Who has a chance to make the team..AS SEEN IN THE SUMMER LEAGUE

DrB

Benchwarmer
I saw that Hardaway Jr. has a wrist injury but he's good. Any update on that injury. C.J . Leslie and Tyler may have a shot and I wonder if their presence is stopping the knicks from signing K Mart. Which rookies do you want to make the club?

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
To me Jeremy Tyler is a younger more athletic version of Kenyon Martin... Looking at what Knicks are focusing on, PG, F, C...

Also, management keeping the door open to add one or two point guards... Especially if they decide to play Prigioni at 2G, would be smart to have two backups at the point...

The two point guards are the question??? Toure Murry??? Bobby Brown??? Any others that could compete???

Leslie likely to make the final cut...

DrB

Benchwarmer
So this is what the teams composition looks like Tyson, Melo, Stat, Felton, MWP, Bargnani, J.R. Pablo, Hardaway Jr, Tyler, C.J Leslie which still leaves 3 -4 open roster slots. I keep seeing Bobby Brown's name as well as Billips.

tiger0330

Legend
So this is what the teams composition looks like Tyson, Melo, Stat, Felton, MWP, Bargnani, J.R. Pablo, Hardaway Jr, Tyler, C.J Leslie which still leaves 3 -4 open roster slots. I keep seeing Bobby Brown's name as well as Billips.
Billips is in Detroit and the Jazz just signed John Lucas. Grunny keeps waiting the only guy left to sign will be AI.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
PG: Felton/Murry???/Brown???
SG: Shumpert/Prigioni/Hardaway Jr.
SF: Artest/Smith/Leslie
PF: Anthony/Stoudemire-Bargnani
C: Chandler/Tyler/Martin???

Its either Murry & Brown at PG or one of them...

Prigioni can play both but would be better suited as 2G...

I think Kenyon Martin is waiting until middle of training camp or after to join a team... Looking to see if another team will offer him more than Vet. Min. ... My understanding, if he wants to return to Knicks and no one else is offering no more than Vet Min, Knicks can offer a little more... Martin one year non Bird Rights allows Knicks to pay 120%??? If so K-Mart can return for $1.62 M this year...

I wouldn't be upset if the Knicks started Tyler along side Anthony in a few games... Energy, effort and rebounding with an aggressive shot blocker on defense would help the starting rotation... I know it would be a miracle that Woodson would do this but you never know...

Tyson/Martin with Stoudemire/Bargnani could be a few solid rotations...

Tyson and Martin play their defensive game while allowing Stat and Bargs to work the post and mid range game, but neither set should be playing more than a certain allotment, leaving the youngster Tyler and maybe even Leslie to get quality minutes...

Want to build around Anthony, not put a road block in his way to being productive... Artest with Shumpert can defend the perimeter just enough allow Anthony to play the post with Tyler, might not be sexy but it has potential... Plenty of schemes to be had, if they choose to look for it...

DrB

Benchwarmer
I remember last year it was not until the fourth quarter that the Knicks went into their LOCK DOWN defense. Many time it worked to the point where I was saying "where was the defense the whole game". Realistically no team can keep up that kind of defensive intensity for four quarters but I think OFFENSE was a greater need than defense from what I saw last year. I just watched a replay of the KNICKS vs. Sacremento where the Knicks scored 120 points. We know the regular season has nothing to do with the playoffs where...DEFENSE and REBOUNDING trumps OFFENSE. Last year Garnett was no big threat in the playoffs...either hurt or being rested and I believe Pierce and KG will be worth something come playoff time depending on how limited their season playing time is. The Nets while great on paper must first become a team.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
To me Jeremy Tyler is a younger more athletic version of Kenyon Martin... Looking at what Knicks are focusing on, PG, F, C...

Also, management keeping the door open to add one or two point guards... Especially if they decide to play Prigioni at 2G, would be smart to have two backups at the point...

The two point guards are the question??? Toure Murry??? Bobby Brown??? Any others that could compete???

Leslie likely to make the final cut...

I like the idea of having two backup points, but i really think that Shump will take alot of those 2G minutes this year, so most likely only one will make it. Plus we still got JR.

I would love for Martin to sign back but i understand he is testing the waters to see if he can land more money. We can only hope and wait as I really think we need a veteran big to back up Chandler, if Martin and Stat pulls some of those backup minutes we will be straight. Tyler is worth a few minutes too, but would be for his length in defense and rebounding. Can the dude set a pick? that would be my next question.