Knicks @ Celtics, Preseason G3

petescud

Starter
Lookin UGLY so far....Is it me or is this team so Melo ISO ridden, that when he doesn't play, they look like they have no idea what to do

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
This is awful to watch. Back to basics needed. First: Shoot. Cant shoot? Pass. Cant pass? dribble. Not dribble, dribble, dribble, turnover...

Broadway

All Star
If Bargnani can't guard Sullinger and not be a clear mismatch on the other end then why did we trade for him?

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Lookin UGLY so far....Is it me or is this team so Melo ISO ridden, that when he doesn't play, they look like they have no idea what to do

So now when melo doesn't play he's still gonna get blamed for our issues. Wow.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't watch the game but according to the boxscore the Knicks need to sign Ike and cut Bargnani. I guess Bargs played the 5 when he was in, I could have told Woody that wouldn't work. He must be shooting less than 30% in the pre-season though I haven't looked.

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't watch the game but according to the boxscore the Knicks need to sign Ike and cut Bargnani. I guess Bargs played the 5 when he was in, I could have told Woody that wouldn't work. He must be shooting less than 30% in the pre-season though I haven't looked.
My apologies to Mr. Bargnani he's 9/25 36% from the floor and has taken a ton of FTs.

Broadway

All Star

Well if you would have read my post in this thread you would have figured out why Bargs played center. He was having an extremely difficult time guarding Sullinger and another big I forget who and was despicable on the boards. So Woody was forced to match up, he put Ike on Sully and whoever was an offensive threat down low while also looking for rebounding presence.

I though one of the biggest reasons and justifications trading for Bargs was because he was the mismatch nightmare?

But hey Melo told us B is good and those 2 playing together was almost near seamless.(rolling eyes)

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
This game is so rotten...when Ike Diogu is your best player on the floor, there's a problem.

81 - 111 ...........................

The preseason tryout look ....
Woodson is having the same problem the Raptors had with Bargani .. playing Bargs as the bigman in a lineup LOL
Woody's smal-ball lineups has been expose by a mediocre Boston & Toronto, Woody's style of coaching need a 360 change before the season start.

FFF
all this mess about changing the NBA into some soft small-ball HS basketball league, this is the PROs 4 steps above college ball, plus we got a 7.1 C-Tyson Chandler that is in dire need of a double-double Strong-Foward that score off of loose balls, in the frontline with a ballhoggin ISO-Melo who only skillz are scoring to be contenders.

I beleive it was Woody, Herb, and Houston that selected all of the try-outs .. NO bigmen capable of making the team.
The players: Diogu & Powell are PF in college, they are not PF in the NBA.
Woody's only concern seems to be on a 6.5 combo-guard Toure' Murry, not the 6.11 Cole Aldrich.
Which makes me think HC Woody is plannin on playin Kenyon Martin as our backup center throughout the reg season ha ha
Woody has no idea of wat Kenyon Martin is plannin, believe me it is not the samething.

We got a B+ at SF with Melo & Meta
We get a decent B grade at SG with combo-Shump, Pablo, and Rookie Haradaway
We got a C grade at PG with Felton, and a out of shape fat Beno
We have no grade at PF, because Woody dont use PF in his lineup
We have to wait till the the midseason to put a grade at center for Tyson, Amare, and K-Mart.
After watching 3 games of Bargani in a Knicks jersey, Im still baffled at what position he plays ..
then again why bother, Glenwald got demoted trying to figure that out.

Kiyaman

Legend
If Bargnani can't guard Sullinger and not be a clear mismatch on the other end then why did we trade for him?

As a bigman u concentrate on doing one of the 3 things to help ur team win
1) rebounding
2) scoring
3) defending & shotblock
Bargani didnt concentrate on doing any of the above in this game.

petescud

Starter
I think you mis interpeted what i wrote Knicksince 93. Woody coaches ISO even when Melo isn't playing, with all this dribbling. Hardly any cutting to the basket. Its just ugly boring basketball imo. We are going to have a hard time this year imo unless things change

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I think you mis interpeted what i wrote Knicksince 93. Woody coaches ISO even when Melo isn't playing, with all this dribbling. Hardly any cutting to the basket. Its just ugly boring basketball imo. We are going to have a hard time this year imo unless things change

Got you. My bad petescud

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'm worried about these Knicks too, but we also have to realize, that out of that particular 11 player rotation 5-6 players won't be on this on this team in a couple of weeks.

petescud

Starter
True dat about the players. I know if we can move the ball around for more open shots, and not be so predictable on offense, we'd look a lot better. Defensively, i think we all know where we stand there. My guess closing out games, we have to go with Tyson-Melo-Shump-Metta and Prigs

Kiyaman

Legend
True dat about the players. I know if we can move the ball around for more open shots, and not be so predictable on offense, we'd look a lot better. Defensively, i think we all know where we stand there. My guess closing out games, we have to go with Tyson-Melo-Shump-Metta and Prigs

Shump & Prigs are on the same-page on defensive-end, the two are not isolation-players they have to become more creative for one another on offense this season, other than throw the ball to Felton, JR, or Melo to create a isolation play.

Kenyon Martin is our best CLOSER and crunchtime defensive player on the roster.
HC Woody will have to let Tyson & K-Mart get playingtime together to build some kind of same-page chemistry in our frontline if we plan on winning. Especially after the poor performance our frontline gave us in all 12 postseason games
(I didnt Forget!).
When Meta see "Tyson & K-Mart" mixing together in the same lineup with effort to win game after game, thats when Meta performance become our extra 3rd leg for the win (Invaluable).
If HC Woody dont start the season building chemistry with Tyson & K-Mart in the same lineup ..
And building chemistry with Prig & Shump in the same lineup ..
Then expect the unexpected from this team. It's Woody's call...

Broadway

All Star
Shump & Prigs are on the same-page on defensive-end, the two are not isolation-players they have to become more creative for one another on offense this season, other than throw the ball to Felton, JR, or Melo to create a isolation play.

Kenyon Martin is our best CLOSER and crunchtime defensive player on the roster.
HC Woody will have to let Tyson & K-Mart get playingtime together to build some kind of same-page chemistry in our frontline if we plan on winning. Especially after the poor performance our frontline gave us in all 12 postseason games
(I didnt Forget!).
When Meta see "Tyson & K-Mart" mixing together in the same lineup with effort to win game after game, thats when Meta performance become our extra 3rd leg for the win (Invaluable).
If HC Woody dont start the season building chemistry with Tyson & K-Mart in the same lineup ..
And building chemistry with Prig & Shump in the same lineup ..
Then expect the unexpected from this team. It's Woody's call...

A K-Mart/Chandler frontcourt is taking this team nowhere. Prigs was putrid yesterday and Shump looks like he has more chemistry with Jr than Prigs.

We're going to get torched by the guards this year and our front court is going to get out physical by other team's front courts and when I say FC I'm talking 4/5.

Kiyaman

Legend
A K-Mart/Chandler frontcourt is taking this team nowhere. Prigs was putrid yesterday and Shump looks like he has more chemistry with Jr than Prigs.

We're going to get torched by the guards this year and our front court is going to get out physical by other team's front courts and when I say FC I'm talking 4/5.

Dont sleep on Kenyon Martin, he was the first pick in the draft for a reason.
K-Mart LEADERSHIP improves his teammates performance, we are 16-2 with K-Mart.
A tandem of Tyson & K-Mart would put Tyson backup for defensive player award.
Jason Kidd never won as many games in a season untill he was tandem with K-Mart on the Nets.
K-Mart greed for a max contract after his 4th season in the NBA stop him from winning a championship ring.
K-Mart got the max contract in a sign n trade to the ISO-Melo Denver Nuggets .. be careful what u ask for

The system the Knicks run for 48 mpg is considered a small-ball halfcourt isolation set, this system gave us a 8-15 record in the 2011-12 season with the blame going on the PG, it took a D.League PG-LinSanity to change that system to a uptempo transition system to lead us to a .500 record team 25-25 in 2011-12 (Jeremy Lin got NBA Fame for this act.), and rookie Shump came out of his slump during the LinSanity run.

This halfcourt isolation system was not a product of HC Dantoni, it was the system that star-player ISO-Melo been running on the Denver Nuggets for 8 years. HC Dantoni was force to run this system to the point of quitting the team. Now this system is forced on Woodson to run if he wants to keep his headcoaching job on the Knicks.

This system did not work well on two summer league teams, nor did it work well in 3 years of postseason games.
This system won 54 games last year with the big help of several veteran "Old-Heads" coaching on the court and from the bench.

Melo & JR could score all day in a isolation system (one on one, individual b.ball), Felton & Bargani need big-body screens to score in a isolation system. The rest of the Knicks roster are not isolation scorers, they score on ball-movement and moving without the ball, which are Pick n Roll, give n go, catch n shoot, backdoors, ect., ect..
Last year preseason games of Prigs n Copeland consistent Pick n Rolls, who's tutering was that Woodson or Kidd???

metrocard

Legend
Dont sleep on Kenyon Martin, he was the first pick in the draft for a reason.
K-Mart LEADERSHIP improves his teammates performance, we are 16-2 with K-Mart.
A tandem of Tyson & K-Mart would put Tyson backup for defensive player award.
Jason Kidd never won as many games in a season untill he was tandem with K-Mart on the Nets.
K-Mart greed for a max contract after his 4th season in the NBA stop him from winning a championship ring.
K-Mart got the max contract in a sign n trade to the ISO-Melo Denver Nuggets .. be careful what u ask for

The system the Knicks run for 48 mpg is considered a small-ball halfcourt isolation set, this system gave us a 8-15 record in the 2011-12 season with the blame going on the PG, it took a D.League PG-LinSanity to change that system to a uptempo transition system to lead us to a .500 record team 25-25 in 2011-12 (Jeremy Lin got NBA Fame for this act.), and rookie Shump came out of his slump during the LinSanity run.

This halfcourt isolation system was not a product of HC Dantoni, it was the system that star-player ISO-Melo been running on the Denver Nuggets for 8 years. HC Dantoni was force to run this system to the point of quitting the team. Now this system is forced on Woodson to run if he wants to keep his headcoaching job on the Knicks.

This system did not work well on two summer league teams, nor did it work well in 3 years of postseason games.
This system won 54 games last year with the big help of several veteran "Old-Heads" coaching on the court and from the bench.

Melo & JR could score all day in a isolation system (one on one, individual b.ball), Felton & Bargani need big-body screens to score in a isolation system. The rest of the Knicks roster are not isolation scorers, they score on ball-movement and moving without the ball, which are Pick n Roll, give n go, catch n shoot, backdoors, ect., ect..
Last year preseason games of Prigs n Copeland consistent Pick n Rolls, who's tutering was that Woodson or Kidd???

Kenyon Martin has to play 24-28 minutes a game this season. Anything less will make us a C level team, he's easily our best interior defender and pick and roll defender. Martin and World Peace should spend as much time on the court together along with Melo.

I don't mind giving up size by playing Martin at center.
Martin is 6"9, MWP is 6"7 and Melo is 6"8, but all these guys are basically 240lbs and very strong and can bully an entire front court.

Melo has to step up his rebounding his season and give us 7 rebounds. Stoudimire and Bargs can't rebound, so we need Melo to level up.

I honestly hope JR gets traded for an actually shot blocker or play making PG we need.

bigapple

Starter
if JR wont be in Knicks uni this team is loosing 45% of scoring option

i dont see 20+ pts by Shump and MWP
i dont see anyone besides JR scoring 20+ in 50% games of season

JR is 2nd fastest player in Knicks roster
only what he needs is some1 like Jax