Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN preditcs Knicks are under 0.500 this season

Default ESPN preditcs Knicks are under 0.500 this season

37-45 they says

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

JVG about this ESPN says

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Funny thing is he thinks we still make the playoffs with that record. Predicts 2nd in the division, 7th in the AC.

Big reason for the record, Bargnani makes us worse. Relying on 3 pt shooting and losing Novak and Copeland and replacing them with Bargs and MWP drops us from 3 offensively to 20.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Knicks make the playoffs but I don't see them winning 50 games. They don't have the tools on defense.

It's really hard to say where we'll end up after the RS. As of now we played just three preseason games and that without four rotation players. I'd wait with rating the Knicks until after our first couple of RS games. I guess we'll see more of what we can expect from this team in the upcoming preseason games, but still nothing's clear until after we played in games that matter.

Veteran

One thing I know is Bargnani is not going to be the difference maker to take this team to the next level. He hasn't been a great shooter in the preseason and he's terrible defensively and on the boards. Novak for all his faults was a reliable 3 pt shooter, Bargs is not. I think the critics were right about this trade, we gave up too much for him.

Superstar

Well usually espn is pretty good with their predictions especially when it comes to the Knicks. Now they were wrong last yr but are we really going to pitch a fit about that when in previous seasons they've been spot on?

We're going to struggle this year and the law of team league average improvements, suggest we will.

Shumpert could take this team to the level where they can compete with everybody. Bargani's height advantage with his shooting can be big, but his shot isn't money, which means he must do other things.

Amar'e again can be huge, but I don't have my hopes up because of his injury history.

J.R. Smith has to go back to driving a lot every game. That's where he's at his best. That man has a lot of talent, he has to bring his A game every game.

I still don't know what to think of with this team. Even though last season's older vets had injuries, they brought experience and confidence with me and probably the team. Kidd, Sheed, Camby, Thomas, and K-Mart brought high IQ, experience, and toughness.

Martin, MWP, Chandler, Shumpert, and Prigioni can make things happen defensively, but will the Knicks be a good defensive team?

some of u are simply crap talkers why Boshless heat will not win against Pacers this is 1

2 Pacers are also scoring crappy games i still not forgotten game 3 Hawks Pacers it was pacers devastation

3 MWP Shump current best defenders Pablo is playing like payton but this is not big time scorer but he proofs alot in Celtics series.

4. Tyson is still enigma

as i remember something bout 7 game in schedule Spurs r coming to MSG

ESPN can suck my balls.

Superstar

I haven't taken espn seriously in like 3 years. They just ranked Kobe as the 25th best player in the league so that should tell u all u need to know about them

Veteran

Unhappy

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Knicks make the playoffs but I don't see them winning 50 games. They don't have the tools on defense.

We have the tools to be one of the top-5 defensive teams this year in ....
    C-Tyson, PF-K.Martin, SF-MWP, SG-Shump, and PG-Prigioni .. The defensive captain K.Martin.
    We just dont have the person (coach) that knows how to use our tools properly to get the best out of each tool.
    Especially, when the high-scorer of the team have more power than the interim HC, and interim GM.

What we have is a favoritism coach that expect all the players on the team to cover for two non-defensive players who performance has force the team to play a halfcourt isolation-system on offense by always holding the ball.
    This offseason we added another non-defensive player to the team name Bargani.
    The three non-defensive players (Bargani, Melo, JR) are expected to receive 30 (or more) minutes per game.
    These three non-defensive veterans has been in the NBA for 7 or more years, and none has ever mesh or gell with their teammates on the defensive-end of the court in their career.

The Eastern Conference has 4 winning teams from last year that improve their roster with new aquistion in the offseason. The "Heats, Bulls, Pacers, and Nets", and they are strongly considered 2nd round postseason teams that will bumb-heads in the semi-playoffs. They showed something the Knicks has not showed in decades, a same-page team with "Team-Chemistry" on offense and defense.
    The last two seasons the New York Knicks was all about ISO-Melo high scoring, nothing else mattered .. it was interupted by a short-run by a D.League product "LinSanity" .. butt ISO-Melo power over the interim coach & interim GM made sure that would never happen again.

Yeah, no way are we a .500 club...Hoping closer to a .650 club. I don't think we win as many games as last year, as some teams have improved in the east. I'd be very happy to win 50 games this year....50-32 sounds good enough to get into the playoffs

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    ESPN can suck my balls.
    that's all there is to say about that

I predict ESPN have no idea about anything basketball related.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I haven't taken espn seriously in like 3 years. They just ranked Kobe as the 25th best player in the league so that should tell u all u need to know about them

Well they've been exactly right 2 out of the past 3yrs concerning our team and predictions.