Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me out knicks fans

Superstar

Default Help me out knicks fans

So I'm having a debate( this thread can be closed soon) with a co worker and he's saying that if lebron were to opt out and lead us to a chip he would be regarded by knicks nation as the greatest knick ever. Even above pat, I'm telling him that while he is a greater player then our beloved pat. Us knicks will always appreciate pats blood,sweat, guts and tears for eternity over a chip for one year. While a chip would be nice and fantastic knicks nation will still hold him to a higher esteem then lebron playing a few years and winning the chip. Please respond so I can show him the responses from true knick fans. Cuz he's saying that only I have the opinion and I'm saying non that's a knicks fan true opinion any of us
    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

sometimes, it's not the destination. it's the journey that matter most.

everybody loves a underdog story.

and **** leflop.

If Lebron came to the Knicks,and we won a championship, He'd be a god in NYC.

Superstar

If Melo wins us a title he'll be above Pat to me.

Veteran

That's funny .. I always held Bill Cartwright & Bernard King above Ewing.
    And if Spree & Camby wouldve took us to another FINALS appearance they also wouldve been above Ewing.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    That's funny .. I always held Bill Cartwright & Bernard King above Ewing.
    And if Spree & Camby wouldve took us to another FINALS appearance they also wouldve been above Ewing.
    Oh gosh kiya. I guess we'll never agree.... spree and camby? More like Houston

Superstar

Idk maybe opinion would change ONCE we win the chip and had that feeling. But pat is the cream of the crop for me.

Veteran

After 40 years of futility. Lebron shows up and wins a chip, Knicks fans would be like "Patrick who".

It's all about champions in NYC. Nothing else matters. If Melo wins a chip here yes, he's the greastest knick ever and I'm a huge Patrick Ewing fan.

Lebron isn't a knick and probably never will be.

Superstar

I guess so. Maybe y'all are right.

its all about teammates that playing D and high IQ shots selection

compare it to Knicks and to Lebron's Cavs and now Heat.
    Both teams roster were better D and better shot selection

both team reached finals.

Knicks lost 3 seasons mailny due D'Anotoni wortless system which mainly is about 3pt shot and no D
    now MELO sees will he opt final year and join Lakers and what again D'Antoni? dont think so

also Lebron dont like LA.

but i am interesting what will happend

what reaction will be in ESPN staff IF Lebron wants to join his forces with MELO
    but i dont think MELO will move himself as Wade to less important piece in team.

But even if this could happend with these 2 players league would be worthelss to watch

its like connecting Durant with Bryant into 1 team both r killers and closers.

IDK. Hard to say but right this minute , I'd still hold pat in a higher regard. First off he wont go anywhere else and be the man amongst regular role players like Pat was. He'll force his way to join forces with melo and others to win it. This new super team era has changed the way you can compare today's players to those from back in the day.

Wonder if we got LBJ 3 years ago instead of Melo - and Melo went to the Heat, and the Heat won 2 with Melo, if we'd hear all this LBJ garbage....

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    Wonder if we got LBJ 3 years ago instead of Melo - and Melo went to the Heat, and the Heat won 2 with Melo, if we'd hear all this LBJ garbage....
    A hypothetical that wouldve never happen, Pat Riley was set on selecting D.Wade in the 2003 draft over every pick except Lebron James. NBA draft annalysis had D.Wade as a late 10th round pick.

When knowing the career of Pat Riley as a super-star player & winning coach/GM, plus D.Wade's high expectation of teammates. The two are the sole recruiters for the Miami Heats organization, and Melo's one-dimension performance wouldve never been accepted by the two decision-makers of the Heats organization.

Recall .. HC Pat Riley took us to the FINALS by recruiting two great defensive players from the CBA League in John Starks & Anthony Mason, making both 30 minute players that season.
    And our next trip to the Finals were on the sole strength of Sprewell, Camby, and Houston's last second shot.
    Pat only played one game in the 2nd round, and we lost that game.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Melo is too one dimensional to be better than Patrick. Pat was a god on defense and consistent on offense...give me a prime Patrick Ewing over Melo any day.

Infact, if you replace Patrick with Melo, Knicks would have a better shot at the chip.

Prigioni/Felton
    Smith/Hardaway
    World Peace/Bargnani
    Martin/Stoudemire
    Ewing/Chandler

A defensive core of World Peace, Martin and Ewing would strike fear to any team since they can defend in a variety of ways, interior defense or defense against the pick and role.

Smith, Bargnani and Stoudemire will pick up the scoring...and probably play a lot better without Melo.

I like Melo and I believe he gives us a great shot at winning, but Ewing is just better by about 2-3 points for me, it's very close since Melo is a rare talent.

I'll even take prime Ewing over a prime Kobe.