Page 35 of 118 FirstFirst ... 51529303132333435363738394041556585 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    honestly I dont agree with him for obvious reasons but besides that Harden is an exceptional basketball player but the same criticisms he gives Melo, Rockets fans were giving Harden

he took the ball out of Lin's hands and played a lot of one on one basketball

in context his assist numbers are better but Melo faced way way way more double teams leading to outlet passes rather than passes for shots

8's posted a video of Melo's assists, he's a great facilitator but the offense has to be designed around that

Melo thrives off of screens and quick decisions but is his own worst enemy in taking too much time

the problem I have with Kiya is he never gave him any credit for improving as a player this past year, he just looks at Melo's numbers and uses the cliches the media uses and Melo shut that up this past season

However Melo needs to be more consistent and make quicker and smarter decisions to help the team grow

but taking Harden and the pre-Melo Knicks over what we have now is agenda driven as **** and only shows deep down that he will only support the team if they do things the way he wants it done

no disrespect just calling it how I see it

I can say the things I say because I had "NBA Pass" during Iverson era with Melo in Denver, and during Chauncey Billups era with Melo in Denver.
    Why do I consider that important .. Iverson, Billups, and Jason Kidd has an NBA career of improving their teammates style of talent. The three guards I mention had an above-average super-star backcourt tandem partner in "PG-Snow, SG-Hamiliton, and SG-Kittles", and each of the three super-backcourt tandems took their mediocre team to the FINALS .... by not having a demanding ball-hogging SF-franchise player who playoff career average is 38% to 40% FG shooting. LOL

Veteran

the problem I have with Kiya is he never gave him any credit for improving as a player this past year, he just looks at Melo's numbers and uses the cliches the media uses and Melo shut that up this past season
    Did Melo up/down 38% to 44% fg shooting shut anyone up? NO!
    Our 5-18 start Felton average 19/7
    The 15 games Melo missed we won 12 or 11 (not sure), in the last 2 games of the season Breen did mention we won above 10 without Melo. Stopping the ball and Ball-Hogging (to win the scoring title) throughout a season is not improving our team.

We were a 2nd seed team, and we are replacing 7 players from the 2nd seed team.
    Did u see chemistry or gellin from the 8 remaining players???

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I can say the things I say because I had "NBA Pass" during Iverson era with Melo in Denver, and during Chauncey Billups era with Melo in Denver.
    Why do I consider that important .. Iverson, Billups, and Jason Kidd has an NBA career of improving their teammates style of talent. The three guards I mention had an above-average super-star backcourt tandem partner in "PG-Snow, SG-Hamiliton, and SG-Kittles", and each of the three super-backcourt tandems took their mediocre team to the FINALS .... by not having a demanding ball-hogging SF-franchise player who playoff career average is 38% to 40% FG shooting. LOL
    different era

none of them had to deal with the teams Melo is dealing with

Also Chauncey had more than just Rip he had Sheed and Ben shutting the paint down and Tayshaun locking up the wings

Kidd has a good team but even his final appearances resulted in no rings

and how can you call Melo a ball hog then give Iverson props lmao

Did Melo up/down 38% to 44% fg shooting shut anyone up? NO!
    Our 5-18 start Felton average 19/7
    The 15 games Melo missed we won 12 or 11 (not sure), in the last 2 games of the season Breen did mention we won above 10 without Melo. Stopping the ball and Ball-Hogging (to win the scoring title) throughout a season is not improving our team.

We were a 2nd seed team, and we are replacing 7 players from the 2nd seed team.
    Did u see chemistry or gellin from the 8 remaining players???
    we were under .500 when Melo didn't play, I think 6-7

we started 18-5 no 5-18

the offense got stagnant when STAT came back also Melo's knee got injured and he wasn't moving the same

we're replacing 7 players

Kidd- Pablo and Beno are both more athletic and wont fall apart in April/May, his leadership isn't needed anymore
    Camby- didn't play
    Novak- Bargs is better
    Copeland- sucks on D, Hardaway can be that extra scorer
    Thomas- will be missed but he's gone

who are the other 2, Quentin Richardson and Earl Barron

our core is still together thats all that matters

and Melo was shooting 46% in the playoffs until he tore his labrum

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7

we started 18-5 no 5-18

the offense got stagnant when STAT came back also Melo's knee got injured and he wasn't moving the same

Kidd- Pablo and Beno are both more athletic and wont fall apart in April/May, his leadership isn't needed anymore
    Camby- didn't play
    Novak- Bargs is better

Checkmate..... p.s. our knicks better then that sixers team that got to that chip

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

how do u hate on a future hall of famer the way u do?

1) I dont see Melo as a future HOF
    2) Melo's action & personality has made Melo's teammates play without effort in 9 of his postseason appearances.
    3) Melo is an individual player like Marbury (and Marbury average 8 ast)
    4) Melo do not have half of the skills & talent as ex-Knicks Bernard King

lowest IQ post of end of summer

Originally Posted by CA7

we started 18-5 no 5-18

Camby- didn't play
    Novak- Bargs is better

STAT style is stagnat no success just empty pick n roll and dunk he is not doin anymore jump shots
    he is mostly needed for put backs and quickes layups so STAT should b needed but not for 30-40 mns just "needed mins"
    but he dont play D and will never play that why MELO need such player like now MWP

Pablo Beno is latino-europe style Spurs r using same style - Parker Ginobili Diaw
    Camby was good in 90s Novak for garbage teams
    Thomas allways would b needed but his age......
    Copeland was playing to less time
    Tim Jr cant tell nothing NBA is not NCAA
    Q Rich is done
    Barron played just few mins total in playoffs

Video Carmelo Anthony: Mid Range Dominance

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    different era

none of them had to deal with the teams Melo is dealing with

Also Chauncey had more than just Rip he had Sheed and Ben shutting the paint down and Tayshaun locking up the wings

Kidd has a good team but even his final appearances resulted in no rings

and how can you call Melo a ball hog then give Iverson props lmao

The part u missed in my post, were Iverson, Billups, and Jason Kidd exceptional talent improve their teammates talent in a lineup to where their backcourt partners performance were star caliber (u do recall JJ Barea, Terry, and Kidd getting rings).
    When a team plays exceptional well in the regular season to win above 50 games, thats all good.
    Butt when a team makes it to the FINALS .. that mean the TEAM played on the Next-Level of NBA B,ball.

As for Iverson being considered a ball-hog .. when a player have Iverson's top notch speed, and the best cross-over u ever witness, plus average 6 to 8 assist per game on 47% FG shooting with 7 to 9 trips to the line from getting knocked in the stands on fastbreak baskets .. thats not Ball-Hogging, thats the new logo "The NBA is Exciting"...

Superstar

The part u missed in my post, were Iverson, Billups, and Jason Kidd exceptional talent improve their teammates talent in a lineup to where their backcourt partners performance were star caliber (u do recall JJ Barea, Terry, and Kidd getting rings).
    When a team plays exceptional well in the regular season to win above 50 games, thats all good.
    Butt when a team makes it to the FINALS .. that mean the TEAM played on the Next-Level of NBA B,ball.

As for Iverson being considered a ball-hog .. when a player have Iverson's top notch speed, and the best cross-over u ever witness, plus average 6 to 8 assist per game on 47% FG shooting with 7 to 9 trips to the line from getting knocked in the stands on fastbreak baskets .. thats not Ball-Hogging, thats the new logo "The NBA is Exciting"...
    Steph had a career average of 20 and 8 until injuries but u called him a ball hog. You're arguments don't line up from player to player, u pick and choose who you like and go from there

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7

we started 18-5 no 5-18

Camby- didn't play
    Novak- Bargs is better

I mention 5-18 ha ha LOL

The 15 man roster we started the 2012-13 season with to the February deadline only 7 of those players remain for the 2013-14 season .. Ronnie Brewer's 26 mpg as a starter in the first 34 games of the season played a big role in our 23-11 record, we started playing .500 ball when Brewer minutes went down to 8 minutes per game, and Felton's fga went down to 6 shot attempts.

Amare & Camby return to the game the same week, and nothing was stagnate about their performance.
    HC Woody substitution & rotation became ridiculous putting Camby & Tyson as starters making every lineup in the rotation a liability when Amare returned. Butt, the famous "Cheerios" put a stop to the Camby & Tyson starting lineup, which u didnt notice Camby was DNP after "CHEERIOS", and the first player traded at the end of the season.

If Melo started the postseason games shooting 46% .. Damn! Melo fell off bigtime because for the total 12 postseason games ISO-Melo have a 40% fg average, which mean Melo had to average 34% to 37% in the Pacers series (yeah yeah, he tore his Labrum and still played 40 mpg, while Copeland, Amare, and Camby was DNP LOL)...

Veteran

While both players are/were great pure shooters, the biggest differences between them are shot selection and decision-making. While King had a terrific midrange touch, he rarely passed up an opportunity to improve his position on the floor, while Anthony's biggest weakness has always been a tendency to launch contested jumpers. Also, while Anthony still tends to pound the rock too long in isolation, undermining his ability to better those around him, King either made his moves immediately or passed it off.

The above is from the thread comparing Melo to Bernard King and this video underscrores all the above points. You know Kiya is going to blast Melo if he sees this video. He took a ton of contested jumpers, quite a few off of double teams, you can see where Melo gets his deserved rep as a ball hogging iso player from. If you look at videos of Kings 60 point game and his 2 50 point games he seldom took a shot longer than 12 feet in those games, Melo loves the 3 in his big games.

Superstar

Best mid range shooter in the league

Veteran

I dont have to watch the video .. Im a Orangemen-fan from way back.
    ISO-Melo's Game has not change much from his Syracuse daze .. ISO-scoring ....
    Yeah, Melo will do his best to outscore everyone in a game, butt it takes a TEAM to bring the CHIP to New York...

Superstar

I dont have to watch the video .. Im a Orangemen-fan from way back.
    ISO-Melo's Game has not change much from his Syracuse daze .. ISO-scoring ....

Yeah, Melo will do his best to outscore everyone in a game, butt it takes a TEAM to bring the CHIP to New York...
    orangemen fan eh???? you know where this is going, did you cheer when melo delivered them that chip?