Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comparing Bernard King to Melo

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The point was Bargani & Melo are to "SOFT" to play the 4 spot .. their defensive talent as a big defending the paint stinks. Plus they're not inside scorers, they are perimeter scorers.
    one Melo isn't soft and Bargs is more fragile than soft dude just doesn't have the body strength like a Dirk for example

two Melo can score inside and so can Bargs but both are jump shooters while they should drive more

you gotta stop selling guys short

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    one Melo isn't soft and Bargs is more fragile than soft dude just doesn't have the body strength like a Dirk for example

two Melo can score inside and so can Bargs but both are jump shooters while they should drive more

you gotta stop selling guys short
    I was a big fan-favorite of PF-David Lee however, when it came to stopping oponents from scoring inside I could never defend or justify Lee's poor defense in stopping oponents from scoring inside the paint. If the oponent miss the shot then Lee will get the defensive-rebound.
    Melo & Bargani has a long NBA career of letting oponents score inside the paint, which makes them a liability at PF, especially in the playoff, and in the 4th qtr. of regular season games .. u will see monitor-kicking and fire extinguisher knockouts when things dont go right.

I recall Bernard King diving and falling on top of Dominique Wilkins, which put a stop to Dominique scoring inside the paint LOL

Veteran

I was a big fan-favorite of PF-David Lee however, when it came to stopping oponents from scoring inside I could never defend or justify Lee's poor defense in stopping oponents from scoring inside the paint. If the oponent miss the shot then Lee will get the defensive-rebound.
    Melo & Bargani has a long NBA career of letting oponents score inside the paint, which makes them a liability at PF, especially in the playoff, and in the 4th qtr. of regular season games .. u will see monitor-kicking and fire extinguisher knockouts when things dont go right.

I recall Bernard King diving and falling on top of Dominique Wilkins, which put a stop to Dominique scoring inside the paint LOL
    From your other post I gather you want Bargs to play the 5. How is he going to to that if he can't guard the paint as a 4? And don't tell me you want him to play the 3.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    From your other post I gather you want Bargs to play the 5. How is he going to to that if he can't guard the paint as a 4? And don't tell me you want him to play the 3.
    Every second Bargani is on the court PF-Kenyon Martin, and SF-Meta should be on the court with him, from preseason to regular season games.
    K.Mart & Meta strong leadership at positioning their bigmen teammates are what made them star-players in the NBA.
    Putting Bargani at the 5 in a steady lineup with K.Mart & Meta is a blessin for Barg, and a blessin for the team.
    Something new.

HC Woody need to try something new by making Tyson, Amare, and Melo work-out in scrimage-games 2 or 3 weeks before training-camp. The Trio dont know how to defend together, score together, or screen & pass to one another. How long have the trio been teammates again???

haha ok different interpretation there, no arguing with that