Gordan Hayward
Manu Ginobili
Dion Waiters
Lance Stephenson
Nick Young
Alonzo Gee
Bismack Biyombo
Shane Larkin

Love - Very solid first round pick especially in this league. This guy could be a top 5 producer.
Wall - I like this guys outlook, love his game. He does need to make some strides this year, 16/8/4 are great numbers but this guy has the potential to go 18/10 and he needs to get there.
Tim Duncan - Really solid pick for regular season, not a fan of Spurs down the stretch but no complaints.
Klay Thompson - IMO his value is a bit too high especially with GSW being so stacked offensively, if he comes into this year like he played in the playoffs though, he's gonna be a huge producer.
Jeff Green - Really awesome pick, first option in Boston and will only get better when Rondo comes back.
Goran Dragic - Can't believe this guy slipped so late, played him down at the draft but he has amazing potential to be a top player.
Hayward - Another really solid pick, could be primary ballhandler and Utah's #1 player imho. Coming out year I reckon.
Ginobili - Bad pick, running out of time is not good!
Dion Waiters - Very good pick, this guy could approach nearly 20ppg in Cleveland. For a 10th pick, insane value.
Lance Stephenson - Solid pick, Granger might hurt him though.
Nick Young - Really nice early season pickup, for a 12th pick you can't complain about this.
Alonzo Gee - Like this guy a lot, might get pushed out of the starting SF spot though which would be bad for him.
Bismack Biyombo - Best name in the NBA, solid 14th pick.
Shane Larkin - Can't see this guy doing much and his injury doesn't help his value. However Calderon's injury history gives him an opportunity to do some work.

Overall draft grade - A

I thought soupastars made some questionable moves last year in trades, but this draft was very solid. Many of the picks you chose I was going to take with the very next pick (Dragic, Hayward, Waiters) and I know I did the same to you a couple of times. The most impressive draft I've commented on so far imo.

smokes

Huge Member
IJE1592.png

My own team!

Deron Williams - Didn't really wanna take this guy but at the 21st pick I couldn't pass him up, really solid value at that stage.
Paul George - Slightly risky due to Grangers return but this guy could be one of the best players in the league this year. Tremendous upside.
Iggy - I really like this guy in GSW. 14 assists the other night! Fits great with that team and as the 3rd or 4th option on offense I see him being very comfortable.
Evan Turner - Played him down during the draft hoping he'd slip and he did! #1 option in Philly, potential 20+ ppg scorer this year!
DMC - So risky but had to take him, solid production guaranteed and has some really high upside too.
THE DRUM!!! - Had to reach haaaaaaard for this guy but I love his game and he could be one of the best fantasy bigs.
Tiago Splitter - Started his coming out party last year, if this guy can finally near 30mpg he's gonna be great this year.
Lowry - High injury risk but huge upside, has shown flashes of being an incredible fantasy PG.
Oladipo - Another reach however this guys preseason production just can't be ignored. On a terrible Orlando team I'm loving this guy.
Carter-Williams - Didn't like this pick and the dude can't shoot but as the starting PG he could put up ok numbers.
Dalembert - Really like this guys potential as the starting C in Dallas, good for a near double-double with blocks. Great pick this late.
Dudley - Another solid pickup, if he can hold down the start in LA he's gonna give nice 12th pick numbers.
Aminu - Average player, not expecting much but starters minutes.
Markieff Morris - Experimental pick, on a bad PHX team he could do pretty well.
Beverley - I like this guy at 15, McHale has already said they have 2 starting PG's in Houston, and I like Beverley more than Lin.

Overall draft grade: A

Obviously I'm biased but from my own point of view I got most of the picks I wanted. Had to reach a couple of times and took one very risky player but I think these guys are really solid producers and the upside on this team is ridiculous.

