Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: upcoming season

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Wow. I remember the dark days when everything about this franchise was unprofessional. I am not surprised one bit, Knicks haven't been a winning franchise and it starts with it's organization and their personnel staff. The culture in MSG stinks and had created a losing environment where the only winning that happens is when the Knicks add a "talented" player to a cluttered roster without addressing any team weaknesses. Forever losing.

Nothing has changed....

We gave Amar'e all the money he was entitled to($100mil) when the Phx Suns only wanted to give him 4yrs of guaranteed money at $73mil or thereabouts. Phx Suns probably has the best medical staff in all of sports. They of all teams would know the state of Amar'e going forward and they were right on the money.

We gave Felton a raise after he had a tumultuous yr in Portland where he ballooned to Michellin levels, while also trading rights to recently drafted prospects and letting Lin go for nothing.

We gave Marcus Camby a multi-yr deal at essentially the same money he was making previous season, after he finished the season with Rockets playing not at 100%.

We gave J.R. Smith all the money he was entitled to this off-season after knowing he would need knee surgery after shredding his knee during the playoffs or shortly prior to. This after he had one of the most disastrous post-seasons on and off the court essentially costing us a series.

Would have paid Lin had he not pissed Dolan off and he had a similar injury to J.R. Smith.

We're looking at extending Melo near $25mil/per season for the next 4yrs when he recently admitted he played end of the yr and post-season with torn rotator cuff and torn labrum...opting not to have surgery letting those injuries heal on their own. Nevermind the fact his FGA output increased tremendously at season's end chasing a scoring title and increased overall during the playoffs.

Fans want to applaud him for playing as a martyr during the playoffs battered and injured although refusing to pass and want to applaud him for passing during the first game of a meaningless preseason game.(rolling eyes...can't have it both ways)

I wonder what will happen if he re-aggravates it or if we struggle during the season.... what he decides to do at season's end after he gets his money?

I want anyone, whether you're an extreme die hard or simply a casual fan.... show me what franchise operates this way.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Oct 14, 2013 at 13:41.

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Nothing has changed....

We gave Amar'e all the money he was entitled to($100mil) when the Phx Suns only wanted to give him 4yrs of guaranteed money at $73mil or thereabouts. Phx Suns probably has the best medical staff in all of sports. They of all teams would know the state of Amar'e going forward and they were right on the money.

We gave Felton a raise after he had a tumultuous yr in Portland where he ballooned to Michellin levels, while also trading rights to recently drafted prospects and letting Lin go for nothing.

We gave Marcus Camby a multi-yr deal at essentially the same money he was making previous season, after he finished the season with Rockets playing not at 100%.

We gave J.R. Smith all the money he was entitled to this off-season after knowing he would need knee surgery after shredding his knee during the playoffs or shortly prior to. This after he had one of the most disastrous post-seasons on and off the court essentially costing us a series.

Would have paid Lin had he not pissed Dolan off and he had a similar injury to J.R. Smith.

We're looking at extending Melo near $25mil/per season for the next 4yrs when he recently admitted he played end of the yr and post-season with torn rotator cuff and torn labrum...opting not to have surgery letting those injuries heal on their own. Nevermind the fact his FGA output increased tremendously at season's end chasing a scoring title and increased overall during the playoffs.

Fans want to applaud him for playing as a martyr during the playoffs battered and injured although refusing to pass and want to applaud him for passing during the first game of a meaningless preseason game.(rolling eyes...can't have it both ways)

I wonder what will happen if he re-aggravates it or if we struggle during the season.... what he decides to do at season's end after he gets his money?

I want anyone, whether you're an extreme die hard or simply a casual fan.... show me what franchise operates this way.

Can't argue the Amare fully, but he did bring life back into this team. A risk I probably would not have taken but the Knicks were desperate at the time.

Not sure what you mean by giving Felton a raise. His annual salary went from 7.5M in 2011 to 3.5M in 2012. That is more than a 50% decrease in salary. Camby's contract was for 13M for 3 years with 10M guranteed. That's 3.3M per year. So he took a significant pay cut from the 11M he made the year before he signed.

While I don't like the money the gave JR they really did not have a choice. It's not a disastrous contract and the Knicks were not in a position to replace his production on the court.

The Rockets have tried to trade Lin and have found no takers for that contract. The Knicks made the right decision about Lin.

All this criticism for a team that won 54 games last year and reached the second round. I think most teams would kill for their team to operate that way if that is the end result.

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Amare signing with the Knicks (instead of Chicago) saved this Knicks Organization from being the biggest JOKE in NBA history during 2010 offseason. The Knicks BIG-MOUTH GM gave away several Knicks future draft picks for a dream called the "2010-Plan", he traded 3 year contracts worth $70M, for 2 year contracts worth $70M, while TANKING 2 seasons by DNP healthy players.

There was not one All-Star FA interested in signing with the BIG-MOUTH GM Knicks during the 2010 offseason, the only star player interested in signing with the Knicks was Boozer, and at practically the same price as Amare.
    And if Dolan wouldve added Ball-Hoggin ISO-Melo with Boozer, then Boozer wouldve also caught a case of injury-prone seasons like Amare and Kenyon Martin did.