JR Suspended 5 games for Violating Drug Policy

I just get pissed at all the fools on the Knicksonline who talk about JR and the steal of a price we got him for twice...

Agree Grunwald should have been smarter....winners win championships not morons.....

suns cut beasley.....Knicks embrace JR.....

Be happy man. This is Melo and Woodon's boy. So Melo is extra-happy now to be here.

And we dumped Lin to hep accomodate for JR, too!

This is exactly how you build contending NBA teams in the year 2013. We've been making all the right moves since The Melo Deal. And we have Melo, Scoring Champion. He even won a NCAA title and is really clutch and loves to take shots.

Every year he tells the media about how much he wants to win and all the awesome stuff he will do and improve to help make the team better. After two more off-seasons of giving the media cool sounding quotes, we might even be lucky enough to have our bigtime contract players -- Amare and Chandler -- still active NBA players!

Now JR can follow the same mold of his mentor. And JR can tell the media every time he is suspended about how he is going to fix his flaws and that he is a team player and wants to win a chip.

metrocard

Legend
Be happy man. This is Melo and Woodon's boy. So Melo is extra-happy now to be here.

This is exactly how you build contending NBA teams in the year 2013. We've been making all the right moves since The Melo Deal. And we have Melo, Scoring Champion. He even won a NCAA title and is really clutch and loves to take shots.

Every year he tells the media about how much he wants to win and all the awesome stuff he will do and improve to help make the team better. After two more off-seasons of giving the media cool sounding quotes, we might even be lucky enough to have our bigtime contract players -- Amare and Chandler -- still active NBA players!

Now JR can follow the same mold of his mentor. And JR can tell the media every time he is suspended about how he is going to fix his flaws and that he is a team player and wants to win a chip.

Seems like a cycle.
I can't lie, I ain't perfect. I have set backs in my life, but I work hard to overcome and become bigger each day. I wish the best for JR, I feel like he's too old to be messing with drugs like that. He's 2 years from being 30, been in the league for over a decade already.

He's wasting his time and the Knicks time.

The Knicks time, how much time do the Knicks have?

What's our window for a championship and how long can we last with this cast of players?

This is how I see it...

If Knicks don't play like a top 3 team in the NBA before the all star break, burn the team. Trade everyone from Melo to CJ Leslie. Get a lot of draft picks, expiring contracts and totally start over from scratch.

That's how serious this season is.

tiger0330

Legend
u mad? smoke suttin bruh. clearly hatin on jr. its just weed relax.
btw the league is stupid hes suspended the first 5 games of the season.
The league said the suspension will take affect after he's cleared to play from his injury. If I were the league, I would let him return for a week and then suspend him the 5 games.

skisloper

Starter
I understand what you're saying but Beasley doesn't produce like jr did if he did he wouldn't have been cut. Also its not like we could have used that money elsewhere it was spend it on him or not at all so it's better to have him then not. Any team in the league would take jr for his bird rights contract(not just sign him) but hisbl bird right exception to the cap rules contract. Also most players in the league smoke weed come on now

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

If most players in the league smoke weed please list the players that have been suspended for weed in the past 12 months.........

JR is not a WINNER......he has proved this time and time again........whats next for JR

Seems like a cycle.
I can't lie, I ain't perfect. I have set backs in my life, but I work hard to overcome and become bigger each day. I wish the best for JR, I feel like he's too old to be messing with drugs like that. He's 2 years from being 30, been in the league for over a decade already.

What's our window for a championship and how long can we last with this cast of players?

This is how I see it...

If Knicks don't play like a top 3 team in the NBA before the all star break, burn the team. Trade everyone from Melo to CJ Leslie. Get a lot of draft picks, expiring contracts and totally start over from scratch.

Ya man. Thing is, JR already has gotten his redemption....he got THE coach for him, he got THE franchise to play for. Every opportunity and good situation he has gotten, as pat of his redemption and 2nd chances.....

Every man makes mistakes, but real men also man up when it's time. I will still give JR this season to prove himself, but I ain't optimistic.

Also, you are too true in your title window outlook and what we must do if **** is whack by all-star break. This season is everything. JR + Melo must rise to the occasion. Woodson, too. And we need legit PG play from our 1 this year...

Kiyaman

Legend
Seems like a cycle.

Our window for a Championship or trip to the FINALS went out the door the day we traded for ISO-Melo.
In JR.smith past 5 seasons I did not see any decent .500 team interested in signing or trading for JR.
The only reason JR.smith is wearing a Knicks jersey is Melo recruited JR.

Recall
in 2005 NO Hornets HC Byron Scott barred 2nd season JR.smith from the Hornets lockerroom, JR was quickly traded to the Chicago Bulls in the offseason, inwhich the Bulls had no plans on giving JR a Bulls jersey by trading JR a month later to the Denver Nuggets.
In JR.smith 9 seasons in the NBA, Mike Woodson is the only HC that gave a 39% fg shooting JR the Green-Light, control of the offense, and more than 24 minutes per game.

This is how I see it... If Knicks don't play like a top 3 team in the NBA before the all star break, burn the team. Trade everyone from Melo to CJ Leslie. Get a lot of draft picks, expiring contracts and totally start over from scratch.

The Knicks are far away from playing like a Top 3 team, especially in the 2013-14 season.
The Knicks winning 54 games in 2012-13, were all on the strength of HC/player Jason Kidd, and his coaching-staff of Old-Heads keeping discipline amongst teammates for 82 games of BALL-HOGGER ISO-Melo & JRsmith...

metrocard

Legend

Rady, I'm trying to look for the insults in this post.