Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Beno Udrih To Sign One-Year Deal With Knicks

This is a great signing. I don't see Beno beating out Felton but the battle between him and Pablo should be interesting for that first PG off the bench.

The knicks play small alot, so Beno will get plenty of minutes

I'm just thinking of all the possessions where Pablo would have a wide-open layup staring him in the face but rather pass it out for a tougher shot. Beno is more of a balanced threat and yeah we go small a lot during the regular season but come this postseason we won't be playing as small as we did last year, barring we stay healthy.

All I'm saying is if Beno really plays well then we may see a lot less of Pablo rather then more double PGs running around.

Last edited by MSGhobo247; Aug 08, 2013 at 13:57.

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I'm just thinking of all the possessions where Pablo would have a wide-open layup staring him in the face but rather pass it out for a tougher shot. Beno is more of a balanced threat and yeah we go small a lot during the regular season but come this postseason we won't be playing as small as we did last year, barring we stay healthy.

All I'm saying is if Beno really plays well then we may see a lot less of Pablo rather then more double PGs running around.

its very simple, we lost Jason kidd, we needed to replace him to go small like woody likes to do against faster teams, now we have priggy smalls with a year experience and already very savvy and smart filling kidds shoes, and beno stepping into priggy smalls shoes from last year backing up both felton and kidd, and we all saw how things fell apart when kidd had to start and felton went down around mid season, we had that awful spurt of like 9-11 as our record, this insures us that if either prigs or felt goes down we have a serviceable pg to throw into the mix. I love this signing, we haven't lost anything from last year, and literally gained a solid rookie 2 guard, a full season of shump, and a crapshoot high reward low risk in andrea bargs based on the fact we gave up nothing to get him. overall we have improved significantly with regards to younger, deeper, faster, experienced, and hungry all in one summer. and if andrea bargs does what he is supposed to do he is our ex factor against the pacers this year , because him at center with hibbert at center, he essentially takes hibbert out of the game because there is no way hes guarding him on the perimeter, leaving the paint widdddde open for swish, shump, felton, melo, amare, beno, etc etc etc to penetrate and post up all day long baby. I love what the knicks have done, they refined an already 54-28 team with everything we were missing, and as far as shot blocking goes, we didn't lose in the playoffs because we couldn't block a shot, we lost in the playoffs because we couldn't make one. lol and when we couldn't make a shot, they clogged the lane on melo and took away our strengths, not this year.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Beno Udrih To Sign One-Year Deal With Knicks

Beno Udrih will sign a one-year deal with the New York Knicks, according to a source.
    The contract will be worth the veteran's minimum.
    The Knicks had made Udrih their top point-guard target to sign.
    Udrih played for the Orlando Magic and Milwaukee Bucks last season.

Via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Pablo had an outstanding season for the Knicks last year but Beno is better. He may be better than Felton.

I hope Woody has an open mind about the 3 and just plays his best team even if it means benching Felton for Beno or Prigs for Beno.

Beno will not overdribbling this is key factor and can shoot IYF as only Knicks player in roster. He started in Spurs so very good beginning.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Pablo had an outstanding season for the Knicks last year but Beno is better. He may be better than Felton.

I hope Woody has an open mind about the 3 and just plays his best team even if it means benching Felton for Beno or Prigs for Beno.
    Agree 100%

We really got a good player in Beno and I think people are disrespecting him in automatically slotting him as Pablo's back up. This dude can really ball and thats why I say he can sneak into some heavy minutes if Pablo doesn't start being more aggressive and if Felton ever goes into a lull. He's a pass first PG like Pablo but fall off him and he'll hit the shot... plus he loves the pick and roll which a lot of our players strive from.

My one knock against Felton is that he would sometimes wait too long before getting involved or even if he had it going still defer to JR or Melo too much instead of take charge himself. This move should if anything push Felton to bring it more this year.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Holy s*** I just saw this signing. Beno was and is the best option, great sign. This might be the smartest sign this season. I was nervous with all the rumors of signing other guards who should have not even be considered as a backup pg. The off season will be interesting in the PG position, Felton or Udrih. In my opinion Felton will win the job, but like I said before I believe the roster will be tested with mixing it up.

I believe Udrih should start just to level up the game from beginning to end. What I mean by that is Melo will be Melo hogging the ball, so does it matter who starts at pg. So with Udrih starting, he will feel comfortable, he is a better shooter, and will have open looks with Melo on the floor. Felton had great chemistry with Amare before Melo and before his injury. So with Amare most likely coming off the bench why not also have Felton come out with him.

12th man

Merge the threads you lazy mods.

Forget the score but replace his bum teammates with our team and you see can see the potential.

YES! Finally he's on the Knicks. Been wanting him to be a long time.

12th man

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247

Forget the score but replace his bum teammates with our team and you see can see the potential.
    he's a left handed Carlos Arroyo.

I like what i see. Nice to know he's with us. Love his game from these highlights

Originally Posted by metrocard
    he's a left handed Carlos Arroyo.
    Only he shoots better