Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Celtics, Preseason G3

Default Knicks @ Celtics, Preseason G3

Here we go!

Lookin UGLY so far....Is it me or is this team so Melo ISO ridden, that when he doesn't play, they look like they have no idea what to do

This is awful to watch. Back to basics needed. First: Shoot. Cant shoot? Pass. Cant pass? dribble. Not dribble, dribble, dribble, turnover...

Superstar

This game is so rotten...when Ike Diogu is your best player on the floor, there's a problem.

Superstar

If Bargnani can't guard Sullinger and not be a clear mismatch on the other end then why did we trade for him?

Superstar

Originally Posted by petescud
    Lookin UGLY so far....Is it me or is this team so Melo ISO ridden, that when he doesn't play, they look like they have no idea what to do
    So now when melo doesn't play he's still gonna get blamed for our issues. Wow.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran

Didn't watch the game but according to the boxscore the Knicks need to sign Ike and cut Bargnani. I guess Bargs played the 5 when he was in, I could have told Woody that wouldn't work. He must be shooting less than 30% in the pre-season though I haven't looked.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Didn't watch the game but according to the boxscore the Knicks need to sign Ike and cut Bargnani. I guess Bargs played the 5 when he was in, I could have told Woody that wouldn't work. He must be shooting less than 30% in the pre-season though I haven't looked.
    My apologies to Mr. Bargnani he's 9/25 36% from the floor and has taken a ton of FTs.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330

Well if you would have read my post in this thread you would have figured out why Bargs played center. He was having an extremely difficult time guarding Sullinger and another big I forget who and was despicable on the boards. So Woody was forced to match up, he put Ike on Sully and whoever was an offensive threat down low while also looking for rebounding presence.

I though one of the biggest reasons and justifications trading for Bargs was because he was the mismatch nightmare?

But hey Melo told us B is good and those 2 playing together was almost near seamless.(rolling eyes)
    Last edited by 3G4G; Oct 12, 2013 at 22:49.

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    This game is so rotten...when Ike Diogu is your best player on the floor, there's a problem.

81 - 111 ...........................

The preseason tryout look ....
    Woodson is having the same problem the Raptors had with Bargani .. playing Bargs as the bigman in a lineup LOL
    Woody's smal-ball lineups has been expose by a mediocre Boston & Toronto, Woody's style of coaching need a 360 change before the season start.

FFF
    all this mess about changing the NBA into some soft small-ball HS basketball league, this is the PROs 4 steps above college ball, plus we got a 7.1 C-Tyson Chandler that is in dire need of a double-double Strong-Foward that score off of loose balls, in the frontline with a ballhoggin ISO-Melo who only skillz are scoring to be contenders.

I beleive it was Woody, Herb, and Houston that selected all of the try-outs .. NO bigmen capable of making the team.
    The players: Diogu & Powell are PF in college, they are not PF in the NBA.
    Woody's only concern seems to be on a 6.5 combo-guard Toure' Murry, not the 6.11 Cole Aldrich.
    Which makes me think HC Woody is plannin on playin Kenyon Martin as our backup center throughout the reg season ha ha
    Woody has no idea of wat Kenyon Martin is plannin, believe me it is not the samething.

We got a B+ at SF with Melo & Meta
    We get a decent B grade at SG with combo-Shump, Pablo, and Rookie Haradaway
    We got a C grade at PG with Felton, and a out of shape fat Beno
    We have no grade at PF, because Woody dont use PF in his lineup
    We have to wait till the the midseason to put a grade at center for Tyson, Amare, and K-Mart.
    After watching 3 games of Bargani in a Knicks jersey, Im still baffled at what position he plays ..
    then again why bother, Glenwald got demoted trying to figure that out.

Veteran

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    If Bargnani can't guard Sullinger and not be a clear mismatch on the other end then why did we trade for him?

As a bigman u concentrate on doing one of the 3 things to help ur team win
    1) rebounding
    2) scoring
    3) defending & shotblock
    Bargani didnt concentrate on doing any of the above in this game.

I think you mis interpeted what i wrote Knicksince 93. Woody coaches ISO even when Melo isn't playing, with all this dribbling. Hardly any cutting to the basket. Its just ugly boring basketball imo. We are going to have a hard time this year imo unless things change
    Last edited by petescud; Oct 13, 2013 at 01:22.

Superstar

Originally Posted by petescud
    I think you mis interpeted what i wrote Knicksince 93. Woody coaches ISO even when Melo isn't playing, with all this dribbling. Hardly any cutting to the basket. Its just ugly boring basketball imo. We are going to have a hard time this year imo unless things change
    Got you. My bad petescud

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I'm worried about these Knicks too, but we also have to realize, that out of that particular 11 player rotation 5-6 players won't be on this on this team in a couple of weeks.

True dat about the players. I know if we can move the ball around for more open shots, and not be so predictable on offense, we'd look a lot better. Defensively, i think we all know where we stand there. My guess closing out games, we have to go with Tyson-Melo-Shump-Metta and Prigs