Beno Udrih To Sign One-Year Deal With Knicks

New New York

Quiet Storm
I gurantee you guys that Knicks will get bumped out of the first round in the 2013-14 playoffs.

Worst interior defense in the league, average rebounding, not the best shooting and average point guard play.

This team is measured by Carmelo Anthony's level of performance and our bench trying to be consistent. Weak as hell.

Ok....now list the attributes

3 All NBA caliber Defenders along w league's leading scorer in starting 5
Depth at every position
Does not turn the ball over
One of the best alignments of PGs in league

now your assessment of worst interior D does not take into account that this year Melo won't be playing D on PF's full time and Kmart will be on the squad for a full season and we should run less zone which should keep teams from killing us with offensive rebounds. Tyson at his best has shut down both Hibbert and Howard and I know he still can

But lets make a bet..if the Knicks lose in 1st round this year I will leave this site forever never to return and they get out of first you'll do the same!

Put up or shut up time...are you game?!

Broadway

All Star
I gurantee you guys that Knicks will get bumped out of the first round in the 2013-14 playoffs.

Worst interior defense in the league, average rebounding, not the best shooting and average point guard play.

This team is measured by Carmelo Anthony's level of performance and our bench trying to be consistent. Weak as hell.

Reverse Jedi Mind trick....lol

Sad thing is even trying to do this without font coloring differentiating in your post this is all...True

knicksince 93

Rotation player
How can you say that without even watching a game or before the team has been together for a single practice?!

If this is truly what you believe then why watch a single game this year?

This post seriously made me sick and I respect you so much as a part of this website and Knicksnation.

I guess you look at Stat and Barg and figure those guys are what they are and cant add a single thing to what they do. They're just going to get worse... Not like coaching can alter anything or players can come in with something to prove. None of that means anything. Barg will only be the guy who was a bust #1 pick and Stat has 1 foot in the NBA grave. Worst interior defense in the ENTIRE league?! REALLY?

Do we have interior D like Indy or MIA, no but come on!

Its like that guy on a boat filled with people but pissed he didn't build it himself so he'd rather the entire thing sink so he can just say "I told you so" on the way down.

People are anti fans that is all

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Ok....now list the attributes

3 All NBA caliber Defenders along w league's leading scorer in starting 5
Depth at every position
Does not turn the ball over
One of the best alignments of PGs in league

now your assessment of worst interior D does not take into account that this year Melo won't be playing D on PF's full time and Kmart will be on the squad for a full season and we should run less zone which should keep teams from killing us with offensive rebounds. Tyson at his best has shut down both Hibbert and Howard and I know he still can

But lets make a bet..if the Knicks lose in 1st round this year I will leave this site forever never to return and they get out of first you'll do the same!

Put up or shut up time...are you game?!

I'll take that bet easily! Haha

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Yes they are...you can't argue the numbers...the only difference is length on contracts. What's clouding you're simple arithmetic are the yrs...

MLE deals old cba=6yrs/$36mil=$6mil/yr

MLE deals old cba modified=5yrs/$25-29mil=$5-6mil/yr

MLE deals new cba modified
Non Tax Teams Pay....Average League Salary....$5-5.5mil yrs max 4yrs
Tax Paying Teams Pay....Designated Salary $3.183mil max 4yrs

Now go break down what each player(that was clearly not Max Level) is making per yr and see if it's more than $5-6mil/yr

If anything maybe the CBA possibly eliminates the Hedo/Curry/Thomas/Crawford/Bargnani type deals but then again did it? Don't Ersan/Wallace/Jordan/Gordon/Asik make similar money?

You're talking about exceptions, key word EXCEPTION. like exceptional to the rule and salary cap ramifications. Those deals are deals not exceptions and the deals are much smaller then before new cba, so much smaller. Thats y it's called an exception. That exception that jared Jeffries got that year would be a vet minimum in this cba.

CoolClyde

Beno: "Knicks Championship Hopes Lie In Defense/Rebounding"

I recall this being said by a well known NBA analyst except when he said it, he was hating. I guess with Beno now being a Knick with Championship pedigree....he might be a similar idiot. Not sure yet

why is Beano an idiot for stating the obvious? the Knicks' defense and rebounding is the most important element needed, and I agree wholeheartedly. calling the guy an idiot is idiotic!

Another lame anti-fan quote, and you spelled "guarantee" wrong. the only thing guaranteed this year is you'll be a weak-ass speller for the rest of the year. How can you judge the 2013-14 Knicks at this point in time? the team has improved on a whole in every way you name above, and they now have one of the best benches in the league from 6-14... Perhaps after injuries to Felton and Chandler and Kenyon, the team faltered defensively, and Melo took it upon himself to pull the Knicks through... but the beginning of the year squad was great in all aspects, from shooting to defense, and there's no reason to believe they'll be any less than great with a full-on squad going into training camp, with MWP, Kenyon and a healthy Iman and Chandler. It's not just Carmelo's level of performance, but his willingness to play team basketball; Bargnana is going to take a lot of pressure off him having to be the only shooter. With Beano pickup, Knicks have improved tremendously at the position, and remember Kidd was excellent before he hit the playoff wall.

2 weakass quotes from anti-Knick pessimists. the only thing weaker than these quotes is the thread itself. SMFH!

knicksince 93

Rotation player
why is Beano an idiot for stating the obvious? the Knicks' defense and rebounding is the most important element needed, and I agree wholeheartedly. calling the guy an idiot is idiotic!

Another lame anti-fan quote, and you spelled "guarantee" wrong. the only thing guaranteed this year is you'll be a weak-ass speller for the rest of the year. How can you judge the 2013-14 Knicks at this point in time? the team has improved on a whole in every way you name above, and they now have one of the best benches in the league from 6-14... Perhaps after injuries to Felton and Chandler and Kenyon, the team faltered defensively, and Melo took it upon himself to pull the Knicks through... but the beginning of the year squad was great in all aspects, from shooting to defense, and there's no reason to believe they'll be any less than great with a full-on squad going into training camp, with MWP, Kenyon and a healthy Iman and Chandler. It's not just Carmelo's level of performance, but his willingness to play team basketball; Bargnana is going to take a lot of pressure off him having to be the only shooter. With Beano pickup, Knicks have improved tremendously at the position, and remember Kidd was excellent before he hit the playoff wall.

2 weakass quotes from anti-Knick pessimists. the only thing weaker than these quotes is the thread itself. SMFH!

We really lost players and picked up similar players who are waaaaay better then what we lost. Its impossible for us to not be better... like u said coolclyde alot of anti fans and this melo era is exposing them

Broadway

All Star

Actually I should have used different color font for all to pick up on the possible double standard....

Charles Barkley said the same thing about us and has for the past couple season, yet Knick fans says he's a moron for saying it....

Beno as you stated...stated the obvious....so is Beno a moron too?

I was being facetious. Yes Beno is correct and on point nothing we didn't already know at least those of us who don't automatically go defensive mode and are ultra sensitive to accurate assessments.

Broadway

All Star
We really lost players and picked up similar players who are waaaaay better then what we lost. Its impossible for us to not be better... like u said coolclyde alot of anti fans and this melo era is exposing them

So if we're better do we best 54gms? If not, does that mean other teams got much better?

petescud

Starter
I'm not going to put our team down. We may look like early beast like we did last year. Melo does need to learn when to give up the rock more though. We also need to run plays for other guys and stop being so predictable. Defensively and rebounding wise, i need to see up play some games before i say anything about that

knicksince 93

Rotation player
So if we're better do we best 54gms? If not, does that mean other teams got much better?

I see no reason on why we can't at the very least replicate that win total. But I'm telling yall, out of all the moves that have happened we got the one with the most impact. I'm telling yall bargs is gonna work out. Shumpert is gonna be better. Mwp means melo guards the weaker forward and felton will guard the weaker guard. Do yall know how that will impact our defense as a team? On paper there is more reason to believe we will be better then last year but everyone is counting us out. But why, cuz the pacers got cope?haha granger is as good as stat at this point and if we'd had mwp and bargs we don't lose to them. Chicago, why? They still have no 2 and please spare me the jimmy butler crap and d rose may not ever be himself. There's more reason to believe that we will be better more then d rose being 100 percent but yall give him yall optimism and your own team pessimism. Nj? Aging roster won't stay healthy, only one ball and won't gel but all that is nixed for optimism for them and pessimism for us. Well we're again more likely to gel and make progress more so then them. But then again these/you same people had us under the nets, celtics and sixers...yeah sixers last year and had the Lakers in the finals because it couldn't fail right....smh. I just can't wait till we start trashing people when the season start and then all yall anti fans and bandwagon fans will come back. Well I'm not leaving. Those are my boys and ima ride till the wheels fall off and that ain't this year.

Broadway

All Star
You're talking about exceptions, key word EXCEPTION. like exceptional to the rule and salary cap ramifications. Those deals are deals not exceptions and the deals are much smaller then before new cba, so much smaller. Thats y it's called an exception. That exception that jared Jeffries got that year would be a vet minimum in this cba.

To a certain degree you have a point. I conceded early that there is a difference on yrs(length), percentages, Tax implications....

At the same time there are several players who not only are receiving similar type deals as the numbers prove they are....there are also players who are receiving larger short term deals...

like Carl Landy making $9mil in 1 season 2 yrs ago,

like Paul Milsap making $9mil per for the next 2 seasons,

like Nick Young who made $6mil for 1 yr last year,

like Kris Humpries who will complete a 2yr $24mil deal this season,

like Earl Clark making $4.5mil per for the next 2yrs,

like Brandan Wright making $5mil per for the next 2yrs.....

Numbers are numbers bro and they don't lie.

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
To a certain degree you have a point. I conceded early that there is a difference on yrs(length), percentages, Tax implications....

At the same time there are several players who not only are receiving similar type deals as the numbers prove they are....there are also players who are receiving larger short term deals...

Like Carl Landy making $9mil in 1 season,

like Paul milsap making $9mil per for 2 seasons,

like Nick Young who made $6mil for 1 yr last year,

like Kris Humpries who will complete a 2yr $24mil deal,

like Earl Clark making $4.5mil per for the next 2yrs,

like Brandan Wright making $5mil for the next 2yrs.....

Numbers are numbers bro and they don't lie.

So are these deals the same? No, no way. Paul milsap would have at least a 30 million dollar. Doesn't matter if its years. His contract is significantly different then what it would have been before. Waaaay different. 20 million dollars different

Broadway

All Star
I see no reason on why we can't at the very least replicate that win total. But I'm telling yall, out of all the moves that have happened we got the one with the most impact. I'm telling yall bargs is gonna work out. Shumpert is gonna be better. Mwp means melo guards the weaker forward and felton will guard the weaker guard. Do yall know how that will impact our defense as a team? On paper there is more reason to believe we will be better then last year but everyone is counting us out. But why, cuz the pacers got cope?haha granger is as good as stat at this point and if we'd had mwp and bargs we don't lose to them. Chicago, why? They still have no 2 and please spare me the jimmy butler crap and d rose may not ever be himself. There's more reason to believe that we will be better more then d rose being 100 percent but yall give him yall optimism and your own team pessimism. Nj? Aging roster won't stay healthy, only one ball and won't gel but all that is nixed for optimism for them and pessimism for us. Well we're again more likely to gel and make progress more so then them. But then again these/you same people had us under the nets, celtics and sixers...yeah sixers last year and had the Lakers in the finals because it couldn't fail right....smh. I just can't wait till we start trashing people when the season start and then all yall anti fans and bandwagon fans will come back. Well I'm not leaving. Those are my boys and ima ride till the wheels fall off and that ain't this year.

Sorry Nets made the moves with most impact and it's not even close. We won't win 54gms. The East got better almost Top to Bottom. No guaranteed wins really from no teams

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Sorry Nets made the moves with most impact and it's not even close. We won't win 54gms. The East got better almost Top to Bottom. No guaranteed wins really from no teams

Well go be a nets fan then. You'll be back on the bandwagon come January.

Broadway

All Star
So are these deals the same? No, no way. Paul milsap would have at least a 30 million dollar. Doesn't matter if its years. His contract is significantly different then what it would have been before. Waaaay different. 20 million dollars different

Dude Milsap received a 4yr $32mil deal from the Blazers prior to the new CBA...after the new CBA he signs with Atl for 2yrs $19.5mil. If you extraporlate this out, he would be making more money. The only difference as I've been saying is yrs but the money per yr is still the same and in many cases worse.

I'll factor in another difference...gms/teams are still paying players big money but what they are adjusting to is Free Agency.... which means the yrs on deals are also shorter because teams want to be in play for potential free agency grabs...

But to throw another example at you proving I'm more on point here...J.R. Smith received a 6yr $24mil deal from Denver well before the new CBA....he just signed this off-season with us for 4yrs $25.2mil<-----------trololmnop!

NY17KNICKS

&#9733;Melo Mafia&#9733;
I really respect you as one of the better posters on here Metro, but damn I gotta disagree 100% at this time.

CoolClyde

Actually I should have used different color font for all to pick up on the possible double standard....

Charles Barkley said the same thing about us and has for the past couple season, yet Knick fans says he's a moron for saying it....

Beno as you stated...stated the obvious....so is Beno a moron too?

I was being facetious. Yes Beno is correct and on point nothing we didn't already know at least those of us who don't automatically go defensive mode and are ultra sensitive to accurate assessments.

sarcasm and facetiousness does not translate via the internet. most of your posts have not been complementary towards the Knicks, or Glenwaldo, there's a serious unwarranted pessimism reaking through every thread you've started and commented on. I say give the Knicks a chance. Beno, MWP, Bargs, Timmy Junior, Jeremy T... all good pickups that have improved a very good team, the major core of which has been kept intact. how about writing something positive, showing some true O&B colors while you're at it?

this is Beno's quote:
"What it takes is just to be a team and to definitely have good players," Udrih said. "There has to be chemistry and everything has to be right. That's how it was in San Antonio basically. Tim Duncan didn't care who scored the most points. He's a Hall of Famer, but he was more about the team. He just wanted us to win. Sometimes he scored 30, and the next day he scored 10, but he still was very, very productive in rebounding.

"Everybody has to work for each other, especially on the defensive end. I think we have enough scorers on our team now, but we definitely got to step up and basically defend first and then rebound the ball."

i think that's an intelligible statement coming from a championship perspective, that can directly be attributed to Carmelo.

and fu*ck Charles Barkley, he's said much worse about the Knicks to be labeled a moronic idiot.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Take a look at the roster with a logical approach to it.

How can you say that without even watching a game or before the team has been together for a single practice?!

If this is truly what you believe then why watch a single game this year?

This post seriously made me sick and I respect you so much as a part of this website and Knicksnation.

I guess you look at Stat and Barg and figure those guys are what they are and cant add a single thing to what they do. They're just going to get worse... Not like coaching can alter anything or players can come in with something to prove. None of that means anything. Barg will only be the guy who was a bust #1 pick and Stat has 1 foot in the NBA grave. Worst interior defense in the ENTIRE league?! REALLY?

Do we have interior D like Indy or MIA, no but come on!

Its like that guy on a boat filled with people but pissed he didn't build it himself so he'd rather the entire thing sink so he can just say "I told you so" on the way down.