Knicks Exercise Option for Woodson

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Not biggest thing ever but Knicks have opted to keep Woodson's contract thru the 2014-2015 season. Now this doesn't guarantee job safety if he doesn't have a strong year with the club, but seems as though it may be a bit of a public show of support from Mills. Timing wise, Mills just came aboard and it was speculated Woodson would have less support with him than Grunwald, don't think this is much to read into, but intelligent as camp starts to look confident and unified, don't think starting off with a question of coach being on hot seat is good, so I like this move. Again, I'm mixed on Woodson, but having fewer concerns beyond just trying to win games is good, and it's easy to find flaws in people but who would replace Woodson in the near future that is necessarily less flawed? Just saying we want a guy like Phil Jackson means little unless we had someone we loved ready to put pen to paper. Let's also not forget how big Larry Brown was expected to be for the franchise. So, go Woody, go Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
After D'Antoni, Zeke and Larry Brown Woody looks like Phil Jackson to me. He's a solid coach the best we've had in NY for a long time.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
After D'Antoni, Zeke and Larry Brown Woody looks like Phil Jackson to me. He's a solid coach the best we've had in NY for a long time.

I dont know how can you call Woody solid or even a good coach.
I dont want to talk **** about him because he is our coach for now, but i will give you one example.
He lets Melo and JR Smith handle offense almost all the time, shooting threes, too much dribbling(JR) which takes their teammates out of the game. As a result, team chemistry suffers big time and other players lose motivation to play hard(Chandler).
Unless he changes his iso game mentality, i say we will not win anything with this coach.
The bottom line is, this is a team sport, and with Melo, JR and Woody, there is no team game, period.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
I think Woody is a great coach when nothing is on the line. When there's a big game, he shrivels down to a scared little girl and doesn't do the same things that got him there. That's a big problem for the postseason

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
Woody seems to be a good motivator, and gets players to play hard for him. I love what he's done with JR, and the turnaround after D'Antoni left is really indicative of this. But I don't think he's a great X's and O's guy - especially offensively. The offense he runs is very unimaginative and really doesn't require much teamwork. Too basic, and good teams can shut it down. Also, he's stubborn when it comes to minutes allocation, and especially with his preference for veterans. People were calling for more Prigioni very early on in the season, but he kept playing Kidd 30 mpg until he was run into the ground. Then he's forced to go to Prigioni, and lo and behold, he played great to finish out the season. I think Woodson has been a great coach to turn the Knicks from bad to good, but I'm not so sure he's the guy who can coach a true contender.

bigapple

Starter
I dont want to talk **** about him because he is our coach for now, but i will give you one example.
He lets Melo and JR Smith handle offense almost all the time, shooting threes, too much dribbling(JR) which takes their teammates out of the game. As a result, team chemistry suffers big time and other players lose motivation to play hard(Chandler).
Unless he changes his iso game mentality, i say we will not win anything with this coach.
The bottom line is, this is a team sport, and with Melo, JR and Woody, there is no team game, period.

compare woody last 17 games after pringles dimiss with previous + 50

+ Woody changes D world of Knicks
Pringiles is mr 3 point shot.

but i agree too much pathetic dribbling not only JR but also Felton when Lin was just driving into paint like Parker.

Kiyaman

Legend

Yep, I have to :agreed: with u .. that describe my 2012-13 Knicks season ....

Now that Woody got a 50 win season, plus a 2 year contract under his belt, will he still let ISO-Melo boss the offense 35 minutes per game? Or
Will Woody develope scoring from every player in the rotation in 2013-14 season???
:crossfingers::gony: :crossfingers: