NBA league pass changes

bigapple

Starter
New features include:
  • Additional NBA content* such as documentaries, studio shows and original programming
  • NBA TV Live subscription*, which brings top highlights and exclusive access to NBA events and press conference
  • Home and away announcers* available
  • Monthly and annual membership options
  • Two seasons of archived games available to watch anytime

most interesting home and away annoucers so fans of MSG network will be happy but this upcoming season there will be alot games Knicks aired by ESPN n TNT.

i also hope NBA league pass will be using still same source quality speed

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
$230 (after discount) if you wanna get all new features. IMO it's not worth it. Next month I'll be getting me a Slingbox so I can get the access to my NY mate's TV package. $160 and I'll get the Knicks, the Giants and all my favorite shows. Not to mention that the box will be keeping it up for at least 4-5 years. So, **** you NBA.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
$230 (after discount) if you wanna get all new features. IMO it's not worth it. Next month I'll be getting me a Slingbox so I can get the access to my NY mate's TV package. $160 and I'll get the Knicks, the Giants and all my favorite shows. Not to mention that the box will be keeping it up for at least 4-5 years. So, **** you NBA.

Tell me more, bro!

bigapple

Starter
JVG said same thing league pass in DirecTV is too expensive even for guy as comentator they r earning a bit more money than standard and they also have to do interviews.

but checking schedule ESPN,TNT,MSG is all what u need i know MSG network is bonus pay channel .

bigapple

Starter

your mate need upload speed not less than 10mbits if u wana watch 720p streaming without buffering.

+ i dont know if u both have to watch same channel Slingbox is just virtual remote control device for some1 "out of home" who wana watch own satellite subscription online

better thing for u is own IPTV service world wide but there will b no MSG network.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We have it all settled, his upload speed is alright and while I was in NY he got himself another cable box, so we'll be able to watch games at the same time, he'll be streaming for me from one box and watching games from another one. :smokin:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The extra options is good, but not for the price. I'll stick to the regular. Will they ever ACTUALLY have HD? I don't know if they're capable of it. I don't know why they list any as HD, since none of them are, for my Cablevision anyway.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't think they offer HD quality, but the NFL GP definitely does, 4500 kbps stream compared to 3000 kbps offered by the NBA.

I know people knock nba league pass but living in Europe it really is a life saving for being able to watch nba action on demand without having to download torrents or watch on a leak ass stream site that loses connection.

Ive being a knicks fan sincwe 1992 and would watch game whatever way i could, even watched a German sports channel called "DSF" because they had 4 live games a week and 4 prerecorded ... i dont even speak German lol

Being able to come home from work and just get onto LP and watch whatever game i want is amazing and now theres the fact that now i can get the msg feed rather than just the home teams announcers is a huge upgrade imo, it works out as ?15 per month which is cheap considering that my tv sports package with Virgin Media costs me over ?25 per month just to watch the football !

bigapple

Starter
DSF was only channel that times that was airing famous NBA on NBC Sunday

i allways rememebr when mine older buddy says yo come on today its Shaq vs Hakeem Rockets @ Magic.

DSF was only channel airing that games

i still remember 1995 DSF sunday games and also 99 Heat Knicks famous shot by H20 KO for Heat.

other games was replayed on SAT.1 but it was just 45 minutes.

teknlogy is changing everything now u can watch Knicks till finals :peace:

If u r UK citizen BskyB has over 10mln subscribers thats tells alot Uk is much smaller country than USA comparing DIRECTV to UK but thats true they mostly focused on criket horses and English Premiere League

Spain are broadcasting NBA every night with original audio .
CanT tell u more about other way for watching as i dont wana loose them myself :)

Last edited:
Iam cool with LP, I've got all the sky sports channels via Virgin Media plus ESPN but yeah like you said there are alot of crap like Rugby, Cricket and much more , DSF was great growing up when i think back to the days where i could only find a once a week show on cnn called "This week inn the nba", we had some.basketball movement in 96 on tv but they really didn't market it well enough.

bigapple

Starter
ESPN decides to switch OFF ESPN America in whole europe but this channel is only available in your UK market

there is still Baseball tonight so i think there will be also NBA Tonight same show as in original ESPN in USA.
So who knows maybe ESPN UK will also be airing some NBA games with studio :)

This Week in the NBA was wounderfull 25 mins show @ CNN each Sunday i also remember that.

anyway from mine side i am not complaining it was the past there was no internet and digital tv in europe that times for domestic user @home

now u have leage pass and HD :)

only what i was is Knicks in finals :D

Last edited: