Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stein: Knicks to replace Glen Grunwald with Steve Mills?

The only thing Thomas did that was good was drafting David Lee. Just my opinion, of course.

Mike

****....if Isiah can instruct the team on what talent to go after, I don't mind (as if I had a choice). I actually kind of would mind, cause damn....Isiah Thomas.... But at the same time, he drafted Nate, Lee, and acquired Z-Bo and J-Crossover.

He should just never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, be in a "be-all-end-all, has the final say position" and keep him away from the checkbook, he'll spend every single dime.

But I dunno if he would put together the AARP team, and when they fall apart by season's end it's:

I don't know if I like this move or not. I was pretty much done when Grunny traded a first round pick for a dude who was booed off the court (AT HOME) for the better part of 2 seasons, and on the verge of being cut.

I was also pretty frustrated when our signing an amnestied Artest was viewed as some big score, as if he was a part of the plan.

So...am I at the point where I think this team has a shot at keeping Melo with the vision and plan of a Steve Mills or some involvement from Thomas? No. But what choice do I have? We traded a first round pick for a dude who wasn't wanted by his old organization. Even if there's another fabled trade on the horizon...that was insanely idiotic.

The saying is "one man's trash is another man's treasure." It's not "dig in one man's trash, find some refuse and paint it gold.... TREASURE!!"

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Dolan probably butted heads with Grunwald over him not getting the president's title along with the GM title just like Mills got. Dolan is not the easiest guy to work for just look at how many execs come and go with the Knicks.
    My bad, GG did hold both the president and GM titles so that wasn't the reason. Also looks like GG didn't want to go and it was simply Dolan not happy with the job GG was doing. OK Grunny didn't bring a championship to NY but to bring back a guy that failed to do so in the 10 years he had the job makes no sense.

Dolan is just plagarizing the Vince McMahon / Dixie Carter same old 1% are all f*in' Skull and Bones in league with the AntiChrist storyline. We all end up working for the same inbred retards until we overthrow the system....

Dolan must have some serious demons in his ears constantly to do some of the stuff he does. Grunny was a great GM, Knicks were tied down money wise, WTF do you expect the man to do? you want a blockbuster trade with STAT involved? you probably got a better chance winning the lottery....

Originally Posted by nixon7
    Dolan is just plagarizing the Vince McMahon / Dixie Carter same old 1% are all f*in' Skull and Bones in league with the AntiChrist storyline. We all end up working for the same inbred retards until we overthrow the system....
    In that case, I would have rather have seen Eric Bishoff bought in to run this team. At least we'd have a shot at getting Worm in here to be the team mascot.

Mike

Just.. what? so confused at this move... but then again... Dolan.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Just.. what? so confused at this move... but then again... Dolan.

Off topic.. You playing fantasy this yr?

Veteran

Two theories I saw about the shakeup. Not sure I buy into either but there has to be some reason, I hope Knicks fans get an explanation.

1. This was a move to keep Melo in NY and not letting him leave in FA.

2. It's a step to pave the way for Allan Houston to become GM.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    My bad, GG did hold both the president and GM titles so that wasn't the reason. Also looks like GG didn't want to go and it was simply Dolan not happy with the job GG was doing. OK Grunny didn't bring a championship to NY but to bring back a guy that failed to do so in the 10 years he had the job makes no sense.

Over the years I notice Owner Dolan likes playin GM once in a while ....

There's a big trade goin down and Gunny dont want to be apart of it ..
    Or Gunny refuse to make another dum-dum Bargain trade at the end of offseason.

Gunny & Isiah go way back, the destuction of the CBA League to the CEO of the Toronto Raptors.
    Remember it was Donnie Walsh who gave Isiah his first HC job.

Superstar

Dolan gon Dolan

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Over the years I notice Owner Dolan likes playin GM once in a while ....

There's a big trade goin down and Gunny dont want to be apart of it ..
    Or Gunny refuse to make another dum-dum Bargain trade at the end of offseason.

Gunny & Isiah go way back, the destuction of the CBA League to the CEO of the Toronto Raptors.
    Remember it was Donnie Walsh who gave Isiah his first HC job.
    The team doesnt even have assets to pull a trade off.

There no trade rumors under grunwald, so there's nothing for Dolan to step into.

personally I just think Dolan doesnt like the backlash the team has been getting in the media, while the nets are being praised.

Veteran

I read the NY Times article and that made the most sense as to why Dolan did this. Seems David Stern knew this was going to happen and was probably consulted by Dolan before he did this. Stern was highly complimentary of Mills saying he was a great manager and that he had built up a huge network of contacts of players and agents over the years. The players also have confidence in Mills since he was rumored to be the next players association president.

Looks to me like the hiring of Mills was done to put the Knicks in the best position to get Lebron or another big star in 2015. Dolan thinks Steve Mills has more potential to be Pat Riley than Grunny.

Woodson is Glen man they both r close

Woody done much more in short time than few last coaches combined

this upcoming season is final [contract] season for Woody i dont wana know and read more

Originally Posted by bigapple
    Woodson is Glen man they both r close

Woody done much more in short time than few last coaches combined

this upcoming season is final [contract] season for Woody i dont wana know and read more
    Woody will be canned on his own merit, he has shown the one trait Dolan desires....loyalty, and leaving his agent to sign with CAA was a loyalty move, since the team is literally in bed with CAA.

Knicks do well, Woody stays, Knicks stink, he'll be gone and should be.