Knicks Sign CDR

Broadway

All Star
Former college teammate of Derrick Rose who actually was a better player in Memphis than Rose...I wanted this guy as an additional pick in that draft when Walsh took the helm. Boy looking back at that draft still ticks me off to this day.

Chris Douglas Roberts that is...another guy who needs the ball in his hands mind you. Has some talent but on this team and as chaotic as we play he'll be nothing but a A-Grade Chucker on this squad.

http://knicksnow.com/posts/3952/knicks-sign-chris-douglas-roberts-waive-justin-brownlee#.UkyvRxZmQUU

I guess acquiring him now is a low risk high reward potential move(although I feel it's extremely slim we get any reward).

What I don't like about the acquisitions along with others we've made.... they don't spell really any direction. It appears we're amassing as much a Motley Crue and Myriad of Misfitted Castoffs with no chance of making a difference.

So in review....free agent additions with exception to Beno and Metta that weren't our own per say except Smith...

Ike Diogu
Cole Aldrich
Jeremy Tyler
CDR
Toure Murry
Chris Smith

All of these guys either make peanuts or have non guaranteed deals so I don't see how they will help facilitate trades and none of these guys will receive any significant playing time unless we have serious injuries to players keeping them out much longer than expected or our other talent not being as good as some of us feel the packaged advertisement suggest

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Chill out, he's our 18th or 19th player under contract, so IMO it's nothing more than a camp addition. This guy will be gone as soon as the season started. After the Udrih addition we have only three spots left on the roster. I'd say Tyler stays, he's got a two year partially guaranteed contract, not to mention that the Knicks seem commited to him, as we kept him even despite undergoing foot surgery earlier this months and being on the edge of missing some RS action. IMO the other two players who will make the team are Leslie and probably Murry.

Kiyaman

Legend
All I could say, "Chris Copeland is making less than $500 thousand in the 2013-14 season as a Pacers.".

Both rookies Pablo/Copeland stepped up to the plate to be resigned. What happen???

tiger0330

Legend
Finesrg would be glad to hear CDR is on the squad, he's been wanting the guy on the team for the past couple of seasons. Like Lercher said its a training camp addition when you can carry 20 guys on the roster and see what sticks during camp. With JR, Stat and Tyler out at the start of the season it's a good idea to take a look at some guys. I doubt CDR makes the cut, he was cut in training camp by a few NBA teams and he recently shot 34% in his last summer league stint. I like Aldrich's chances because of the need for a backup C.

Broadway

All Star
All I could say, "Chris Copeland is making less than $500 thousand in the 2013-14 season as a Pacers.".

Both rookies Pablo/Copeland stepped up to the plate to be resigned. What happen???

Copeland is making $3mil per as a Pacer...no need to beat that dead horse again. Although he probably should have been more a priority than we made him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Copeland is making $3mil per as a Pacer...no need to beat that dead horse again. Although he probably should have been more a priority than we made him.

I looked on ESPN Indiana roster and it had Copeland salary at $473, .. I just looked on HoopHype Salary and u are right, Pacer's signed Copeland to a 2 year contract for $6M.
That is what we was suppose to sign Novak at last offseason, or the 3 year $5M contract we gave Pablo

Broadway

All Star
I looked on ESPN Indiana roster and it had Copeland salary at $473, .. I just looked on HoopHype Salary and u are right, Pacer's signed Copeland to a 2 year contract for $6M.
That is what we was suppose to sign Novak at last offseason, or the 3 year $5M contract we gave Pablo

Yeah not sure why we made Pablo such a priority only to sign Beno and Murry afterwards, when we also have Felton. Of course anything this front office does will have you perplexed and rendered speechless.

Former college teammate of Derrick Rose who actually was a better player in Memphis than Rose...I wanted this guy as an additional pick in that draft when Walsh took the helm. Boy looking back at that draft still ticks me off to this day.

Chris Douglas Roberts that is...another guy who needs the ball in his hands mind you. Has some talent but on this team and as chaotic as we play he'll be nothing but a A-Grade Chucker on this squad.

http://knicksnow.com/posts/3952/knicks-sign-chris-douglas-roberts-waive-justin-brownlee#.UkyvRxZmQUU

I guess acquiring him now is a low risk high reward potential move(although I feel it's extremely slim we get any reward).

What I don't like about the acquisitions along with others we've made.... they don't spell really any direction. It appears we're amassing as much a Motley Crue and Myriad of Misfitted Castoffs with no chance of making a difference.

So in review....free agent additions with exception to Beno and Metta that weren't our own per say except Smith...

Ike Diogu
Cole Aldrich
Jeremy Tyler
CDR
Toure Murry

Chris Smith

All of these guys either make peanuts or have non guaranteed deals so I don't see how they will help facilitate trades and none of these guys will receive any significant playing time unless we have serious injuries to players keeping them out much longer than expected or our other talent not being as good as some of us feel the packaged advertisement suggest

Ummm seriously we are complaining about our camp.invites hahahaha. Unbelievable this is why this site has gone down the tubes. Fools like.you wasting my time everyday reading crap. Tell me. What available player out there will actually come in and take the spot of any of our top 9 rotational players. We need bodies and maybe a few surprises. Other than that every year every team does this crap. We have out rotation set. People need to stop acting like we are a lottery team hoping.for a savior. Look at who the spurs. Heat thunder. Bulls. Pacers. Rockets. Clippers bring.in for camp. The same crap we do. Its what winning teams do. Get over it. Stop crying. And cdr isn't worth a threat.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Umm... guessing he postedthe thread because there is NOTHING else to talk about so far, he didn't title is a must read, but we are getting back into NYK hoops with camp underway, so small news beats the no news we've had is all. Come November I doubt there will be any care about a CDR thread indeed, but right now you can discuss these things if you like. I want preseason games so we can discuss how Tim H looked, if Shumpert's shoulder is fine, if Leslie has promise, who makes final roster spots, etc, but that isn't happen yet so I'd say it'd either be this post or no post at all, and I would argue in a forum, lying dormant is the worst, no one is forcing you to read, and to be clear I'm not trying to be a tool either, DFDH has been one of the best posters in my time here, but calling posters a fool and wasting your time because they are trying to talk something Knicks related on a Knicks forum, well dude don't read then and wait til first preseason game or something

I appreciate the mix.of calling me out and complimenting me. I guess I just feel some fans haven't really been here for the long haul. And as a psychotherapist I tend to over analyze things. And alot of us here have a serious case of Knicks insecurity. Locked in the 2000s. Still thinking training camp.is time to scratch and find a winner. We are already a winner. Winning 54 games Is no joke. And truly replacing injured sheed. Old Kurt Thomas. Vanishing Jason Kidd. and useless james white. With barganani. World peace. Udrih. Full yr of k mart. Tim hardafatherhatesgay people makes us an even better team than last year.

Soooo. sorry for fool calling. But I was more so calling fool to all who make proclamations over nonsensical training camp transactions that tirelessly prove themselves to be meaningless on

Winning teams.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
I appreciate the mix.of calling me out and complimenting me. I guess I just feel some fans haven't really been here for the long haul. And as a psychotherapist I tend to over analyze things. And alot of us here have a serious case of Knicks insecurity. Locked in the 2000s. Still thinking training camp.is time to scratch and find a winner. We are already a winner. Winning 54 games Is no joke. And truly replacing injured sheed. Old Kurt Thomas. Vanishing Jason Kidd. and useless james white. With barganani. World peace. Udrih. Full yr of k mart. Tim hardafatherhatesgay people makes us an even better team than last year.

Soooo. sorry for fool calling. But I was more so calling fool to all who make proclamations over nonsensical training camp transactions that tirelessly prove themselves to be meaningless on
Winning teams.

What ur missin in our 54 win season is our "Old-Heads" had great experience at winning as a player/coach in practically every type of system in the NBA. especially when u look at the HC our "Old-Heads" had in their career.
Will our new addition of players have the type of experience to win 50 games playing 82 games of ISO-Melo system???

Here's something to think about ....
The Denver Nuggets change their entire B.ball system the same week ISO-Melo left, plus the Denver Nuggets had a better winning season than the Knicks the past 3 seasons without ISO-Melo.

I ignore your posts the moment I see (iso-melo)

Every team if the NBA features their superstar on offense.

Then its

ISO lebron
ISO rose
ISO Kobe
ISO dirk
ISO westbrook
ISO Durant
ISO curry.

your melo hate and nonsense ruins your posts.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Thought it was just me. I can't even read them anymore. Its sad. He has no more credibility that's why very few people respond to any posts he makes

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

metrocard

Legend
I ignore your posts the moment I see (iso-melo)

Every team if the NBA features their superstar on offense.

Then its

ISO lebron
ISO rose
ISO Kobe
ISO dirk
ISO westbrook
ISO Durant
ISO curry.

your melo hate and nonsense ruins your posts.

This post is ruin because you don't really 80% of those are better efficient scorers than Carmelo Anthony.

metrocard

Legend
Thought it was just me. I can't even read them anymore. Its sad. He has no more credibility that's why very few people respond to any posts he makes

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Stop looking for another fight and leave Kiyaman alone. He holds the most credibility on this site by far, even by those who disagree with him. He always back up his post with insight.

Seriously metro relax. I wasn't comparing skill level. I was speaking in terms of usage. Kiya perseverates on the ISO melo point way too much. And it ruins his posts.

And you are the only one that starts fights I am allowed to disagree with some buddies position on the offense of our team and that is exactly what I did

metrocard

Legend
Seriously metro relax. I wasn't comparing skill level. I was speaking in terms of usage. Kiya perseverates on the ISO melo point way too much. And it ruins his posts.

I disagree, and you can't control what Kiya post so let it go.

Knicks aren't going anywhere with Iso-Melo and thats a well known fact. The best chance we have is ball movement within the entire offense. That isn't going to happen with a team consisting of Felton, Smith, Stoudemire, Bargnani and Chandler.

And you are the only one that starts fights I am allowed to disagree with some buddies position on the offense of our team and that is exactly what I did

You guys constantly take shots at Kiyaman without him getting personal or insulting you guys. He's just stating he feels the offense is incomplete and exposable. If you can't see any truth in that, then you're a fan in denial. I don't start fights, I just don't allow bull**** or weak**** from members who think they can bully someone. You're on this forum calling people here fools when you've made about 20 typos within three sentences.

I invite you to re-read your post in this thread and think about yourself for a second.