Lebron are in good positions with their current teams (obviously Lebron's is better) and both players are on teams that have cap to add their own FA's in the next couple years so they are not jumping the gun a year earlier just to play w an aging Kobe and once popular coach

But in two years could they consider joining forces? Well lets say Mia wins at least one more title in Lebron's last 2 years then that would make 3 for him in South Beach thus possibly a feeling of wanting a new challenge and what better way to cement a legacy than to bring a title to NY?

Ok, maybe that sounds more fulfilling to a Knicks fan than maybe a pro athlete but winning in Miami is one thing but winning in New York completely different.

I'd be surprised if The Heat are the last team Lebron plays for, it just seems as if he is one of those guys who would want to win a title in multiple cities...now if he did come here and left to pursue a title elsewhere I would hate him all over again, but we'll cross that bridge in 2020 or so!

ok so lets look at the practicals...we'll have about 14 million committed to cap in 2015 -loving getting Novak off the books- say the cap is set at 59
    that gives us 45 million to play with (I swear I was not a math major in college).

I figure you can sign both Lebron and for 16 million each give Tyson a backloaded contract starting at 7 million (remember teams under the cap can give bigger increases in salaries) still leaving 6 million or so in cap.

Why is this possible?

1.The core of players they would be adding to (Shump,Felton,Smith,Hardaway JR): While this does not does not read like a who's who of NBA player it does represent a foundation of solid complimentary players

2. Potential new coach: I love Woody and I would like to see him around long term, but being able to bring in new coach with a revamped roster would definitely be a draw and Woody's contract is up that season

3. Being able to fill out the roster: this ties into point #1, Our problem in 2010 was that had LBJ signed here there would have been a def imbalance. I mean it would have amounted to Felton,Wilson, Gallo,LBJ, Stat w Toney Douglas, Bill Walker Feilds -yet another SG/SF- Andy Rautins and of course Eddy Curry along with Dantoni's lack of concern for D....its no wonder he ultimately signed w The Heat!

Now look at the potential of the roster if he came in 2015

Felton
    Shump
    Lebron
    Melo
    Tyson

bench
    Smith
    Hardaway
    Metta (min)

plus leftover cap room to make bids at amnesty guys or sign a player outright. 6 million lands us a backup Center and Backup PG not to mention the league min guys

4. We are further removed from Isiah era: this era hurt us on so many levels but more than anything it made our team look extremely unstable and undesirable! Kudos to Stat for taking it on and bringing us back to respectability -why I will never feel Stat was not a worth while signing despite his injuries- and New York is no longer a joke but a relevant team in the NBA

Look lets stop the booing of this dude and let the courting begin all over again because this time its a real possibility!
    We are so PATHETIC we need threads like this.

Hate to break it to you but if Tyson is still on the Knicks in 2015 then we're going nowhere.

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Just stop it. Lebron would dominate the 80s more than he does now

this is your so called domination?

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    The 3 point line was shorter. And magic still couldn't hit them

but there was no 3+1 during that time Earving wasnt good 3pt shooter anyway

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Dude, non of those are stats or any proof that he is a better basketball player then lebron. What can he do better then lebron on the basketball court. Let it go, this a complete no brainer.

That dude said nothing...worst attempt at debating ever.

For example...he said

LeBron got drafted out of High School, but this dude still brings up Magic's NCAA Championship as if it has relevance.

Every point he brought up doesn't disprove what I said to be false or even makes a point to anything.
    We know Magic Johnson's accomplishments. You're saying nothing by bringing them up.
    LeBron is just better.

This guy probably tried boxing at a young age and got hit with a concussion to due to poor fighting instincts, which makes his brain work improperly.

Originally Posted by DrB
    We are so PATHETIC we need threads like this.

Question, does the fact Lebron is considering Knicks make the idea less pathetic!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

Originally Posted by New New York
    Question, does the fact Lebron is considering Knicks make the idea less pathetic!

Didn't he consider us in 2010? Where is he playing now?

when i see this

i am thinking is this upcoming season is last season playoffs for Knicks and last season for MELO

such articles only proofs that Lebron allways have stronger company to play than MELO.

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    1. I'm not guaranteeing Lebron will join us just merely responding to the notion that a poster made that wanting Lebron here is pathetic and I assume he felt like that because he thought it was far fetched

2. I have outlined why our chances are greater now than 2010...still not saying it would happen... But this go around there is a much much better core of players...yet again not trying to predict what he will do

3. You were complaining in The Bobby Brown thread how you feel no one wants to come to NY and then downplay the notion that Lebron is giving consideration to playing for The Knicks

Lastly...Lebron choosing MIA over us in 2010 was not personal, he wanted a title and frankly Heat gave him a better chance to win...lets get over it!
    Last edited by New New York; Jul 31, 2013 at 17:14.

when i see this

i am thinking is this upcoming season is last season playoffs for Knicks and last season for MELO

such articles only proofs that Lebron allways have stronger company to play than MELO.
    Mark Berman is Charles Barkey with a column in The Post

the question is asked of Melo would the success of this team this year determine his choice to sign here long term and he replied something to the affect that it was too hard to call or whatever...basically what he was saying was that his future is not going to be decided based on how this team does this year...Fatboy Berman just twisted what he was saying..he complemented The Nets (as he did last year) and it gets interpreted like he's not content w Knicks (although he praised our additions too)

He already shutdown Laker rumors for next year and we have a chance to build something special in 2015 while being a legit team all the while (unlike 2010 where we just around mounting losses for 2 years hoping for a savior)

This story is inflated
    Last edited by New New York; Jul 31, 2013 at 16:55.

Veteran

I've always wondered if the option of a team up with Wade and Bosh had not emerged, would Lebron have considered us his next option or gone back to Cleveland. If the former, we might have a shot at him, however I think a return to Cleveland is the more likely move, if any. The largest fanbase in the league would love him if he won here, but going back to Cleveland, and winning, would exorcise much bigger ghosts.

Superstar

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    It's different then 2010. I really don't wanna speculate this as its an injustice to melo imo who WANTED to be here... but if bosh and more importantly wade conTinues to decline why wouldn't he think about leaving? I mean the knicks as is could be enticing. Add to that the birthing season of shump and possibly all star caliber play. Our big 3 could be melo, shump and lbj. What if bargs plays nice for us thats another piece as well and more enticing then an aging roster in mia or a young roster in cle. If lebron leaves mia and the championship follows him to ny it will catapult him to top 3 discussion easily maybe top 2, strong debate for best ever without passing him in rings. I'm sure he knows that. So the allure of that has to be going through his head. Now how would we make that happen, I'd foresee a melo and lebron taking pay cuts to accommodate the situation, of course we'd need more then just them accommodating. How bout this stat knows this is his last contract and anything else after this one ends would be vet minimum so what about stat opting out of his 20 mil deal and re signing to a 3 year dear to equal the same amount that hes getting now. He's getting the same money he would be getting if he just got it in one year. Even after that year a team could offer him a vet minimum but he could easily get his money over 3 years. He'd only lose 1 mil or whatever his vet minimum was to be if he played through his contract and and signed elsewhere for the vm.... stats a team player and warrior, I'm positive stat would opt out and restructure if melo and lebron were thinking about campaigning together. Not likely imo but there's reason to think he's thinking differently then 10'