Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN preditcs Knicks are under 0.500 this season

Look up espn 2012 / 2013 predictions not one picked knicks to win the Atlantic so no espn is s$&t

Superstar

Originally Posted by bogey1964
    Look up espn 2012 / 2013 predictions not one picked knicks to win the Atlantic so no espn is s$&t

No how about we look at their predictions from recent yrs....

2013-2014 Atlantic Division Prediction - Undetermined
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

They have us 5th in the East and Brooklyn winning the Division

2012-2013 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were WRONG!!!!

They had Boston as a runaway with footnotes to Brooklyn and Philly

2011-2012 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!

They had Boston winning and Knicks 2nd and Philly 3rd

2010-2011 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!

They had Boston by a landslide

2009-2010 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!

So just because they were wrong last year no one takes them seriously? Maybe some of you as msg brd posters shouldn't be taken seriously.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Oct 19, 2013 at 13:14.

We will have 42 wins by mid march and ESPN can shove it.

Superstar

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    No how about we look at their predictions from recent yrs....

2013-2014 Atlantic Division Prediction - Undetermined

They have us 5th in the East and Brooklyn winning the Division

2012-2013 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were WRONG!!!!

They had Boston as a runaway with footnotes to Brooklyn and Philly

2011-2012 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!

They had Boston winning and Knicks 2nd and Philly 3rd

2010-2011 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!

2009-2010 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!

So just because they were wrong last year no one takes them seriously? Maybe some of you as msg brd posters shouldn't be taken seriously.
    Dude are validating espns accuracy with predictions or they're predictions in regards to the knicks. Just cuz they pick the Celtics to win the division doesn't mean they're always spot on and doesn't mean they don't crap on the knicks. What about the other divisions then and team rankings they're always jacked up. But the fact that you anti fans back them instead of your "team" is a joke. Where did they have the lakers last year? The spurs? The mavs when they won? They're way of more then "spot on" as you would say. I mean really don't care about what they say because they aren't experts. They're journalists, alot of members on this board has more ball knowledge then them

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Dude are validating espns accuracy with predictions or they're predictions in regards to the knicks. Just cuz they pick the Celtics to win the division doesn't mean they're always spot on and doesn't mean they don't crap on the knicks. What about the other divisions then and team rankings they're always jacked up. But the fact that you anti fans back them instead of your "team" is a joke. Where did they have the lakers last year? The spurs? The mavs when they won? They're way of more then "spot on" as you would say. I mean really don't care about what they say because they aren't experts. They're journalists, alot of members on this board has more ball knowledge then them

The only reason to take offense to their predictions is because of what they have to say about us. Otherwise we'd see more threads and conversation about what they projected league wide.

Face the facts....when it comes to our team they've been pretty darn accurate. Actually if you look back at their pre-season thoughts about our Knicks during the Isiah yrs in particular, they thought more of our team than we proved to be. It's like if they don't give us 5 stars and 2 thumbs up, then they're idiots...give me a break. Yes you do care hence your presence in this thread trying to stamp them down.

Also not all of ESPN thinks of us lowly. Hollinger and Sheridan every now and then will show us some love. What we need to do is get over ourselves anytime they decide not to feel us. It's just 1 media outlet providing opinions nothing to gnash our teeth, stomp our feet, and pull our hair over.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Oct 20, 2013 at 10:17.

Superstar

The only reason to take offense to their predictions is because of what they have to say about us. Otherwise we'd see more threads and conversation about what they projected league wide.

Face the facts....when it comes to our team they've been pretty darn accurate. Actually if you look back at their pre-season thoughts about our Knicks during the Isiah yrs in particular, they thought more of our team than we proved to be. It's like if they don't give us 5 stars and 2 thumbs up, then they're idiots...give me a break. Yes you do care hence your presence in this thread trying to stamp them down.

Also not all of ESPN thinks of us lowly. Hollinger and Sheridan every now and then will show us some love. What we need to do is get over ourselves anytime they decide not to feel us. It's just 1 media outlet providing opinions nothing to nash our teeth, stomp our feet, and pull our hair over.
    Do I value this board? Yes. That's what I care about. Not the espn rankings. One year they said somewhere that nets were gonna win the chip and vince was gonna be mvp. They are spoon fed their "predictions" and told what to debate and how to do it.

Superstar

Do I value this board? Yes. That's what I care about. Not the espn rankings. One year they said somewhere that nets were gonna win the chip and vince was gonna be mvp. They are spoon fed their "predictions" and told what to debate and how to do it.

Sounds like you've been following their predictions for yrs if you're talking about the Nets and Vince Carter.. So I stand by what I said....you care about what they think but are trying to come off like you don't.

I agree with ESPN concerning us, this will be a very challenging yr.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Oct 20, 2013 at 10:18.

Superstar

Sounds like you've been following their predictions for yrs if you're talking about the Nets and Vince Carter.. So I stand by what I said....you care about what they think but are trying to come off like you don't.

I agree with ESPN concerning us, this will be a very challenging yr for us.
    So you agree that we're gonna be below 500? Didn't think so, so you don't agree with them

Superstar

So you agree that we're gonna be below 500? Didn't think so, so you don't agree with them

I believe we will peak at 43 wins no better, so I'm more in agreement with them than not... being there is a 6gm difference in the win/loss column. Last year I thought we'd peak at 46gms I was wrong, no biggie.

ESPN makes these predictions every yr. The difference between you and I, I'm not playing it off as if I'm not throwing a conniption fit over what they think. I'm not overly concerned with if ESPN will be right or wrong this year, based on a season or so of them not having it down correctly concerning us from previous seasons.

I mean we go through this every yr with them, Barkley, TNT, Simmons etc etc. You'd think we won 3-4 chips very recently with the way some of us act when they see what outsiders think of us.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Oct 20, 2013 at 10:16.

Amare has to wake up and JR / Melo need to start passing more. If those 3 things happen, I can see us getting 50 wins

Veteran

Later for ESPN prediction .. I would take 5 members prediction in KO before I believe any of ESPN staff.
    And NO Knicksince93, u would not be one of those 5 members. LOL

Veteran

I agree with ESPN concerning us, this will be a very challenging yr.
    When the Nets organization broke-up HC Byron Scott and his trio of Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart, the little fan-base the Nets had knew that was the destuction of thier winning team.
    The Nets adding (individual-player) Vince Carter to the team out of desperation needed ESPN to endorse their new "BIG-3" to put some fans in their empty stadium in NJ. Ever since that big failure endorsement ESPN been acting as if they are in debt to the NETS.
    Will Jason Kidd win the Alantic Division Title twice in a row with "Old-Heads" player/coaching-staff? HELL YEAH!
    Real is real...

37 wins...ummmm do the Knicks still reside in the East?

Have the Bucks, Raptors, Hawks, Pistons, Wizards, 76ers, Magic and Bobcats been relegated to the NBDL?

Does ESPN know the Celtics are set ro suck and suck hard this season? FACT from those teams alone Knicks will win at least 20 games, based on ESPN theory the Knicks would only go on to win 17 more games against the rest of the NBA....NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!!!!

Depending on injuries Knicks will win around 45-48 games. If old man KG and obese Paula get hurt Knicks will regain the Atlantic division crown. Worst case scenario Knicks finish 5TH and have to face one of Pacers or Bulls in the first round.

Here a better forcast for us

Veteran

Any prediction on the Knicks has more to do with the Knicks Medical-Staff, and HC Woody insane substitution to produce a 3-ball shooting team.
    How many wins do u give to a no-chemistry injury-prone team, that depends on 3-ball shooting for points???

I am not ashame to say that's my Knicks...