View Poll Results: What should the Knicks do with their final roster spot?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sign a big before training camp (J. Jordan, E. Barron, S. May, someone else)

6 42.86%
  • Sign a guard before training camp (B. Brown, someone else)

1 7.14%
  • Sign best FA available before training camp

0 0%
  • Sign best player from training camp

3 21.43%
  • Wait for players cut from other training camps

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last roster spot

​If not Ivan, then i would wait till some bigs get cut....there will be a few good ones. We're nearly set, so i'll be patient here. Def want a back up for tyson

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

I'm seeing Amundson is being looked at, he's not bad. He would make a good pickup

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Now two other players rumored to possibly fill the last spot. Drew Gooden and Tyrus Thomas, both would be decent pickups. Tyrus Thomas still can play.

Superstar

Originally Posted by serendipity10
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Now two other players rumored to possibly fill the last spot. Drew Gooden and Tyrus Thomas, both would be decent pickups. Tyrus Thomas still can play.
    I'd take either, I think drew gooden helps where our defincies lie, but tt is a little more verastile defender.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

the best defender/rebounder - the answer for the last spot

@JaredZwerling: Source: Strong mutual interest between the #Knicks and Earl Barron ... My latest story here -- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I like earl a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superstar

I never understood why we never gave Barron a chance. He dominates every time he plays for us

I agree that Earl Barron has always played well for us when given the chance.

More to the point, all the other options so far make less sense.

Ivan Johnson is the best player (based upon PER) that we have considered but it is hard to see him as a backup center rather than just an additional PF (we already have seven players who can play PF).

Wang Zhelin has more long-term potential but is probably a year or two away.

Jerome Jordan and Hamed Hadaddi are also reasonable alternatives. Jordan is actually ranked highest by PER, but Barron has played the best for us historically. My inclination is to invite both Jordan and Barron to camp (and Haddadi if possible) and let them compete for the final spot, reserving the right of course, to grab someone else who gets cut from another camp at the last minute if they are clearly superior (but I sort of doubt that will happen).

However, if Barron indicates that he may sign somewhere else, we might be forced to take him sooner, and that would be an acceptable outcome.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nixon7
    I agree that Earl Barron has always played well for us when given the chance.

More to the point, all the other options so far make less sense.

Ivan Johnson is the best player (based upon PER) that we have considered but it is hard to see him as a backup center rather than just an additional PF (we already have seven players who can play PF).

Wang Zhelin has more long-term potential but is probably a year or two away.

Jerome Jordan and Hamed Hadaddi are also reasonable alternatives. Jordan is actually ranked highest by PER, but Barron has played the best for us historically. My inclination is to invite both Jordan and Barron to camp (and Haddadi if possible) and let them compete for the final spot, reserving the right of course, to grab someone else who gets cut from another camp at the last minute if they are clearly superior (but I sort of doubt that will happen).

However, if Barron indicates that he may sign somewhere else, we might be forced to take him sooner, and that would be an acceptable outcome.
    I want Hadaddi.

Solid passing center who can block shots, has a fundamental offensive game, and will be great in the half court.