Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: upcoming season

  1. #16
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by The Garden Faithful
    We have to figure out a way to beat the Bulls they owe us every year now, if we are ever gonna get over hill it has to start with Chicago.
    watch this




    thats why i want Udrinh to [not necessary to Surpass Felton] not to wasting time on horrible dribbling just fires from corner fires threes driving into the paint

    look what he done to bulls

    he will for sure find p&r will Banana

  2. #17
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    watch this




    thats why i want Udrinh to [not necessary to Surpass Felton] not to wasting time on horrible dribbling just fires from corner fires threes driving into the paint

    look what he done to bulls

    he will for sure find p&r will Banana
    Nice video. His tempo is great.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,308
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    watch this




    thats why i want Udrinh to [not necessary to Surpass Felton] not to wasting time on horrible dribbling just fires from corner fires threes driving into the paint

    look what he done to bulls

    he will for sure find p&r will Banana


    I like Beno's style & talent on the Kings, he's a great pickup for us this offseason .. Butt a video of a Bulls game without Rose & Noah, is equal to a 90's Bulls game without Jordan & Pippin. The two high IQ court leaders are missing, nice video though .......

  4. #19
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I like Beno's style & talent on the Kings, he's a great pickup for us this offseason .. Butt a video of a Bulls game without Rose & Noah, is equal to a 90's Bulls game without Jordan & Pippin. The two high IQ court leaders are missing, nice video though .......
    it means for u Rose = Jordan and Noah is Pippen sill level.

    Well Noah is like Rodman and Rose is like Randy Brown & Tonic Kukoc combined.

    beno started his career with Spurs so he was perfectly settle from his 1st days in NBA with Parker as company
    thats why i got big hopes with him.

  5. #20
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    This season I want the Knicks to focus on staying healthy, getting there younger guys decent minutes if possible to put less strain via minutes on the vets/starters, and finally experiment with the lineups in preparation for the playoffs.

    This year shouldn't be a race to win regular season games. The Knicks have shown they can do that. They should just aim for a high seed of course, but prep for the playoffs even more. The Knicks should be aiming for a deep playoff run or championship.

    They got some real decent players too. Best depth they've had in like forever, even before the Melo trade. Knicks just need to figure out how to approach the playoffs and the lineup/mismatches that brings. Also I don't expect them to be bullied by teams this year either. They got some real goons, and some real workhorses and even a legit 2nd/3rd/4th option in Barg to hopefully keep teams honest if they decide to go big to clog the paint.... Things are looking good at the beginning of the season

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,308
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    This season I want the Knicks to focus on staying healthy, getting there younger guys decent minutes if possible to put less strain via minutes on the vets/starters, and finally experiment with the lineups in preparation for the playoffs.

    This year shouldn't be a race to win regular season games. The Knicks have shown they can do that. They should just aim for a high seed of course, but prep for the playoffs even more. The Knicks should be aiming for a deep playoff run or championship.

    They got some real decent players too. Best depth they've had in like forever, even before the Melo trade. Knicks just need to figure out how to approach the playoffs and the lineup/mismatches that brings. Also I don't expect them to be bullied by teams this year either. They got some real goons, and some real workhorses and even a legit 2nd/3rd/4th option in Barg to hopefully keep teams honest if they decide to go big to clog the paint.... Things are looking good at the beginning of the season

    I have to agree with u on the new players we stacked up on in the offseason, and the idea of working on several different plays vs small running teams and bigman teams to prepare for the postseason games.
    It would be nice if HC Woody had all our players mind set that our regular season games (wins & losses) should be a learning preperation for our seven game series in April/May to improve our weak areas as well as strong areas.

    Im not proud of (or condone) the Bargani trade where we gave-up a future first round pick, plus two 2nd round picks .. Bargani's all-around performance in 7 seasons prove that he shouldve been a 2nd round pick in the NBA.

    All the good that GM Grunwald did for the Knicks the past 2 seasons, this trade is/was suspicious to draw a Red-Flag from any NBA team. What we gave the Raptors organization for Bargani, we couldve gave to the Warriors organization for Knicks fan-favorite all-star double-double David Lee. At least we Knicks fans would've known what we will be getting putting PF-David Lee with C-Chandler in our frontcourt this offseason. Bargani has been a suprise-suprise expect the unexpected throughout the offseason for Knicks fans.
    We all know what to expect from Beno, Meta, and even our draft pick Hardaway Jr. ....
    What do u expect from a player u gave-up a first-round pick, and two 2nd round picks???

  7. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smithtown
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Rediculous ...Camby was injured and his seasonal play sucked Barron would have been dissemated . What were smoking...?

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,308
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    it means for u Rose = Jordan and Noah is Pippen sill level.

    Well Noah is like Rodman and Rose is like Randy Brown & Tonic Kukoc combined.

    beno started his career with Spurs so he was perfectly settle from his 1st days in NBA with Parker as company
    thats why i got big hopes with him.

    Beno is a great pickup for us .... Rose & Noah are the Bulls comunication leaders on offense & defense for their teammates.
    The same way Jordan & Pippin were in the 90's giving their teammates that extra confidence to do great things.
    Its not about who has the best athletic B.ball skills, its about having team-leadership and team-comunication with teammates from 2 to 3 players on ur roster (Rose/Deng/Noah).
    If an oponent was scoring on the Bulls from the left side of the court for 3 quarters, Jordan & Pippin would have their teammates force this high scoring oponent to the right side throughout the 4th quarter to shut him down, this is the samething Noah & Rose leadership does with their teammates, making HC Thibs team-defense the top-3 in the NBA, having a 62 win season in 2010-11.
    Thats all I meant about the video.

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by DrB
    Rediculous ...Camby was injured and his seasonal play sucked Barron would have been dissemated . What were smoking...?
    Everyone was injured last year. I think Camby's injury was expected. He always have a season where he's really injured and comes back next season to play 60-70 games but this year doesn't look like it. Same injury is still bother him and he's trying to avoid surgery.
    Last edited by metrocard; Oct 09, 2013 at 18:51.

  10. #25
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Did u ask camby personally if he's avoiding surgery or is this your amazing intuition at work again.

    Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #26
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Seems to be talk of preparing for the playoffs already. Remember, we have to get there first...

  12. #27
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    MWP will replace Thomas & MWP can shoot 3

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,308
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Everyone was injured last year. I think Camby's injury was expected.

    ha ha ha u damn right, Camby injury was expected ....
    1) In 2002 owner Dolan personally had Camby traded to Denver along with our 7th pick in the first round (Nene), when the Denver medical staff examine Camby they gave Camby enough evidence to sue the Knicks medical-staff.
    2) Lets not forget Camby's angry comment (on star teammates not playing defense) to the press after getting swept in the first-round of the playoffs in 2008. Everyone knew Camby's comment was directed towards Melo more than Iverson. So the Denver organization traded their 10 pt, 14 rb, 4 blk center Camby to the Clippers for nothing in return in 2008.

    I guess when Woody got wind of Camby's history with Dolan, and then Melo too. Woody refuse to put Camby in the rotation as Tyson backup throughout the entire season with Melo at the PF. Glen Grunwald did not gain any points signing or trading Camby LOL

    I almost fell out my chair in 2012 offseason when I heard the Knicks traded for a FA Camby, FA K.Thomas, and FA Felton.

    By the way, the Houston Rockets dont have enough playingtime for their two 30 minute centers D.Howard & Astic, HC Mchale signed Old-Head Camby as the teams bigman coach, who's job it will be to break-down each game scouting report to D.Howard like Patrick Ewing did in Orlando. So expect the Rockets to win alot of back to back games this season.

  14. #29
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    U see u fell out from chair when u saw trade


    then how we felt when we saw that Starks was traded to GSW? and Ewing to Sonics?

    our dream S5 Larry Latrell H20 Ewing Thomas Ward all of them playing D

    Camby already will miss few weeks with Rockets

  15. #30
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    ha ha ha u damn right, Camby injury was expected ....
    1) In 2002 owner Dolan personally had Camby traded to Denver along with our 7th pick in the first round (Nene), when the Denver medical staff examine Camby they gave Camby enough evidence to sue the Knicks medical-staff.
    2) Lets not forget Camby's angry comment (on star teammates not playing defense) to the press after getting swept in the first-round of the playoffs in 2008. Everyone knew Camby's comment was directed towards Melo more than Iverson. So the Denver organization traded their 10 pt, 14 rb, 4 blk center Camby to the Clippers for nothing in return in 2008.

    I guess when Woody got wind of Camby's history with Dolan, and then Melo too. Woody refuse to put Camby in the rotation as Tyson backup throughout the entire season with Melo at the PF. Glen Grunwald did not gain any points signing or trading Camby LOL

    I almost fell out my chair in 2012 offseason when I heard the Knicks traded for a FA Camby, FA K.Thomas, and FA Felton.

    By the way, the Houston Rockets dont have enough playingtime for their two 30 minute centers D.Howard & Astic, HC Mchale signed Old-Head Camby as the teams bigman coach, who's job it will be to break-down each game scouting report to D.Howard like Patrick Ewing did in Orlando. So expect the Rockets to win alot of back to back games this season.
    Wow. I remember the dark days when everything about this franchise was unprofessional. I am not surprised one bit, Knicks haven't been a winning franchise and it starts with it's organization and their personnel staff. The culture in MSG stinks and had created a losing environment where the only winning that happens is when the Knicks add a "talented" player to a cluttered roster without addressing any team weaknesses. Forever losing.

Similar Threads

  1. upcoming deal with Howard to NY
    By bigapple in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jan 24, 2013, 18:36
  2. upcoming FA
    By vrgadin in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2011, 00:23
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2010, 10:35
  4. The Upcoming Off Season? What To Do?
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Mar 17, 2009, 13:50
  5. How excited are you about the upcoming season?
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Sep 22, 2008, 17:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •