Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 149

Thread: Beno Udrih To Sign One-Year Deal With Knicks

  1. #76
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    859
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    So are these deals the same? No, no way. Paul milsap would have at least a 30 million dollar. Doesn't matter if its years. His contract is significantly different then what it would have been before. Waaaay different. 20 million dollars different

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

    Dude Milsap received a 4yr $32mil deal from the Blazers prior to the new CBA...after the new CBA he signs with Atl for 2yrs $19.5mil. If you extraporlate this out, he would be making more money. The only difference as I've been saying is yrs but the money per yr is still the same and in many cases worse.

    I'll factor in another difference...gms/teams are still paying players big money but what they are adjusting to is Free Agency.... which means the yrs on deals are also shorter because teams want to be in play for potential free agency grabs...

    But to throw another example at you proving I'm more on point here...J.R. Smith received a 6yr $24mil deal from Denver well before the new CBA....he just signed this off-season with us for 4yrs $25.2mil<-----------trololmnop!

  2. #77
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I really respect you as one of the better posters on here Metro, but damn I gotta disagree 100% at this time.

  3. #78
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    That Nets roster will not play more than 20 games together, I guarantee you that.

  4. #79
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,493
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Actually I should have used different color font for all to pick up on the possible double standard....

    Charles Barkley said the same thing about us and has for the past couple season, yet Knick fans says he's a moron for saying it....

    Beno as you stated...stated the obvious....so is Beno a moron too?

    I was being facetious. Yes Beno is correct and on point nothing we didn't already know at least those of us who don't automatically go defensive mode and are ultra sensitive to accurate assessments.
    sarcasm and facetiousness does not translate via the internet. most of your posts have not been complementary towards the Knicks, or Glenwaldo, there's a serious unwarranted pessimism reaking through every thread you've started and commented on. I say give the Knicks a chance. Beno, MWP, Bargs, Timmy Junior, Jeremy T... all good pickups that have improved a very good team, the major core of which has been kept intact. how about writing something positive, showing some true O&B colors while you're at it?

    this is Beno's quote:
    "What it takes is just to be a team and to definitely have good players," Udrih said. "There has to be chemistry and everything has to be right. That's how it was in San Antonio basically. Tim Duncan didn't care who scored the most points. He's a Hall of Famer, but he was more about the team. He just wanted us to win. Sometimes he scored 30, and the next day he scored 10, but he still was very, very productive in rebounding.

    "Everybody has to work for each other, especially on the defensive end. I think we have enough scorers on our team now, but we definitely got to step up and basically defend first and then rebound the ball."

    i think that's an intelligible statement coming from a championship perspective, that can directly be attributed to Carmelo.

    and fu*ck Charles Barkley, he's said much worse about the Knicks to be labeled a moronic idiot.
    Last edited by CoolClyde; Aug 11, 2013 at 06:15. Reason: grammer and grandpa

  5. #80
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Take a look at the roster with a logical approach to it.

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    How can you say that without even watching a game or before the team has been together for a single practice?!

    If this is truly what you believe then why watch a single game this year?

    This post seriously made me sick and I respect you so much as a part of this website and Knicksnation.

    I guess you look at Stat and Barg and figure those guys are what they are and cant add a single thing to what they do. They're just going to get worse... Not like coaching can alter anything or players can come in with something to prove. None of that means anything. Barg will only be the guy who was a bust #1 pick and Stat has 1 foot in the NBA grave. Worst interior defense in the ENTIRE league?! REALLY?

    Do we have interior D like Indy or MIA, no but come on!

    Its like that guy on a boat filled with people but pissed he didn't build it himself so he'd rather the entire thing sink so he can just say "I told you so" on the way down.

  6. #81
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Stop being a cheerleader.

    World Peace isn't the defender he was. He's B level.
    Chandler isn't the defender he was. He's C level
    Martin plays defense, but is only 6"8/6"9 and can't patrol the paint to the level we need him to, plus he'll only be playing 20 minutes a game at most so his impact will be partial.

    Amare is an F level defender
    Bargnani is an D level defender (man to man post defense is actually okay, but his help defense is weak)

    Knicks have the worst interior defense in the East. You naming what Ron Artest and Chandler did a couple of years ago is totally pointless.

    How do we know that Anthony won't be playing the 4 this year? Until we get a confirmation from Woodson, I don't want to hear that crap. Woodson loves Melo at the 4 and doesn't adjust the roster to Melo as a SF. Please go ahead and do yourself a favor and present information that shows Mike Woodson favors big ball.

    Your punk ass ain't leaving no where...lol I can call bluff on bets in a heartbeat, don't try to fool me.

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Ok....now list the attributes

    3 All NBA caliber Defenders along w league's leading scorer in starting 5
    Depth at every position
    Does not turn the ball over
    One of the best alignments of PGs in league

    now your assessment of worst interior D does not take into account that this year Melo won't be playing D on PF's full time and Kmart will be on the squad for a full season and we should run less zone which should keep teams from killing us with offensive rebounds. Tyson at his best has shut down both Hibbert and Howard and I know he still can

    But lets make a bet..if the Knicks lose in 1st round this year I will leave this site forever never to return and they get out of first you'll do the same!


    Put up or shut up time...are you game?!

  7. #82
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    sarcasm and facetiousness does not translate via the internet. most of your posts have not been complementary towards the Knicks, or Glenwaldo, there's a serious unwarranted pessimism reaking through every thread you've started and commented on. I say give the Knicks a chance. Beno, MWP, Bargs, Timmy Junior, Jeremy T... all good pickups that have improved a very good team, the major core of which has been kept intact. how about writing something positive, showing some true O&B colors while you're at it?

    this is Beno's quote:
    "What it takes is just to be a team and to definitely have good players," Udrih said. "There has to be chemistry and everything has to be right. That's how it was in San Antonio basically. Tim Duncan didn't care who scored the most points. He's a Hall of Famer, but he was more about the team. He just wanted us to win. Sometimes he scored 30, and the next day he scored 10, but he still was very, very productive in rebounding.

    "Everybody has to work for each other, especially on the defensive end. I think we have enough scorers on our team now, but we definitely got to step up and basically defend first and then rebound the ball."

    i think that's an intelligible statement coming from a championship perspective, that can directly be attributed to Carmelo.

    and fu*ck Charles Barkley, he's said much worse about the Knicks to be labeled a moronic idiot.
    Beno, MWP, Bargs are all C level players.

    Tim and Jeremy are D-League producers and bench scrubs at this point of their careers.

    I think sometimes we're too mindless as a fan base and just call any acquisition "good" without even thinking about it.

    MWP was the best signing and that's only because our defense is soft.
    I like the Beno signing, but the only problem lies with where does he play? Prigioni and Felton are basically getting 20+ minutes a game and I hate the two PG line up.

  8. #83
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You calling me anti fan because I'm not sucking **** like you is hilarious. Being a fan is not being optimistic about everything. I love my Knicks more than any sports team out there and I have critical thinking skills unlike your braindead unemployed ass. How much time in the day I got to check if I spelled a word right for you? You're the site's #1 clown...go juggle some balls and make some corny jokes you single ass dude lol.

    Anyway, I can judge the 2013-14 Knicks because I know every player on the roster inside and out. I've watched them for 70+ games and a lot of these players I've followed their careers before they became Knicks.

    You're an idiot because if you say I can't judge the Knicks, what gives you the right to do so? Just call yourself a little girl and say you don't want my opinion expressed to that degree. You don't provide anything strong enough to hold an influential point, for example.

    You say the team has improved on a whole in every way. But you provide no information to support that.

    The first thing you state after stating that moronic sentence is an excuse of injuries.

    Shut up, injuries are apart of sports. Your soft minded and don't understand the physically of the game. Some players are injury prone, more so than others. It happens, and you need to begin to accept these things. If we're dealing with injury prone players and banged up players, we will suffer eventually when it comes time to win in the most crucial times (playoffs). If these players are available, we are responsible as a franchise and losing is well deserved because we invested in these injury prone players. If you can't understand that, then you need to stop following basketball and get more into something like golf, seems to fit your personality.

    Once again, nothing factual stated in your post.
    Carmelo's level to play team basketball. When has that ever be evidence? Name one player who has become a better basketball player under Carmelo Anthony? I like Carmelo's scoring, but in terms of team play he's not even Kawhi Leonard. Carmelo invest most of his energy into his scoring. He has ability to pass, but it's not an emphasis. Stop pretending like things are going to happen, when they never happened in the past and you have no proof that they will happen. You're just a fairy making things up in your head...which makes you look lamely retarded.

    To further embarrass yourself more, you misspelled Andrea Bargnani's name...the same guy you mention as a "good" pick up for the Knicks and will be a contributor to the Knicks. Great way to kill any chance of an argument you had left, numbnuts. To add insult to failure, you live on Morris Park aka the Little Italy that isn't crowded by Fordham students. You probably spend so much time indoors that you forgot what the Bronx air smells like.

    You're saying Knicks improved tremendously at the PG position, but didn't even take the time to see how Beno played in Orlando. You're not sure what you're talking about again which makes your entire post weak and crappy, a total waste of time to read and really just some fanship. If you're really a fan, you would put more work into knowing this team instead of being a mindless fan who expects everything to be alright. Your mannerisms are gay.

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Another lame anti-fan quote, and you spelled "guarantee" wrong. the only thing guaranteed this year is you'll be a weak-ass speller for the rest of the year. How can you judge the 2013-14 Knicks at this point in time? the team has improved on a whole in every way you name above, and they now have one of the best benches in the league from 6-14... Perhaps after injuries to Felton and Chandler and Kenyon, the team faltered defensively, and Melo took it upon himself to pull the Knicks through... but the beginning of the year squad was great in all aspects, from shooting to defense, and there's no reason to believe they'll be any less than great with a full-on squad going into training camp, with MWP, Kenyon and a healthy Iman and Chandler. It's not just Carmelo's level of performance, but his willingness to play team basketball; Bargnana is going to take a lot of pressure off him having to be the only shooter. With Beano pickup, Knicks have improved tremendously at the position, and remember Kidd was excellent before he hit the playoff wall.

    2 weakass quotes from anti-Knick pessimists. the only thing weaker than these quotes is the thread itself. SMFH!

  9. #84
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,493
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You calling me anti fan because I'm not sucking **** like you is hilarious. Being a fan is not being optimistic about everything. I love my Knicks more than any sports team out there and I have critical thinking skills unlike your braindead unemployed ass. How much time in the day I got to check if I spelled a word right for you? You're the site's #1 clown...go juggle some balls and make some corny jokes you single ass dude lol.

    Anyway, I can judge the 2013-14 Knicks because I know every player on the roster inside and out. I've watched them for 70+ games and a lot of these players I've followed their careers before they became Knicks.

    You're an idiot because if you say I can't judge the Knicks, what gives you the right to do so? Just call yourself a little girl and say you don't want my opinion expressed to that degree. You don't provide anything strong enough to hold an influential point, for example.

    You say the team has improved on a whole in every way. But you provide no information to support that.

    The first thing you state after stating that moronic sentence is an excuse of injuries.

    Shut up, injuries are apart of sports. Your soft minded and don't understand the physically of the game. Some players are injury prone, more so than others. It happens, and you need to begin to accept these things. If we're dealing with injury prone players and banged up players, we will suffer eventually when it comes time to win in the most crucial times (playoffs). If these players are available, we are responsible as a franchise and losing is well deserved because we invested in these injury prone players. If you can't understand that, then you need to stop following basketball and get more into something like golf, seems to fit your personality.

    Once again, nothing factual stated in your post.
    Carmelo's level to play team basketball. When has that ever be evidence? Name one player who has become a better basketball player under Carmelo Anthony? I like Carmelo's scoring, but in terms of team play he's not even Kawhi Leonard. Carmelo invest most of his energy into his scoring. He has ability to pass, but it's not an emphasis. Stop pretending like things are going to happen, when they never happened in the past and you have no proof that they will happen. You're just a fairy making things up in your head...which makes you look lamely retarded.

    To further embarrass yourself more, you misspelled Andrea Bargnani's name...the same guy you mention as a "good" pick up for the Knicks and will be a contributor to the Knicks. Great way to kill any chance of an argument you had left, numbnuts. To add insult to failure, you live on Morris Park aka the Little Italy that isn't crowded by Fordham students. You probably spend so much time indoors that you forgot what the Bronx air smells like.

    You're saying Knicks improved tremendously at the PG position, but didn't even take the time to see how Beno played in Orlando. You're not sure what you're talking about again which makes your entire post weak and crappy, a total waste of time to read and really just some fanship. If you're really a fan, you would put more work into knowing this team instead of being a mindless fan who expects everything to be alright. Your mannerisms are gay.
    you're a dick

  10. #85
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Dude Milsap received a 4yr $32mil deal from the Blazers prior to the new CBA...after the new CBA he signs with Atl for 2yrs $19.5mil. If you extraporlate this out, he would be making more money. The only difference as I've been saying is yrs but the money per yr is still the same and in many cases worse.

    I'll factor in another difference...gms/teams are still paying players big money but what they are adjusting to is Free Agency.... which means the yrs on deals are also shorter because teams want to be in play for potential free agency grabs...

    But to throw another example at you proving I'm more on point here...J.R. Smith received a 6yr $24mil deal from Denver well before the new CBA....he just signed this off-season with us for 4yrs $25.2mil<-----------trololmnop!
    They were younger players. Not in their prime with those deals. Jr for would almost have gotten the max this past summer under old cba

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #86
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    859
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Beno, MWP, Bargs are all C level players.

    Tim and Jeremy are D-League producers and bench scrubs at this point of their careers.

    I think sometimes we're too mindless as a fan base and just call any acquisition "good" without even thinking about it.

    MWP was the best signing and that's only because our defense is soft.
    I like the Beno signing, but the only problem lies with where does he play? Prigioni and Felton are basically getting 20+ minutes a game and I hate the two PG line up.
    Correct if you go back to last year, you'll find fans justifying and big upping signing Kidd to a multi-yr deal, trading for Camby, signing Novak, signing James Flight White for peanuts as all WIN-WIN moves. Lather, Wash, Rinse,.....repeat previous off-seasons.

    I think Tim Jr. could pay off for us, if he can manage to see the floor and Beno's signing as positives....outside of this I don't really see any.

    This thread wasn't really meant to be negative per say. I think Beno is correct and it's nice to see someone who will more than likely only be here a year saying what should be said and talking as if he could show leadership on this team this year.

    Unlike Kidd who was serving up cupcakes last year referring to Melo as Dirk and not telling the public last year...."I FEEL MY TIME IS NOW OR THE FOLLOWING SEASON" as if it's some kind of take turn league to win it all. Only to follow up, approaching the following season this summer saying...."MY WINDOW IS SHORT TO WIN A CHIP"


    Big up to Beno for setting a tone early. Really it should be him and Tyson(if he wasn't such a phony thug) leading this team, because they have the pedigree to do so.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Aug 11, 2013 at 10:10.

  12. #87
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We needed a veteran presence, and those signings filled a void.
    Our void is interior defense and ball movement.

    Best acquisitions were MWP and Beno...but still our void isn't filled.

    Tim will only play if Shumpert or Smith gets injured. The SG position is filled with minutes by Shumpert/Smith/Felton/Prigioni and now that Beno is here, he will definitely score minutes over Tim due to NBA experience, overall skill and talent.

    I wish Knicks would make a trade.

    Amare has no place on this team, we need a shot blocker...I wish his contract wasn't so bad so we can package him and Felton to a team that is need of offense in exchange of defense.

    Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Correct if you go back to last year, you'll find fans justifying and big upping signing Kidd to a multi-yr deal, trading for Camby, signing Novak, signing James Flight White for peanuts as all WIN-WIN moves. Lather, Wash, Rinse,.....repeat previous off-seasons.

    I think Tim Jr. could pay off for us, if he can manage to see the floor and Beno's signing as positives....outside of this I don't really see any.

    This thread wasn't really meant to be negative per say. I think Beno is correct and it's nice to see someone who will more than likely only be here a year saying what should be said and talking as if he could show leadership on this team this year.

    Unlike Kidd who was serving up cupcakes last year referring to Melo as Dirk and not telling the public last year...."I FEEL MY TIME IS NOW OR THE FOLLOWING SEASON" as if it's some kind of take turn league to win it all. Only to follow up, approaching the following season this summer saying...."MY WINDOW IS SHORT TO WIN A CHIP"


    Big up to Beno for setting a tone early. Really it should be him and Tyson(if he wasn't such a phony thug) leading this team, because they have the pedigree to do so.

  13. #88
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    859
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    We needed a veteran presence, and those signings filled a void.
    Our void is interior defense and ball movement.

    Best acquisitions were MWP and Beno...but still our void isn't filled.

    Tim will only play if Shumpert or Smith gets injured. The SG position is filled with minutes by Shumpert/Smith/Felton/Prigioni and now that Beno is here, he will definitely score minutes over Tim due to NBA experience, overall skill and talent.

    I wish Knicks would make a trade.

    Amare has no place on this team, we need a shot blocker...I wish his contract wasn't so bad so we can package him and Felton to a team that is need of offense in exchange of defense.

    Yeah it would help if we had like a younger Chauncey Billups that would mitigate Melo's role on this team. Not sure if going forward we needed veteran presence because at the end of the day we're not winning a chip with Melo here and our style of play. What we did need were some young legs to fill those same positions of need. If teams like the Spurs/OKC/Bulls/Pacers have multiple young players playing prominent roles then so should we.

    No one is touching Amar'e but we should have traded Felton/Filler in a 3 way deal with a team like the Wolves/Bucks for a Ridnour/Richard Pryor swap and maybe somehow get a pick or pick(s) to position ourselves better for 2015 draft. I think we'll be shaky this year and most certainly next year because of our lack of flexibility and no assets.

    Hopefully we can dump Felton this February.

  14. #89
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,708
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I don't know about losing in the first round but getting to the EC finals is going to be tough. Pacers and Nets look great on paper.

    I am hoping that Stat can come back playing full time at a high level somewhere around Jan and get off his minutes restriction. It will benefit Bargs to get some of Stats minutes while he's restricted and hopefully it's more than talk that he has a turnaround year with the change in scenery in NY.

    Nothing is certain in the NBA. I mean most fans and analysts were giving the Lakers the championship before they played one game and look how that turned out. Maybe we can win it all with this roster but three of the six of Chandler, Melo, JR, Shump, Stat and Felton are going to have career years to take us there.

    George Hill
    Lance Stephenson
    Paul George
    David West
    Roy Hibbert

    Bench

    Danny Granger
    Luis Scola
    Chris Copeland
    CJ Watson
    Solomon Hill

    Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Paul Pierce
    Kevin Garnett
    Brook Lopez

    Bench

    Shaun Livingston
    Jason Terry
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Reggie Evans
    Andre Blatche

  15. #90
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,021
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    The weird thing is I have NO feelings about this group of players. I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't get me excited, and it doesn't make me less excited. We added good players to our team, but we also don't have some of those great veterans anymore. It's weird. Forget about Amar'e and Tyson's injuries, what about Melo and J.R.'s??????!!!!! Those are the younger guys. Shumpert is gonna be nasty on both ends this up-coming season, could be just what the Knicks need to get over the biggest obstacles.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2011, 23:26
  2. Beno Udrih
    By RunningJumper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2011, 01:39
  3. Knicks sign C Timofey Mozgav to 3 year/$9.7MM Deal
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2010, 13:44
  4. Knicks Sign Center Randoph Morris To 2-Year Deal
    By YEARITEHERE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 29, 2007, 21:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •