Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 149

Thread: Beno Udrih To Sign One-Year Deal With Knicks

  1. #61
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I gurantee you guys that Knicks will get bumped out of the first round in the 2013-14 playoffs.

    Worst interior defense in the league, average rebounding, not the best shooting and average point guard play.

    This team is measured by Carmelo Anthony's level of performance and our bench trying to be consistent. Weak as hell.

    Ok....now list the attributes

    3 All NBA caliber Defenders along w league's leading scorer in starting 5
    Depth at every position
    Does not turn the ball over
    One of the best alignments of PGs in league

    now your assessment of worst interior D does not take into account that this year Melo won't be playing D on PF's full time and Kmart will be on the squad for a full season and we should run less zone which should keep teams from killing us with offensive rebounds. Tyson at his best has shut down both Hibbert and Howard and I know he still can

    But lets make a bet..if the Knicks lose in 1st round this year I will leave this site forever never to return and they get out of first you'll do the same!


    Put up or shut up time...are you game?!

  2. #62
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I gurantee you guys that Knicks will get bumped out of the first round in the 2013-14 playoffs.

    Worst interior defense in the league, average rebounding, not the best shooting and average point guard play.

    This team is measured by Carmelo Anthony's level of performance and our bench trying to be consistent. Weak as hell.
    Reverse Jedi Mind trick....lol


    Sad thing is even trying to do this without font coloring differentiating in your post this is all...True

  3. #63
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    How can you say that without even watching a game or before the team has been together for a single practice?!

    If this is truly what you believe then why watch a single game this year?

    This post seriously made me sick and I respect you so much as a part of this website and Knicksnation.

    I guess you look at Stat and Barg and figure those guys are what they are and cant add a single thing to what they do. They're just going to get worse... Not like coaching can alter anything or players can come in with something to prove. None of that means anything. Barg will only be the guy who was a bust #1 pick and Stat has 1 foot in the NBA grave. Worst interior defense in the ENTIRE league?! REALLY?

    Do we have interior D like Indy or MIA, no but come on!

    Its like that guy on a boat filled with people but pissed he didn't build it himself so he'd rather the entire thing sink so he can just say "I told you so" on the way down.
    People are anti fans that is all

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #64
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Ok....now list the attributes

    3 All NBA caliber Defenders along w league's leading scorer in starting 5
    Depth at every position
    Does not turn the ball over
    One of the best alignments of PGs in league

    now your assessment of worst interior D does not take into account that this year Melo won't be playing D on PF's full time and Kmart will be on the squad for a full season and we should run less zone which should keep teams from killing us with offensive rebounds. Tyson at his best has shut down both Hibbert and Howard and I know he still can

    But lets make a bet..if the Knicks lose in 1st round this year I will leave this site forever never to return and they get out of first you'll do the same!


    Put up or shut up time...are you game?!
    I'll take that bet easily! Haha

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #65
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Yes they are...you can't argue the numbers...the only difference is length on contracts. What's clouding you're simple arithmetic are the yrs...

    MLE deals old cba=6yrs/$36mil=$6mil/yr

    MLE deals old cba modified=5yrs/$25-29mil=$5-6mil/yr


    MLE deals new cba modified
    Non Tax Teams Pay....Average League Salary....$5-5.5mil yrs max 4yrs
    Tax Paying Teams Pay....Designated Salary $3.183mil max 4yrs

    Now go break down what each player(that was clearly not Max Level) is making per yr and see if it's more than $5-6mil/yr

    If anything maybe the CBA possibly eliminates the Hedo/Curry/Thomas/Crawford/Bargnani type deals but then again did it? Don't Ersan/Wallace/Jordan/Gordon/Asik make similar money?
    You're talking about exceptions, key word EXCEPTION. like exceptional to the rule and salary cap ramifications. Those deals are deals not exceptions and the deals are much smaller then before new cba, so much smaller. Thats y it's called an exception. That exception that jared Jeffries got that year would be a vet minimum in this cba.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #66
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,469
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Beno: "Knicks Championship Hopes Lie In Defense/Rebounding"

    I recall this being said by a well known NBA analyst except when he said it, he was hating. I guess with Beno now being a Knick with Championship pedigree....he might be a similar idiot. Not sure yet
    why is Beano an idiot for stating the obvious? the Knicks' defense and rebounding is the most important element needed, and I agree wholeheartedly. calling the guy an idiot is idiotic!