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Randy Foye Den - PG,SG
Tyreke Evans NO - SG,SF
Gerald Henderson Cha - SG,SF
Carmelo Anthony NY - SF,PF
Larry Sanders Mil - PF,C
Thaddeus Young Phi - SF,PF
Marcin Gortat Pho - C
Spencer Hawes Phi - C
Tristan Thompson Cle – PF, C
J.J. Hickson Den - PF,C
Kobe Bryant LAL - SG
Russell Westbrook OKC - PG
Andrea Bargnani NY - PF,C
Jared Sullinger Bos - PF
Luke Ridnour Mil - PG,SG

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
DeMar DeRozan - Not the biggest fan of this guy, will be an ok producer but not a fan of SG's who can't shoot.
I really hope he'll have a breakout year this season. I can clearly see him filling a bigger offensive role with Bargnani gone. And he also looked great in the preseason. But I'm not gonna lie, he was my 2nd option at the two guard, I was really hoping Iggy would fall to my pick.
Isaiah Thomas - Could be ok, you'd think Vasquez would take the minutes but if he can hit 25 mpg could be a decent pick.
I gotta admit I panicked a little bit when I was picking him, ran out of time and had no clue who to pick... not even sure why, I guess someone picked my player right before my pick.
Faried - Not too keen on this guy this year, I don't see him breaking 30 minutes. Will put up solid numbers from his rebounding often though.
I don't have that much insight in the league to say whether or not he'll be huge this year, but I really love Faried, one of my favorite non-Knicks players. I'm sure you can remember I was really high on him last season and well, it hasn't changed.
Anthony Bennett - Risky with Cleveland having a stacked frontcourt but could pay off huge.
I agree he's helluva risk, but I have some good feelings about this guy, he's huge, he's physical, he's committed and he's talented. IMO he has the ROY potential. But once again, there will be a lot of pressure on him and as you said said CLE's frontcourt is stacked, so he could also be a bust.
Carl Landry - Out for 3 months with torn hip flexor, really bad pick!
I didn't check on Landry before I picked him, he was huge for me last season and I wasn't aware he was injured. But I agree, if he's out for three months it's a horrible pick, I'm gonna cut him right away.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
So i miss the draft unfortunately, but i knew i wasn't going to make it and ranked my players which i'm satisfied with for the most part, but what is up with 5 bench spots for each team??? I was thinking I could atleast pick up some free agents to complete my team but with 14 teams in the league and 5 bench spots on each there is literally scraps to pick from. I played alot of fantasy but i never seen that many spots deep.

smokes

Huge Member
So i miss the draft unfortunately, but i knew i wasn't going to make it and ranked my players which i'm satisfied with for the most part, but what is up with 5 bench spots for each team??? I was thinking I could atleast pick up some free agents to complete my team but with 14 teams in the league and 5 bench spots on each there is literally scraps to pick from. I played alot of fantasy but i never seen that many spots deep.

We played 15 roster spots with 16 teams last year and there was still quality free agent additions to be grabbed often! Just gotta dig a little deeper.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
New Deal in the works!

Trade between Jay and I amounts to Multiple Scorgasms giving..

Kevin Durant
Jrue Holiday

For..

Stephen Curry
Greg Monroe

From CarmeloAnthonyWeiner. :cool:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Durant is Durant, but the trade is basically two top 5 players for one another, and two top 25 players for one another.

We'll see how it plays out. I still have a friggin beast team.

PG Stephen Curry
SG Greivis Vasquez
G Alec Burks
SF Kyle Korver
PF Dirk Nowitzki
F Pau Gasol
C Derrick Favors
Util Anderson Varejao
Util Brandon Knight
Util Greg Monroe
BN Danilo Gallinari
BN Tayshaun Prince
BN Omir Asik
BN Pablo Prigioni
BN Kevin Seraphin

Basically I've negated Asik's potential effect on my team should his minutes take a hit; him or Varejao for that matter. One of them should play close to 30 min consistently. This move balances my roster better IMO. The difference in production given the player swap will be negligible.

Last edited: