Knicks are meeting with Hamed Haddadi

metrocard

Legend
Hamed Haddadi is meeting with the New York Knicks on Friday to discuss a contract.
Hadaddi finished last season with the Phoenix Suns and appeared in a total of 30 games.
Hadaddi was recently MVP of FIBA Asia, averaging 18.8 points and 10.0 rebounds per game.

Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

bigapple

Starter
218cm but hasnt playing really alot games

lot time sitting on bench so if Knicks will get him i hope for some mins

even with his height he can score.

i hope someday Knicks will find some player from ex Yugoslavia

metrocard

Legend
Earl Barron is as good or better than this guy. I could think of a worse signing but give me Earl please.

He's better than Barron.

Per 36 Mins

Hadaddi
11 PPG
13 RPG(almost 5 offensive rebounds per game)
3.1 BPG
46% FG
63% FT
1.5 APG

Earl Barron
12 PPG
9.1 RPG (3.1 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS)
.5 BPG
36% FG
71% FT
1.1 APG

Barron's only advantage is that he's less foul prone. But that doesnt matter since Haddadi will play 10-15 minutes at most. He's a quality back up center and legit 7 footer.

This would be an excellent pick up.

tiger0330

Legend
He's better than Barron.

Per 36 Mins

Hadaddi
11 PPG
13 RPG(almost 5 offensive rebounds per game)
3.1 BPG
46% FG
63% FT
1.5 APG

Earl Barron
12 PPG
9.1 RPG (3.1 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS)
.5 BPG
36% FG
71% FT
1.1 APG

Barron's only advantage is that he's less foul prone. But that doesnt matter since Haddadi will play 10-15 minutes at most. He's a quality back up center and legit 7 footer.

This would be an excellent pick up.
WTF, Earl has a 36% FG percentage!! That's horrible for a big, most times I've seen him play he looks like a good shooter but I guess that's the reason he's never been able to stick in the NBA.

metrocard

Legend
WTF, Earl has a 36% FG percentage!! That's horrible for a big, most times I've seen him play he looks like a good shooter but I guess that's the reason he's never been able to stick in the NBA.

Barron seems to have good chemistry with the team.

Lets see how Tyler does for the Knicks also.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Offensively they seem to be a wash.

Hadaddi is more efficient from the floor and has a slight advantage in assists, while Barron is more efficient from the line and scores slightly more points overall.

Barron has more experience and proven chemistry with the team, and is better getting back on defense and making defensive rotations.

Hadaddi is a better rebounder and has a very compelling edge in blocks, a major Knick weakness.

I would prefer to see both in camp before choosing between them. However, there may be reasons to decide sooner. A lot also depends upon how Woodson uses the other bigs on the team.

Last edited:
He looks like a pretty big guy that is rough around the edges and can put his back up against the boards for post-up.

Toronto got rid of him asap, so I'm not really sure how good he is. As mentioned previously, his activity in Phoenix was limited.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
i would start haddadi over tyson, tyson is a weak woman,

haddadi gives us a tough, smart baller who would never get handled by hibbert the way tyson got handled by hibbert,

CoolClyde

haddadi gives us a tough, smart baller who would never get handled by hibbert the way tyson got handled by hibbert,

what's up OBM? long time I haven't read your inane comments... don't you think Chandler the man handler
was just hurting the entire post-season? have faith in your Knicks starters, man.
who's your Haddadi?

Kiyaman

Legend

I dont know about that .... Tyson Chandler beat Hibbert's Indiana Pacers in a double-header, blowing them out in both games when Amare played 30 minutes at PF each game.
During our 18-5 run, Tyson had no problem helping the Knicks outrebound, outscore the Indiana Pacers in every quarter for a 88-76 Knicks WIN having PF-Rasheed Wallace & C/F-Marcus Camby in the rotation.

Out of the 15 playoff teams in 2012-13 the Knicks putting Carmelo at the 4 spot for 40 minutes per-game could only beat the Bucks and a Rondoless Celtics team in a series. In the Knicks postseason games they did not have a PF in the rotation (Melo is not a PF). HC woody used Kenyon Martin as Tyson's backup, and excuse (DNP) Amare & Camby services in the postseason games.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
what's up OBM? long time I haven't read your inane comments... don't you think Chandler the man handler
was just hurting the entire post-season? have faith in your Knicks starters, man.
who's your Haddadi?

it's just good to be back home, the forum looks stupid saucey,

i don't want to live through Tyson in Playoffs Pacers 2013, and I will only say that he was jailyard school girl for hibbert,

:smokin::gony::alert::alert::alert::alert:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I dont know about that .... Tyson Chandler beat Hibbert's Indiana Pacers in a double-header, blowing them out in both games when Amare played 30 minutes at PF each game.
During our 18-5 run, Tyson had no problem helping the Knicks outrebound, outscore the Indiana Pacers in every quarter for a 88-76 Knicks WIN having PF-Rasheed Wallace & C/F-Marcus Camby in the rotation.

Out of the 15 playoff teams in 2012-13 the Knicks putting Carmelo at the 4 spot for 40 minutes per-game could only beat the Bucks and a Rondoless Celtics team in a series. In the Knicks postseason games they did not have a PF in the rotation (Melo is not a PF). HC woody used Kenyon Martin as Tyson's backup, and excuse (DNP) Amare & Camby services in the postseason games.

please watch Pacers Playoffs Series 2013 again,

it looked like tyson was either high on drugs (marijuana) or throwing the games,l

pathetic display,

it's a disgrace that he will play in this uniform again, but he will, because dolan will make it so,

terrible, so terrible,

Rob Low

Rotation player

Melo held his own against West in that series, we lost because Tyson was absolutely dominated by Hibbert and Jr was high on coke the entire series.