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I gurantee you guys that Knicks will get bumped out of the first round in the 2013-14 playoffs.

    Worst interior defense in the league, average rebounding, not the best shooting and average point guard play.

    This team is measured by Carmelo Anthony's level of performance and our bench trying to be consistent. Weak as hell.
    Another lame anti-fan quote, and you spelled "guarantee" wrong. the only thing guaranteed this year is you'll be a weak-ass speller for the rest of the year. How can you judge the 2013-14 Knicks at this point in time? the team has improved on a whole in every way you name above, and they now have one of the best benches in the league from 6-14... Perhaps after injuries to Felton and Chandler and Kenyon, the team faltered defensively, and Melo took it upon himself to pull the Knicks through... but the beginning of the year squad was great in all aspects, from shooting to defense, and there's no reason to believe they'll be any less than great with a full-on squad going into training camp, with MWP, Kenyon and a healthy Iman and Chandler. It's not just Carmelo's level of performance, but his willingness to play team basketball; Bargnana is going to take a lot of pressure off him having to be the only shooter. With Beano pickup, Knicks have improved tremendously at the position, and remember Kidd was excellent before he hit the playoff wall.

    2 weakass quotes from anti-Knick pessimists. the only thing weaker than these quotes is the thread itself. SMFH!

  7. #67
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    why is Beano an idiot for stating the obvious? the Knicks' defense and rebounding is the most important element needed, and I agree wholeheartedly. calling the guy an idiot is idiotic!



    Another lame anti-fan quote, and you spelled "guarantee" wrong. the only thing guaranteed this year is you'll be a weak-ass speller for the rest of the year. How can you judge the 2013-14 Knicks at this point in time? the team has improved on a whole in every way you name above, and they now have one of the best benches in the league from 6-14... Perhaps after injuries to Felton and Chandler and Kenyon, the team faltered defensively, and Melo took it upon himself to pull the Knicks through... but the beginning of the year squad was great in all aspects, from shooting to defense, and there's no reason to believe they'll be any less than great with a full-on squad going into training camp, with MWP, Kenyon and a healthy Iman and Chandler. It's not just Carmelo's level of performance, but his willingness to play team basketball; Bargnana is going to take a lot of pressure off him having to be the only shooter. With Beano pickup, Knicks have improved tremendously at the position, and remember Kidd was excellent before he hit the playoff wall.

    2 weakass quotes from anti-Knick pessimists. the only thing weaker than these quotes is the thread itself. SMFH!
    We really lost players and picked up similar players who are waaaaay better then what we lost. Its impossible for us to not be better... like u said coolclyde alot of anti fans and this melo era is exposing them

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #68
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    why is Beano an idiot for stating the obvious? the Knicks' defense and rebounding is the most important element needed, and I agree wholeheartedly. calling the guy an idiot is idiotic!
    Actually I should have used different color font for all to pick up on the possible double standard....


    Charles Barkley said the same thing about us and has for the past couple season, yet Knick fans says he's a moron for saying it....

    Beno as you stated...stated the obvious....so is Beno a moron too?


    I was being facetious. Yes Beno is correct and on point nothing we didn't already know at least those of us who don't automatically go defensive mode and are ultra sensitive to accurate assessments.

  9. #69
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    We really lost players and picked up similar players who are waaaaay better then what we lost. Its impossible for us to not be better... like u said coolclyde alot of anti fans and this melo era is exposing them

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

    So if we're better do we best 54gms? If not, does that mean other teams got much better?

  10. #70
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm not going to put our team down. We may look like early beast like we did last year. Melo does need to learn when to give up the rock more though. We also need to run plays for other guys and stop being so predictable. Defensively and rebounding wise, i need to see up play some games before i say anything about that

  11. #71
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    So if we're better do we best 54gms? If not, does that mean other teams got much better?
    I see no reason on why we can't at the very least replicate that win total. But I'm telling yall, out of all the moves that have happened we got the one with the most impact. I'm telling yall bargs is gonna work out. Shumpert is gonna be better. Mwp means melo guards the weaker forward and felton will guard the weaker guard. Do yall know how that will impact our defense as a team? On paper there is more reason to believe we will be better then last year but everyone is counting us out. But why, cuz the pacers got cope?haha granger is as good as stat at this point and if we'd had mwp and bargs we don't lose to them. Chicago, why? They still have no 2 and please spare me the jimmy butler crap and d rose may not ever be himself. There's more reason to believe that we will be better more then d rose being 100 percent but yall give him yall optimism and your own team pessimism. Nj? Aging roster won't stay healthy, only one ball and won't gel but all that is nixed for optimism for them and pessimism for us. Well we're again more likely to gel and make progress more so then them. But then again these/you same people had us under the nets, celtics and sixers...yeah sixers last year and had the Lakers in the finals because it couldn't fail right....smh. I just can't wait till we start trashing people when the season start and then all yall anti fans and bandwagon fans will come back. Well I'm not leaving. Those are my boys and ima ride till the wheels fall off and that ain't this year.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #72
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    You're talking about exceptions, key word EXCEPTION. like exceptional to the rule and salary cap ramifications. Those deals are deals not exceptions and the deals are much smaller then before new cba, so much smaller. Thats y it's called an exception. That exception that jared Jeffries got that year would be a vet minimum in this cba.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

    To a certain degree you have a point. I conceded early that there is a difference on yrs(length), percentages, Tax implications....

    At the same time there are several players who not only are receiving similar type deals as the numbers prove they are....there are also players who are receiving larger short term deals...


    like Carl Landy making $9mil in 1 season 2 yrs ago,

    like Paul Milsap making $9mil per for the next 2 seasons,

    like Nick Young who made $6mil for 1 yr last year,

    like Kris Humpries who will complete a 2yr $24mil deal this season,

    like Earl Clark making $4.5mil per for the next 2yrs,

    like Brandan Wright making $5mil per for the next 2yrs.....


    Numbers are numbers bro and they don't lie.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Aug 10, 2013 at 22:39.

  13. #73
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    To a certain degree you have a point. I conceded early that there is a difference on yrs(length), percentages, Tax implications....

    At the same time there are several players who not only are receiving similar type deals as the numbers prove they are....there are also players who are receiving larger short term deals...

    Like Carl Landy making $9mil in 1 season,

    like Paul milsap making $9mil per for 2 seasons,

    like Nick Young who made $6mil for 1 yr last year,

    like Kris Humpries who will complete a 2yr $24mil deal,

    like Earl Clark making $4.5mil per for the next 2yrs,

    like Brandan Wright making $5mil for the next 2yrs.....


    Numbers are numbers bro and they don't lie.
    So are these deals the same? No, no way. Paul milsap would have at least a 30 million dollar. Doesn't matter if its years. His contract is significantly different then what it would have been before. Waaaay different. 20 million dollars different

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #74
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    I see no reason on why we can't at the very least replicate that win total. But I'm telling yall, out of all the moves that have happened we got the one with the most impact. I'm telling yall bargs is gonna work out. Shumpert is gonna be better. Mwp means melo guards the weaker forward and felton will guard the weaker guard. Do yall know how that will impact our defense as a team? On paper there is more reason to believe we will be better then last year but everyone is counting us out. But why, cuz the pacers got cope?haha granger is as good as stat at this point and if we'd had mwp and bargs we don't lose to them. Chicago, why? They still have no 2 and please spare me the jimmy butler crap and d rose may not ever be himself. There's more reason to believe that we will be better more then d rose being 100 percent but yall give him yall optimism and your own team pessimism. Nj? Aging roster won't stay healthy, only one ball and won't gel but all that is nixed for optimism for them and pessimism for us. Well we're again more likely to gel and make progress more so then them. But then again these/you same people had us under the nets, celtics and sixers...yeah sixers last year and had the Lakers in the finals because it couldn't fail right....smh. I just can't wait till we start trashing people when the season start and then all yall anti fans and bandwagon fans will come back. Well I'm not leaving. Those are my boys and ima ride till the wheels fall off and that ain't this year.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry Nets made the moves with most impact and it's not even close. We won't win 54gms. The East got better almost Top to Bottom. No guaranteed wins really from no teams

  15. #75
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Sorry Nets made the moves with most impact and it's not even close. We won't win 54gms. The East got better almost Top to Bottom. No guaranteed wins really from no teams
    Well go be a nets fan then. You'll be back on the bandwagon come January.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2011, 23:26
  2. Beno Udrih
    By RunningJumper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2011, 01:39
  3. Knicks sign C Timofey Mozgav to 3 year/$9.7MM Deal
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2010, 13:44
  4. Knicks Sign Center Randoph Morris To 2-Year Deal
    By YEARITEHERE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 29, 2007, 21:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •