Beno Udrih To Sign One-Year Deal With Knicks

metrocard

Legend
Stop being a cheerleader.

World Peace isn't the defender he was. He's B level.
Chandler isn't the defender he was. He's C level
Martin plays defense, but is only 6"8/6"9 and can't patrol the paint to the level we need him to, plus he'll only be playing 20 minutes a game at most so his impact will be partial.

Amare is an F level defender
Bargnani is an D level defender (man to man post defense is actually okay, but his help defense is weak)

Knicks have the worst interior defense in the East. You naming what Ron Artest and Chandler did a couple of years ago is totally pointless.

How do we know that Anthony won't be playing the 4 this year? Until we get a confirmation from Woodson, I don't want to hear that crap. Woodson loves Melo at the 4 and doesn't adjust the roster to Melo as a SF. Please go ahead and do yourself a favor and present information that shows Mike Woodson favors big ball.

Your punk ass ain't leaving no where...lol I can call bluff on bets in a heartbeat, don't try to fool me.

Ok....now list the attributes

3 All NBA caliber Defenders along w league's leading scorer in starting 5
Depth at every position
Does not turn the ball over
One of the best alignments of PGs in league

now your assessment of worst interior D does not take into account that this year Melo won't be playing D on PF's full time and Kmart will be on the squad for a full season and we should run less zone which should keep teams from killing us with offensive rebounds. Tyson at his best has shut down both Hibbert and Howard and I know he still can

But lets make a bet..if the Knicks lose in 1st round this year I will leave this site forever never to return and they get out of first you'll do the same!

Put up or shut up time...are you game?!

metrocard

Legend
sarcasm and facetiousness does not translate via the internet. most of your posts have not been complementary towards the Knicks, or Glenwaldo, there's a serious unwarranted pessimism reaking through every thread you've started and commented on. I say give the Knicks a chance. Beno, MWP, Bargs, Timmy Junior, Jeremy T... all good pickups that have improved a very good team, the major core of which has been kept intact. how about writing something positive, showing some true O&B colors while you're at it?

this is Beno's quote:
"What it takes is just to be a team and to definitely have good players," Udrih said. "There has to be chemistry and everything has to be right. That's how it was in San Antonio basically. Tim Duncan didn't care who scored the most points. He's a Hall of Famer, but he was more about the team. He just wanted us to win. Sometimes he scored 30, and the next day he scored 10, but he still was very, very productive in rebounding.

"Everybody has to work for each other, especially on the defensive end. I think we have enough scorers on our team now, but we definitely got to step up and basically defend first and then rebound the ball."

i think that's an intelligible statement coming from a championship perspective, that can directly be attributed to Carmelo.

and fu*ck Charles Barkley, he's said much worse about the Knicks to be labeled a moronic idiot.

Beno, MWP, Bargs are all C level players.

Tim and Jeremy are D-League producers and bench scrubs at this point of their careers.

I think sometimes we're too mindless as a fan base and just call any acquisition "good" without even thinking about it.

MWP was the best signing and that's only because our defense is soft.
I like the Beno signing, but the only problem lies with where does he play? Prigioni and Felton are basically getting 20+ minutes a game and I hate the two PG line up.

metrocard

Legend
You calling me anti fan because I'm not sucking **** like you is hilarious. Being a fan is not being optimistic about everything. I love my Knicks more than any sports team out there and I have critical thinking skills unlike your braindead unemployed ass. How much time in the day I got to check if I spelled a word right for you? You're the site's #1 clown...go juggle some balls and make some corny jokes you single ass dude lol.

Anyway, I can judge the 2013-14 Knicks because I know every player on the roster inside and out. I've watched them for 70+ games and a lot of these players I've followed their careers before they became Knicks.

You're an idiot because if you say I can't judge the Knicks, what gives you the right to do so? Just call yourself a little girl and say you don't want my opinion expressed to that degree. You don't provide anything strong enough to hold an influential point, for example.

You say the team has improved on a whole in every way. But you provide no information to support that.

The first thing you state after stating that moronic sentence is an excuse of injuries.

Shut up, injuries are apart of sports. Your soft minded and don't understand the physically of the game. Some players are injury prone, more so than others. It happens, and you need to begin to accept these things. If we're dealing with injury prone players and banged up players, we will suffer eventually when it comes time to win in the most crucial times (playoffs). If these players are available, we are responsible as a franchise and losing is well deserved because we invested in these injury prone players. If you can't understand that, then you need to stop following basketball and get more into something like golf, seems to fit your personality.

Once again, nothing factual stated in your post.
Carmelo's level to play team basketball. When has that ever be evidence? Name one player who has become a better basketball player under Carmelo Anthony? I like Carmelo's scoring, but in terms of team play he's not even Kawhi Leonard. Carmelo invest most of his energy into his scoring. He has ability to pass, but it's not an emphasis. Stop pretending like things are going to happen, when they never happened in the past and you have no proof that they will happen. You're just a fairy making things up in your head...which makes you look lamely retarded.

To further embarrass yourself more, you misspelled Andrea Bargnani's name...the same guy you mention as a "good" pick up for the Knicks and will be a contributor to the Knicks. Great way to kill any chance of an argument you had left, numbnuts. To add insult to failure, you live on Morris Park aka the Little Italy that isn't crowded by Fordham students. You probably spend so much time indoors that you forgot what the Bronx air smells like.

You're saying Knicks improved tremendously at the PG position, but didn't even take the time to see how Beno played in Orlando. You're not sure what you're talking about again which makes your entire post weak and crappy, a total waste of time to read and really just some fanship. If you're really a fan, you would put more work into knowing this team instead of being a mindless fan who expects everything to be alright. Your mannerisms are gay.

Another lame anti-fan quote, and you spelled "guarantee" wrong. the only thing guaranteed this year is you'll be a weak-ass speller for the rest of the year. How can you judge the 2013-14 Knicks at this point in time? the team has improved on a whole in every way you name above, and they now have one of the best benches in the league from 6-14... Perhaps after injuries to Felton and Chandler and Kenyon, the team faltered defensively, and Melo took it upon himself to pull the Knicks through... but the beginning of the year squad was great in all aspects, from shooting to defense, and there's no reason to believe they'll be any less than great with a full-on squad going into training camp, with MWP, Kenyon and a healthy Iman and Chandler. It's not just Carmelo's level of performance, but his willingness to play team basketball; Bargnana is going to take a lot of pressure off him having to be the only shooter. With Beano pickup, Knicks have improved tremendously at the position, and remember Kidd was excellent before he hit the playoff wall.

2 weakass quotes from anti-Knick pessimists. the only thing weaker than these quotes is the thread itself. SMFH!

CoolClyde

You calling me anti fan because I'm not sucking **** like you is hilarious. Being a fan is not being optimistic about everything. I love my Knicks more than any sports team out there and I have critical thinking skills unlike your braindead unemployed ass. How much time in the day I got to check if I spelled a word right for you? You're the site's #1 clown...go juggle some balls and make some corny jokes you single ass dude lol.

Anyway, I can judge the 2013-14 Knicks because I know every player on the roster inside and out. I've watched them for 70+ games and a lot of these players I've followed their careers before they became Knicks.

You're an idiot because if you say I can't judge the Knicks, what gives you the right to do so? Just call yourself a little girl and say you don't want my opinion expressed to that degree. You don't provide anything strong enough to hold an influential point, for example.

You say the team has improved on a whole in every way. But you provide no information to support that.

The first thing you state after stating that moronic sentence is an excuse of injuries.

Shut up, injuries are apart of sports. Your soft minded and don't understand the physically of the game. Some players are injury prone, more so than others. It happens, and you need to begin to accept these things. If we're dealing with injury prone players and banged up players, we will suffer eventually when it comes time to win in the most crucial times (playoffs). If these players are available, we are responsible as a franchise and losing is well deserved because we invested in these injury prone players. If you can't understand that, then you need to stop following basketball and get more into something like golf, seems to fit your personality.

Once again, nothing factual stated in your post.
Carmelo's level to play team basketball. When has that ever be evidence? Name one player who has become a better basketball player under Carmelo Anthony? I like Carmelo's scoring, but in terms of team play he's not even Kawhi Leonard. Carmelo invest most of his energy into his scoring. He has ability to pass, but it's not an emphasis. Stop pretending like things are going to happen, when they never happened in the past and you have no proof that they will happen. You're just a fairy making things up in your head...which makes you look lamely retarded.

To further embarrass yourself more, you misspelled Andrea Bargnani's name...the same guy you mention as a "good" pick up for the Knicks and will be a contributor to the Knicks. Great way to kill any chance of an argument you had left, numbnuts. To add insult to failure, you live on Morris Park aka the Little Italy that isn't crowded by Fordham students. You probably spend so much time indoors that you forgot what the Bronx air smells like.

You're saying Knicks improved tremendously at the PG position, but didn't even take the time to see how Beno played in Orlando. You're not sure what you're talking about again which makes your entire post weak and crappy, a total waste of time to read and really just some fanship. If you're really a fan, you would put more work into knowing this team instead of being a mindless fan who expects everything to be alright. Your mannerisms are gay.

you're a dick

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Dude Milsap received a 4yr $32mil deal from the Blazers prior to the new CBA...after the new CBA he signs with Atl for 2yrs $19.5mil. If you extraporlate this out, he would be making more money. The only difference as I've been saying is yrs but the money per yr is still the same and in many cases worse.

I'll factor in another difference...gms/teams are still paying players big money but what they are adjusting to is Free Agency.... which means the yrs on deals are also shorter because teams want to be in play for potential free agency grabs...

But to throw another example at you proving I'm more on point here...J.R. Smith received a 6yr $24mil deal from Denver well before the new CBA....he just signed this off-season with us for 4yrs $25.2mil<-----------trololmnop!

They were younger players. Not in their prime with those deals. Jr for would almost have gotten the max this past summer under old cba

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Broadway

All Star
Beno, MWP, Bargs are all C level players.

Tim and Jeremy are D-League producers and bench scrubs at this point of their careers.

I think sometimes we're too mindless as a fan base and just call any acquisition "good" without even thinking about it.

MWP was the best signing and that's only because our defense is soft.
I like the Beno signing, but the only problem lies with where does he play? Prigioni and Felton are basically getting 20+ minutes a game and I hate the two PG line up.

Correct if you go back to last year, you'll find fans justifying and big upping signing Kidd to a multi-yr deal, trading for Camby, signing Novak, signing James Flight White for peanuts as all WIN-WIN moves. Lather, Wash, Rinse,.....repeat previous off-seasons.

I think Tim Jr. could pay off for us, if he can manage to see the floor and Beno's signing as positives....outside of this I don't really see any.

This thread wasn't really meant to be negative per say. I think Beno is correct and it's nice to see someone who will more than likely only be here a year saying what should be said and talking as if he could show leadership on this team this year.

Unlike Kidd who was serving up cupcakes last year referring to Melo as Dirk and not telling the public last year...."I FEEL MY TIME IS NOW OR THE FOLLOWING SEASON" as if it's some kind of take turn league to win it all. Only to follow up, approaching the following season this summer saying...."MY WINDOW IS SHORT TO WIN A CHIP"

Big up to Beno for setting a tone early. Really it should be him and Tyson(if he wasn't such a phony thug) leading this team, because they have the pedigree to do so.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
We needed a veteran presence, and those signings filled a void.
Our void is interior defense and ball movement.

Best acquisitions were MWP and Beno...but still our void isn't filled.

Tim will only play if Shumpert or Smith gets injured. The SG position is filled with minutes by Shumpert/Smith/Felton/Prigioni and now that Beno is here, he will definitely score minutes over Tim due to NBA experience, overall skill and talent.

I wish Knicks would make a trade.

Amare has no place on this team, we need a shot blocker...I wish his contract wasn't so bad so we can package him and Felton to a team that is need of offense in exchange of defense.

Correct if you go back to last year, you'll find fans justifying and big upping signing Kidd to a multi-yr deal, trading for Camby, signing Novak, signing James Flight White for peanuts as all WIN-WIN moves. Lather, Wash, Rinse,.....repeat previous off-seasons.

I think Tim Jr. could pay off for us, if he can manage to see the floor and Beno's signing as positives....outside of this I don't really see any.

This thread wasn't really meant to be negative per say. I think Beno is correct and it's nice to see someone who will more than likely only be here a year saying what should be said and talking as if he could show leadership on this team this year.

Unlike Kidd who was serving up cupcakes last year referring to Melo as Dirk and not telling the public last year...."I FEEL MY TIME IS NOW OR THE FOLLOWING SEASON" as if it's some kind of take turn league to win it all. Only to follow up, approaching the following season this summer saying...."MY WINDOW IS SHORT TO WIN A CHIP"

Big up to Beno for setting a tone early. Really it should be him and Tyson(if he wasn't such a phony thug) leading this team, because they have the pedigree to do so.

Broadway

All Star
We needed a veteran presence, and those signings filled a void.
Our void is interior defense and ball movement.

Best acquisitions were MWP and Beno...but still our void isn't filled.

Tim will only play if Shumpert or Smith gets injured. The SG position is filled with minutes by Shumpert/Smith/Felton/Prigioni and now that Beno is here, he will definitely score minutes over Tim due to NBA experience, overall skill and talent.

I wish Knicks would make a trade.

Amare has no place on this team, we need a shot blocker...I wish his contract wasn't so bad so we can package him and Felton to a team that is need of offense in exchange of defense.

Yeah it would help if we had like a younger Chauncey Billups that would mitigate Melo's role on this team. Not sure if going forward we needed veteran presence because at the end of the day we're not winning a chip with Melo here and our style of play. What we did need were some young legs to fill those same positions of need. If teams like the Spurs/OKC/Bulls/Pacers have multiple young players playing prominent roles then so should we.

No one is touching Amar'e but we should have traded Felton/Filler in a 3 way deal with a team like the Wolves/Bucks for a Ridnour/Richard Pryor swap and maybe somehow get a pick or pick(s) to position ourselves better for 2015 draft. I think we'll be shaky this year and most certainly next year because of our lack of flexibility and no assets.

Hopefully we can dump Felton this February.

tiger0330

Legend
I don't know about losing in the first round but getting to the EC finals is going to be tough. Pacers and Nets look great on paper.

I am hoping that Stat can come back playing full time at a high level somewhere around Jan and get off his minutes restriction. It will benefit Bargs to get some of Stats minutes while he's restricted and hopefully it's more than talk that he has a turnaround year with the change in scenery in NY.

Nothing is certain in the NBA. I mean most fans and analysts were giving the Lakers the championship before they played one game and look how that turned out. Maybe we can win it all with this roster but three of the six of Chandler, Melo, JR, Shump, Stat and Felton are going to have career years to take us there.

George Hill
Lance Stephenson
Paul George
David West
Roy Hibbert

Bench

Danny Granger
Luis Scola
Chris Copeland
CJ Watson
Solomon Hill

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Brook Lopez

Bench

Shaun Livingston
Jason Terry
Andrei Kirilenko
Reggie Evans
Andre Blatche

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The weird thing is I have NO feelings about this group of players. I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't get me excited, and it doesn't make me less excited. We added good players to our team, but we also don't have some of those great veterans anymore. It's weird. Forget about Amar'e and Tyson's injuries, what about Melo and J.R.'s??????!!!!! Those are the younger guys. Shumpert is gonna be nasty on both ends this up-coming season, could be just what the Knicks need to get over the biggest obstacles.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The weird thing is I have NO feelings about this group of players. I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't get me excited, and it doesn't make me less excited. We added good players to our team, but we also don't have some of those great veterans anymore. It's weird. Forget about Amar'e and Tyson's injuries, what about Melo and J.R.'s??????!!!!! Those are the younger guys. Shumpert is gonna be nasty on both ends this up-coming season, could be just what the Knicks need to get over the biggest obstacles.

Rj I feel like thats the proper stance. I mean us optimists have reason to be optimistic and the same can be said for the pessimists. Too many factors to really know, the bargs experiment can turn us to a legit contender best case as well as shump heading in all star territory. But what if melo goes down, jr not like he was last year. Shump not developing. Too many factors but I think that the bargs project is gonna be a big success, probably more then anyone on this forum and shump will develop more.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Take a look at the roster with a logical approach to it.

Metro after reading a few other responses to other posters on here I see that we just disagree on what our player's defensive grades are.

As you see our front court:
Metta = B
Chandler = C
Stat = F
Barg = D

How I see it:
Metta = B
Martin = B
Chandler = B (I agree he isn't the defender he use to be but I dont believe he has dropped off THAT much...He just needs to be healthy)
Stat = C- (Opposite of Barg.... Horrible 1 on 1 but better helper)
Bard = D (I gotta take your word on that since I haven't watched him extensively)

Same players, different grades so I have a different vision of what we are capable of. Don't think we'll find middle ground here just agree to disagree.

If anything I do agree that our front court is the weakest part of the team but not the weakest of the entire league... Leave the final roster spot and pick up another defensive body as the season goes along and we should be set. Not much minutes to go around anyway at that point.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Not sure if you missed some guys the past 3 seasons, but Amare is definitely an F. He can't guard the pick and roll, which is a big reason why Miami will always be our superior, they have Chris Bosh who's excellent at coming to the 3point line and defending the pick and roll effectively.

Amare one on one is flat footed and slow going backwards. He's a top 5 worst big man in the league, legit bottom 5. Even a 3pt specialist Ryan Anderson provides more effectiveness at the PF position defensively than Stat.

Chandler is a C because

Tyson was ranked 16th amongst centers in defense(points allowed in the paint, team ppg allowed, overall defense) in the 2012-13 season.
Tyson got gradually worse when the playoffs started. He got obliterated by Roy Hibbert and exposed as a weak fragile and soft center who has his limitations. Chandler's best asset right now is his height.

I don't know why fans excuse Chandler of this season and still think he's DPOY leveled. I disagree with that. Age isn't in his favor, he's been in the NBA since he was 17 and he's 32 now. That's a lot of mileage and it'll be hard for Chandler to avoid the decline of his prime, which is where he is now.

Anyone who thinks Chandler is a good defender now is delusional. He was average in the regular season and terrible in the playoffs. He did nothing in 2012-13 to earn a B grade except your personal feelings on him.

Metro after reading a few other responses to other posters on here I see that we just disagree on what our player's defensive grades are.

As you see our front court:
Metta = B
Chandler = C
Stat = F
Barg = D

How I see it:
Metta = B
Martin = B
Chandler = B (I agree he isn't the defender he use to be but I dont believe he has dropped off THAT much...He just needs to be healthy)
Stat = C- (Opposite of Barg.... Horrible 1 on 1 but better helper)
Bard = D (I gotta take your word on that since I haven't watched him extensively)

Same players, different grades so I have a different vision of what we are capable of. Don't think we'll find middle ground here just agree to disagree.

If anything I do agree that our front court is the weakest part of the team but not the weakest of the entire league... Leave the final roster spot and pick up another defensive body as the season goes along and we should be set. Not much minutes to go around anyway at that point.

Kiyaman

Legend
Stop being a cheerleader.

World Peace isn't the defender he was. He's B level.
Chandler isn't the defender he was. He's C level
Martin plays defense, but is only 6"8/6"9 and can't patrol the paint to the level we need him to, plus he'll only be playing 20 minutes a game at most so his impact will be partial.

Amare is an F level defender
Bargnani is an D level defender (man to man post defense is actually okay, but his help defense is weak)

Knicks have the worst interior defense in the East. You naming what Ron Artest and Chandler did a couple of years ago is totally pointless.

How do we know that Anthony won't be playing the 4 this year? Until we get a confirmation from Woodson, I don't want to hear that crap. Woodson loves Melo at the 4 and doesn't adjust the roster to Melo as a SF. Please go ahead and do yourself a favor and present information that shows Mike Woodson favors big ball.

Your punk ass ain't leaving no where...lol I can call bluff on bets in a heartbeat, don't try to fool me.

Metro .... Chill, ur first post was valid to stir up members to respond twice to this thread.
Their response was to push Metro's emotional button for their anger at Beno's comment. It worked.

Beno's comment was indirectly aimed at Woodson, Melo, and JR (only) .. it was a simular comment that Marcus Camby made on the Denver Nuggets after being swept 0-4 in the first-round in the 2007-8 postseason games by Lakers. The aftermath of Camby's comment in 2007-8 got Camby traded to the low-low LA Clippers 2 months later, for nothing in return.
Camby avg 15 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks in that series.

this is Beno's quote:
"What it takes is just to be a team and to definitely have good players," Udrih said. "There has to be chemistry and everything has to be right. That's how it was in San Antonio basically. Tim Duncan didn't care who scored the most points. He's a Hall of Famer, but he was more about the team. He just wanted us to win. Sometimes he scored 30, and the next day he scored 10, but he still was very, very productive in rebounding.

"Everybody has to work for each other, especially on the defensive end. I think we have enough scorers on our team now, but we definitely got to step up and basically defend first and then rebound the ball."

The highlight last statement is what the Knicks lack the moment Melo join the Knicks team.
The 2010-11 (Amare) Knicks started the season winning off of team-defense & team rebounding, they lacked scoring-power from the SG position. It was like Amare came to the Knicks bringing HC Gentry system. We receive an above average in team-D and team-Reb from Mosgov/Turiaf/Amare/W.Chandler/Gallo/Fields/Walker/Douglas/Felton to have a 29-26 record team before the Melo trade.

Beno Udrih is 31 yrs old with 9 yrs in the NBA, having 7 yrs in the Western Conference playing against oponents Melo & JR on the Denver Nuggets. Beno have 3 yrs exp of being the backup PG of the NBA number #1 best strategic HC Pop in the bussiness, Beno received two Championship Rings knocking off the Melo Denver Nuggets twice in the first round 4-1, in 2005 & 2007. The Melo Denver Nuggets had no team-chemistry, no team-defense, and no team-rebounding in both of their series vs the San Antonio Spurs.

The most important thing about Beno's comment on winning a Title .. is how will HC Woodson react at giving Beno playingtime this upcoming season for mentioning three major things the Knicks were poor at last season?
How will Melo react to Beno's statement of MVP Duncan's 30 point game, then 10 point game to keep the team Gellin to get a winning chemistry? and last but not least how will JR.smith react to Beno's comment on team-defense?

Metro .... When the HC focus all his attention on Team-Defense, and strong cumminication on the defensive-end here are the top-winning Knicks-players .. Tyson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, Amare, Tyler, Meta, Shump, Pablo, and Beno.
When the HC only focus on a halfcourt-setting of ISO-ISO offense, then everything in ur first post is true...
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Metro .... Chill, ur first post was valid to stir up members to respond twice to this thread.
Their response was to push Metro's emotional button for their anger at Beno's comment. It worked.

Beno's comment was indirectly aimed at Woodson, Melo, and JR (only) .. it was a simular comment that Marcus Camby made on the Denver Nuggets after being swept 0-4 in the first-round in the 2007-8 postseason games by Lakers. The aftermath of Camby's comment in 2007-8 got Camby traded to the low-low LA Clippers 2 months later, for nothing in return.
Camby avg 15 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks in that series.

The highlight last statement is what the Knicks lack the moment Melo join the Knicks team.
The 2010-11 (Amare) Knicks started the season winning off of team-defense & team rebounding, they lacked scoring-power from the SG position. It was like Amare came to the Knicks bringing HC Gentry system. We receive an above average in team-D and team-Reb from Mosgov/Turiaf/Amare/W.Chandler/Gallo/Fields/Walker/Douglas/Felton to have a 29-26 record team before the Melo trade.

Beno Udrih is 31 yrs old with 9 yrs in the NBA, having 7 yrs in the Western Conference playing against oponents Melo & JR on the Denver Nuggets. Beno have 3 yrs exp of being the backup PG of the NBA number #1 best strategic HC Pop in the bussiness, Beno received two Championship Rings knocking off the Melo Denver Nuggets twice in the first round 4-1, in 2005 & 2007. The Melo Denver Nuggets had no team-chemistry, no team-defense, and no team-rebounding in both of their series vs the San Antonio Spurs.

The most important thing about Beno's comment on winning a Title .. is how will HC Woodson react at giving Beno playingtime this upcoming season for mentioning three major things the Knicks were poor at last season?
How will Melo react to Beno's statement of MVP Duncan's 30 point game, then 10 point game to keep the team Gellin to get a winning chemistry? and last but not least how will JR.smith react to Beno's comment on team-defense?

Metro .... When the HC focus all his attention on Team-Defense, and strong cumminication on the defensive-end here are the top-winning Knicks-players .. Tyson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, Amare, Tyler, Meta, Shump, Pablo, and Beno.
When the HC only focus on a halfcourt-setting of ISO-ISO offense, then everything in ur first post is true...

I see yall starting to cling to each other. That what happens when most people on the forum posts are starting to oppose yall. You need allies to help with the same argument when its a losing one. I can dig it.

bigapple

Starter

Karl's Nuggets was alot better than GSW

ESPN predicted Nuggets in 5 max in 6 and again lost in 1st round to GSW which could also go to Oakland with 2-0 to Spurs.

Knicks ISO problem is just proper IQ shooting not dribbling and making fastbreaks

i am tired to listen Knicks are to old for fastbreaks

nixon7

Benchwarmer
> what if Beno will surpass all PG in Knicks roster ? he is not worse than felton

Then he will play.

All this focus on who starts is misplaced anyway. Woodson has already shown that he is willing to have a starter play 5 minutes and a bench player 30 minutes. He has already shown a willingness to play anyone and to sit anyone, including Melo. Our depth is a strength when you have a coach like that.

Wargames

Starter
i like this move right here for one main reason, Beno will be able to play heavy minutes which means that unlike last year where they had to manage 2 older pg's minutes (and eventually run one down after Felton got injured). If Felton suffers any injuries again Beno can take the minute load and the knicks shouldn't have to run Prigioni down during the regular season.