Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Beno Udrih To Sign One-Year Deal With Knicks

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Default Beno Udrih (The best option if possible)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Forget about Bobby Brown, forget about other broken old players, and definitely forget about Delonte West. If the Knicks can somehow pull off this sign out of there asses, it will be the biggest steal for the Knicks this off season. This guy could play, a great role player and is desperately needed for the Knicks. We are all seeing he Knicks almost not change at all this season which is okay except okay sucks. The Knicks need help and with Udrih we don't have to worry about the back court. The front court is an issue but at least we will look somewhat better. I'm sure you are aware of his game and what he can bring to the Knicks offense and he has a decent defensive game as well.

Yeah but he won't want to be a 3rd string PG. He'll want to start. He didn't do well in Milwaukee cause he needs and wants the minutes and doesn't like coming off the bench.....I think your right though, out of the bunch its worth a shot....He can play when he wants to

Veteran

Devin Harris signed a 1yr vet min contract with the Mavs so it's possible that we could get Beno for a 1yr min deal. Grunny work your magic.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Devin Harris signed a 1yr vet min contract with the Mavs so it's possible that we could get Beno for a 1yr min deal. Grunny work your magic.
    We're no longer after Delonte West so I guess like I originally suspected the Knicks found out how bad of an idea this was.

Appears we may be moving on from Beno too....Hadadi is now on our radar

Boy this organization is making the fan base hop on and off of the Chuck Kool-Aid Wagon multiple times weekly and/or daily.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Originally Posted by petescud
    Yeah but he won't want to be a 3rd string PG. He'll want to start. He didn't do well in Milwaukee cause he needs and wants the minutes and doesn't like coming off the bench.....I think your right though, out of the bunch its worth a shot....He can play when he wants to
    I was thinking the same, there is nothing wrong with competing for a spot. Both Felton and Udrih will have there minutes. Woodson will have to manage minutes better than he did last season and with depth in the guard position it will be a lot easier. I see them both starting different games, experiment what works and what doesn't.

True. I keep forgeting how Woody plays his roster. If thats the case, i think we do well with either guard as a 3rd option

SB Nation is reporting this a bit differently, namely that option #1 is to sign Udrih and option #2 is still to sign Bobby Brown:

with the deadline for the Bobby Brown option being Aug 15th.

This makes sense to me, and I am fine either way.

Udrih is the safer play in terms of an established player. However, there are some questions (see above) about his attitude with playing a limited role. Brown might have more upside offensively, especially in light of his sterling play in the recent Drew League games, and a better attitude to work hard regardless of minutes. However, there is also considerably more risk both in terms of his experience and defense.

Neither option is perfect, neither option is horrible. Plausible arguments can be made either way.

I tend to believe that the Udrih situation is self-fulfilling. If he signs, then some of his attitude questions may have been addressed. If he doesn't sign, then we might actually be better off with Brown anyway. When you are looking at a 3rd string PG, attitude can be as important as talent.

Absolutely Udrih is the best option.

Udrih,Murray, and Tyler would be fantastic to finish up the roster.

this guy got already 2 titles with Spurs so he played for good franchise @ beginning.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Absolutely Udrih is the best option.

Udrih,Murray, and Tyler would be fantastic to finish up the roster.
    i'll drink to that

i would start udrih and felton an have pablo off the bench

Originally Posted by tiger0330

harris agreed to 3 years and 9 mil. he only signed for a less because of an injury that was discovered after the original agreement.

knicks after ivan johnson

Amid their search for a young big man who could provide interior scoring, rebounding and defense, the Knicks are having discussions with free agent Ivan Johnson, a player source told ESPNNewYork.com.

The 29-year-old Johnson, who became an NBA player in 2011 and has played for the Hawks, was initially campaigning for a mini mid-level contract. But with remaining attractive free agents like DeJuan Blair and Antawn Jamison in the veteran's minimum financial ballpark -- Blair signed with the Mavericks for that amount -- the free-agent market is quickly changing.

I'm not familiar with Beno's game, why the excitement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delete******