Stein: Knicks to replace Glen Grunwald with Steve Mills?

I don't get this move. Mills presided over one of the worst times in franchise history. Why does Dolan love those guys so much? Remember, he tried to bring back Thomas as an "adviser" until the basketball Gods intervened.

I hear Marbury is still looking to get back in the NBA. Maybe Dolan brings him back as well.

Mike

skisloper

Starter
I don't get this move. Mills presided over one of the worst times in franchise history. Why does Dolan love those guys so much? Remember, he tried to bring back Thomas as an "adviser" until the basketball Gods intervened.

I hear Marbury is still looking to get back in the NBA. Maybe Dolan brings him back as well.

Mike

There is no doubt Isiah is telling Dolan that he can win a championship with this team.....Plus Dolan is now scared of losing Melo and in some typical way he will get rid of Woody fearing Melo does not like him.....

I am a die hard Knicks Fan for the past 30 years and a season ticket holder for the past 22 years and I ask myself how can we ever be a Championship team as long as you have Dolan making unilateral decisions...

HERE COMES ISIAH.......WOOD GOES UNDER 500 IN FIRST 15 GAMES AND ISIAH WILL BE THE KNICKS COACH.

petescud

Starter
I guess the Bargnani trade did him in...Honestly, if we win with this front office, i'd be shocked. This is NY people, we deserve better

tiger0330

Legend
HERE COMES ISIAH.......WOOD GOES UNDER 500 IN FIRST 15 GAMES AND ISIAH WILL BE THE KNICKS COACH.
Woody is Grunny's man and Zeke just doesn't look right as a TV analyst so Isiah coming back to coach would be less of a shock than this news. Demoting Grunwald I did not see coming. It might not be all Dolan, maybe Grunwald didn't want the job any longer, who knows.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Mills is prob a smart guy. But i'm not sure we want him making player personnel decisions. I'm a little puzzled by this move.

tiger0330

Legend
Dolan probably butted heads with Grunwald over him not getting the president's title along with the GM title just like Mills got. Dolan is not the easiest guy to work for just look at how many execs come and go with the Knicks.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'm absolutely shocked. Don't know what to say. Really. Grunwald was a great GM and even if he made some decisions that were seen as mistakes he was always able to repair the damage. It's crazy. I mean, why for ****'s sake would you replace someone like Grunwald?

Broadway

All Star
Thomas is almost back because he never left

lol GRUNNY IS DUNNY SONNIES

Overrated Clap Clap...Clap Clap Clap

Steve Mills is nothing more than a figure head at this point. I bet Grunwald feels mighty crunchy, and Dolan is probably placing blame on him for giving up all those assets his short time here.

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I don't understand the gg firing either... to whoever said it was because if bargnani that was pointless because that trade made sense. As far as I. Thomas returning, I don't think he will but if so I don't think it will be detrimental to our team. He was bad at assembling talent. But til this day he got the exact best out of changing frye and balkman and eddy curry. So as a coach I don't think he is bad.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

nuckles2k2

Superstar
****....if Isiah can instruct the team on what talent to go after, I don't mind (as if I had a choice). I actually kind of would mind, cause damn....Isiah Thomas.... But at the same time, he drafted Nate, Lee, and acquired Z-Bo and J-Crossover.

He should just never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, be in a "be-all-end-all, has the final say position" and keep him away from the checkbook, he'll spend every single dime.

But I dunno if he would put together the AARP team, and when they fall apart by season's end it's:
3u8uq6_zps25f505f7.jpg

I don't know if I like this move or not. I was pretty much done when Grunny traded a first round pick for a dude who was booed off the court (AT HOME) for the better part of 2 seasons, and on the verge of being cut.

I was also pretty frustrated when our signing an amnestied Artest was viewed as some big score, as if he was a part of the plan.

So...am I at the point where I think this team has a shot at keeping Melo with the vision and plan of a Steve Mills or some involvement from Thomas? No. But what choice do I have? We traded a first round pick for a dude who wasn't wanted by his old organization. Even if there's another fabled trade on the horizon...that was insanely idiotic.

The saying is "one man's trash is another man's treasure." It's not "dig in one man's trash, find some refuse and paint it gold.... TREASURE!!"

tiger0330

Legend
Dolan probably butted heads with Grunwald over him not getting the president's title along with the GM title just like Mills got. Dolan is not the easiest guy to work for just look at how many execs come and go with the Knicks.
My bad, GG did hold both the president and GM titles so that wasn't the reason. Also looks like GG didn't want to go and it was simply Dolan not happy with the job GG was doing. OK Grunny didn't bring a championship to NY but to bring back a guy that failed to do so in the 10 years he had the job makes no sense.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Dolan is just plagarizing the Vince McMahon / Dixie Carter same old 1% are all f*in' Skull and Bones in league with the AntiChrist storyline. We all end up working for the same inbred retards until we overthrow the system....

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Dolan must have some serious demons in his ears constantly to do some of the stuff he does. Grunny was a great GM, Knicks were tied down money wise, WTF do you expect the man to do? you want a blockbuster trade with STAT involved? you probably got a better chance winning the lottery....