Beno Udrih To Sign One-Year Deal With Knicks

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Beno Udrih (The best option if possible)

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/31/report-knicks-trying-hard-to-sign-beno-udrih/

Forget about Bobby Brown, forget about other broken old players, and definitely forget about Delonte West. If the Knicks can somehow pull off this sign out of there asses, it will be the biggest steal for the Knicks this off season. This guy could play, a great role player and is desperately needed for the Knicks. We are all seeing he Knicks almost not change at all this season which is okay except okay sucks. The Knicks need help and with Udrih we don't have to worry about the back court. The front court is an issue but at least we will look somewhat better. I'm sure you are aware of his game and what he can bring to the Knicks offense and he has a decent defensive game as well.

petescud

Starter
Yeah but he won't want to be a 3rd string PG. He'll want to start. He didn't do well in Milwaukee cause he needs and wants the minutes and doesn't like coming off the bench.....I think your right though, out of the bunch its worth a shot....He can play when he wants to

tiger0330

Legend
Devin Harris signed a 1yr vet min contract with the Mavs so it's possible that we could get Beno for a 1yr min deal. Grunny work your magic.

Broadway

All Star
Devin Harris signed a 1yr vet min contract with the Mavs so it's possible that we could get Beno for a 1yr min deal. Grunny work your magic.

We're no longer after Delonte West so I guess like I originally suspected the Knicks found out how bad of an idea this was.

Appears we may be moving on from Beno too....Hadadi is now on our radar

Boy this organization is making the fan base hop on and off of the Chuck Kool-Aid Wagon multiple times weekly and/or daily.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Yeah but he won't want to be a 3rd string PG. He'll want to start. He didn't do well in Milwaukee cause he needs and wants the minutes and doesn't like coming off the bench.....I think your right though, out of the bunch its worth a shot....He can play when he wants to

I was thinking the same, there is nothing wrong with competing for a spot. Both Felton and Udrih will have there minutes. Woodson will have to manage minutes better than he did last season and with depth in the guard position it will be a lot easier. I see them both starting different games, experiment what works and what doesn't.

petescud

Starter
True. I keep forgeting how Woody plays his roster. If thats the case, i think we do well with either guard as a 3rd option

nixon7

Benchwarmer
SB Nation is reporting this a bit differently, namely that option #1 is to sign Udrih and option #2 is still to sign Bobby Brown:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/8/1/4578074/nba-free-agency-rumors-lakers-knicks

with the deadline for the Bobby Brown option being Aug 15th.

This makes sense to me, and I am fine either way.

Udrih is the safer play in terms of an established player. However, there are some questions (see above) about his attitude with playing a limited role. Brown might have more upside offensively, especially in light of his sterling play in the recent Drew League games, and a better attitude to work hard regardless of minutes. However, there is also considerably more risk both in terms of his experience and defense.

Neither option is perfect, neither option is horrible. Plausible arguments can be made either way.

I tend to believe that the Udrih situation is self-fulfilling. If he signs, then some of his attitude questions may have been addressed. If he doesn't sign, then we might actually be better off with Brown anyway. When you are looking at a 3rd string PG, attitude can be as important as talent.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Absolutely Udrih is the best option.

Udrih,Murray, and Tyler would be fantastic to finish up the roster.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
knicks after ivan johnson

Amid their search for a young big man who could provide interior scoring, rebounding and defense, the Knicks are having discussions with free agent Ivan Johnson, a player source told ESPNNewYork.com.

The 29-year-old Johnson, who became an NBA player in 2011 and has played for the Hawks, was initially campaigning for a mini mid-level contract. But with remaining attractive free agents like DeJuan Blair and Antawn Jamison in the veteran's minimum financial ballpark -- Blair signed with the Mavericks for that amount -- the free-agent market is quickly changing.

Kiyaman

Legend
True. I keep forgeting how Woody plays his roster. If thats the case, i think we do well with either guard as a 3rd option

Didnt Beno lose his starting-job on the Kings to rookie Isiiah Thomas?

Any 3rd tier PG would do well in Woodson's chucker-system of walking the ball upcourt for ISO-ISO Melo.
Our PG duties has one easy task on offense "Pass the ball to Melo" ....

The way Shumpert played PG in the summer league was exactly, bring the ball up and pass it off to (Melo) on the high post or wing then head to the corner, very boring and predictable with no change, just the same repetitious and boring offensive sets.

Here's a note to remember ......
Lastseason we started the 2012-13 season off with a 18-5 run, and during that run PG-Raymond Felton average close to 20 pts, and 8 ast, taking 16 FGA per game. That was put to an immediate STOP! WHY? bcause Felton was our 2nd option on offense during the 18-5 run. Which made JR.smith a 3rd to 4th option depending on a hot Tyson or Novak.
The Knicks medical staff came into the picture stating, "Felton will b out for 4 to 6 weeks with a fracture-pinky finger" LMAO :teeth:
When Felton return from the so-call fracture pinky-finger injury LMAO, Felton never took over 6 shots per game, averaging 4 to 5 assist bringing the ball up to only pass to Melo or JR.
What happen to making 7.1 Tyson Chandler the center of attention on offense? bring the ball up for a give n go with Tyson receiving the ball at the foul line? It worked so well with Lin-Sanity, that the Indiana Pacers ran that move with 7.2 Roy Hibbert consistently throughout the 2012-13 season, because of the season injury to their star-player Granger.

Kiyaman

Legend
Something to compare .....

We started the 2011-12 season with a 8-15 run
We started the 2012-13 season with a 18-5 run
WHY?
How will our record look in 2013-14 after our 23rd game of the season???

bigapple

Starter
diffrent roster is making diffrence there was no Fields Douglas in 2012/2013 and Woodson is diffrence.

all i want in 2k14 to loose less home games and to win as much as possible atlantic div games vs NETS i dont know how strong will b 76ers and celtics.