ESPN preditcs Knicks are under 0.500 this season

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The only reason to take offense to their predictions is because of what they have to say about us. Otherwise we'd see more threads and conversation about what they projected league wide.

Face the facts....when it comes to our team they've been pretty darn accurate. Actually if you look back at their pre-season thoughts about our Knicks during the Isiah yrs in particular, they thought more of our team than we proved to be. It's like if they don't give us 5 stars and 2 thumbs up, then they're idiots...give me a break. Yes you do care hence your presence in this thread trying to stamp them down.

Also not all of ESPN thinks of us lowly. Hollinger and Sheridan every now and then will show us some love. What we need to do is get over ourselves anytime they decide not to feel us. It's just 1 media outlet providing opinions nothing to nash our teeth, stomp our feet, and pull our hair over.

Do I value this board? Yes. That's what I care about. Not the espn rankings. One year they said somewhere that nets were gonna win the chip and vince was gonna be mvp. They are spoon fed their "predictions" and told what to debate and how to do it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Broadway

All Star
Do I value this board? Yes. That's what I care about. Not the espn rankings. One year they said somewhere that nets were gonna win the chip and vince was gonna be mvp. They are spoon fed their "predictions" and told what to debate and how to do it.

Sounds like you've been following their predictions for yrs if you're talking about the Nets and Vince Carter.. So I stand by what I said....you care about what they think but are trying to come off like you don't.

I agree with ESPN concerning us, this will be a very challenging yr.

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Sounds like you've been following their predictions for yrs if you're talking about the Nets and Vince Carter.. So I stand by what I said....you care about what they think but are trying to come off like you don't.

I agree with ESPN concerning us, this will be a very challenging yr for us.

So you agree that we're gonna be below 500? Didn't think so, so you don't agree with them

Broadway

All Star
So you agree that we're gonna be below 500? Didn't think so, so you don't agree with them

I believe we will peak at 43 wins no better, so I'm more in agreement with them than not... being there is a 6gm difference in the win/loss column. Last year I thought we'd peak at 46gms I was wrong, no biggie.

ESPN makes these predictions every yr. The difference between you and I, I'm not playing it off as if I'm not throwing a conniption fit over what they think. I'm not overly concerned with if ESPN will be right or wrong this year, based on a season or so of them not having it down correctly concerning us from previous seasons.

I mean we go through this every yr with them, Barkley, TNT, Simmons etc etc. You'd think we won 3-4 chips very recently with the way some of us act when they see what outsiders think of us.

Last edited:

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Amare has to wake up and JR / Melo need to start passing more. If those 3 things happen, I can see us getting 50 wins

Kiyaman

Legend

Later for ESPN prediction .. I would take 5 members prediction in KO before I believe any of ESPN staff.
And NO Knicksince93, u would not be one of those 5 members. LOL

Kiyaman

Legend

When the Nets organization broke-up HC Byron Scott and his trio of Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart, the little fan-base the Nets had knew that was the destuction of thier winning team.
The Nets adding (individual-player) Vince Carter to the team out of desperation needed ESPN to endorse their new "BIG-3" to put some fans in their empty stadium in NJ. Ever since that big failure endorsement ESPN been acting as if they are in debt to the NETS.
Will Jason Kidd win the Alantic Division Title twice in a row with "Old-Heads" player/coaching-staff? HELL YEAH!
Real is real...

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
37 wins...ummmm do the Knicks still reside in the East[FONT=arial, sans-serif]?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Have the Bucks, Raptors, Hawks, Pistons, Wizards, 76ers, Magic and Bobcats been relegated to the NBDL[/FONT]?

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Does ESPN know the Celtics are set ro suck and suck hard this season[/FONT]? [FONT=arial, sans-serif] FACT from those teams alone Knicks will win at least 20 games, based on ESPN theory the Knicks would only go on to win 17 more games against the rest of the NBA....NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!!!!
[/FONT]
Depending on injuries Knicks will win around 45-48 games. If old man KG and obese Paula get hurt Knicks will regain the Atlantic division crown. Worst case scenario Knicks finish 5TH and have to face one of Pacers or Bulls in the first round.

Kiyaman

Legend
Any prediction on the Knicks has more to do with the Knicks Medical-Staff, and HC Woody insane substitution to produce a 3-ball shooting team.
How many wins do u give to a no-chemistry injury-prone team, that depends on 3-ball shooting for points???

I am not ashame to say that's my Knicks...

metrocard

Legend
Later for ESPN prediction .. I would take 5 members prediction in KO before I believe any of ESPN staff.
And NO Knicksince93, u would not be one of those 5 members. LOL

Obama-lol.gif

metrocard

Legend
i am only predicting that Felton can be moved to bench and Udrih can become starter.

Udrih is garbage.

Prigioni should start.

If this season flops, Knicks should rebuild towards a new direction

51702399dabf8.preview-300.jpg

Minnesota Timberwolves Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +7.4 ppg, +9.3 rpg, and +6.2 apg.

Incoming Players
Chandler_Tyson_NYK.jpg
Tyson Chandler
31 year old , 7-1, 240 lb C from Dominguez High School (California)
10.4 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 32.8 minutes
Smith_JR_NYK.jpg
J.R. Smith
28 year old , 6-6, 220 lb G from Saint Benedict's Preparatory School (New Jersey)
18.1 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.7 apg in 33.5 minutes
Felton_Raymond_NYK.jpg
Raymond Felton
29 year old , 6-1, 205 lb G from North Carolina
13.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.0 minutes
Udrih_Beno_MIL.jpg
Beno Udrih
31 year old , 6-3, 203 lb G from EA7 Emporio Armani Milano (Italy)
6.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.5 apg in 18.4 minutes
Brand_Elton_DAL.jpg
Elton Brand
34 year old , 6-9, 254 lb F from Duke
7.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 21.2 minutes
Outgoing Players
Pekovic_Nikola_MIN.jpg
Nikola Pekovic
27 year old , 6-11, 290 lb C from Panathinaikos (Greece)
16.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.6 minutes in 2012-2013
Budinger_Chase_MIN.jpg
Chase Budinger
25 year old , 6-7, 218 lb F from Arizona
9.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 22.1 minutes in 2012-2013
Barea_Jose_MIN.jpg
J.J. Barea
29 year old , 6-0, 175 lb G from Northeastern
11.3 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.0 apg in 23.1 minutes in 2012-2013
Brewer_Corey_DEN.jpg
Corey Brewer
27 year old , 6-9, 188 lb F from Florida
12.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 24.4 minutes in 2012-2013
Dieng_Gorgui_ncaa_12.jpg
Gorgui Dieng
23 year old , 6-11, 245 lb C from Louisville
No games yet played in 2012-2013

New Line Up

PG - Rubio/Felton/Shved
SG - Martin/Smith
SF - Cunningham/Mohammed
PF - Love/Brand/Williams
C - Chandler/Turiaf

Upgrade their bench with more proven scorers and get a defensive center to fit in well with Love and Rubio.

NY_Knicks_logo.jpg

New York Knicks Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -11.1 ppg, -4.7 rpg, and -4.4 apg.

Incoming Players
Budinger_Chase_MIN.jpg
Chase Budinger
25 year old , 6-7, 218 lb F from Arizona
9.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 22.1 minutes
Barea_Jose_MIN.jpg
J.J. Barea
29 year old , 6-0, 175 lb G from Northeastern
11.3 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.0 apg in 23.1 minutes
Dieng_Gorgui_ncaa_12.jpg
Gorgui Dieng
23 year old , 6-11, 245 lb C from Louisville
Horford_Al_ATL.jpg
Al Horford
27 year old , 6-10, 250 lb C-F from Florida
17.4 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 3.2 apg in 37.2 minutes
Schroeder_Dennis_euro.jpg
Dennis Schroeder
20 year old , 6-1, 168 lb PG from New Yorker Phantoms (Germany)
Outgoing Players
Chandler_Tyson_NYK.jpg
Tyson Chandler
31 year old , 7-1, 240 lb C from Dominguez High School (California)
10.4 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 32.8 minutes in 2012-2013
Smith_JR_NYK.jpg
J.R. Smith
28 year old , 6-6, 220 lb G from Saint Benedict's Preparatory School (New Jersey)
18.1 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.7 apg in 33.5 minutes in 2012-2013
Felton_Raymond_NYK.jpg
Raymond Felton
29 year old , 6-1, 205 lb G from North Carolina
13.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.0 minutes in 2012-2013
Hardaway_Tim_ncaa_12.jpg
Tim Hardaway Jr.
21 year old , 6-6, 205 lb SG from Michigan
Udrih_Beno_MIL.jpg
Beno Udrih
31 year old , 6-3, 203 lb G from EA7 Emporio Armani Milano (Italy)
6.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.5 apg in 18.4 minutes in 2012-2013

PG - Prigioni/Barea/Schroeder
SG - Shumpert/Budinger
SF - Anthony/World Peace
PF - Martin/Bargnani
C - Horford/Stoudemire/Dieng

Knicks get their PG of the future, replacement for Felton and a true big man in Horford to play with Melo. Dieng provides defense and Budinger can replace JR's offense. Upgrade the roster along with balancing the roster for more chemistry and a better future ahead.

atlanta-hawks-300x300.gif

Atlanta Hawks Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.8 ppg, -4.5 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

Incoming Players
Pekovic_Nikola_MIN.jpg
Nikola Pekovic
27 year old , 6-11, 290 lb C from Panathinaikos (Greece)
16.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.6 minutes
Brewer_Corey_DEN.jpg
Corey Brewer
27 year old , 6-9, 188 lb F from Florida
12.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 24.4 minutes
Hardaway_Tim_ncaa_12.jpg
Tim Hardaway Jr.
21 year old , 6-6, 205 lb SG from Michigan
Outgoing Players
Horford_Al_ATL.jpg
Al Horford
27 year old , 6-10, 250 lb C-F from Florida
17.4 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 3.2 apg in 37.2 minutes in 2012-2013
Brand_Elton_DAL.jpg
Elton Brand
34 year old , 6-9, 254 lb F from Duke
7.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 21.2 minutes in 2012-2013
Schroeder_Dennis_euro.jpg
Dennis Schroeder
20 year old , 6-1, 168 lb PG from New Yorker Phantoms (Germany)

PG - Teague/Williams/Mack
SG - Korver/Hardaway Jr./Jenkins
SF - Brewer/Carroll/Martin
PF - Milsap/Scott
C - Pekovic/Ayon

Hawks get Minnesota's 2014 first round pick and Knicks 2015 first round pick.

Been a treadmill for too long, Horford will demand a new contract, most likely sign else where. Get a secure primary big man who can team up with Milsap, making these two the toughest front court in the NBA, gives Atlanta an image in which they lack. Teague will emerge and will need a running mate, so Hardaway Jr the prospect makes sense while he develops behind sharp shooter Kyle Korver and defensive mad man in Corey Brewer. Still a team that can treadmill, but get value in return of their superstar that may not resign.

Broadway

All Star
Well usually espn is pretty good with their predictions especially when it comes to the Knicks. Now they were wrong last yr but are we really going to pitch a fit about that when in previous seasons they've been spot on?

We're going to struggle this year and the law of team league average improvements, suggest we will.

The saddest part in all of this, even being the biggest contrarian on the board, this team manages to prove even me wrong by failing to reach my ever lofty expectations of this team getting to 37-43wins.

Shame on Me I guess, I'm such a hater phewy and shout out to ESPN for showing us so much love pegging us at 37-45 although this is more a case of.....

Game Recognize Lames

tiger0330

Legend
Knew someone was going to bump this that ESPN program got it right. Let's hope that playoff prediction with an under .500 record works out. I doubt it but a 7 game win streak puts us back in contention.

petescud

Starter
yeah, with this roster i would had though at least .500 team...which would had made the playoffs (about 6-7th in the east)

oh well, i'd say keep Hardaway, Alrich and some of the young guys for next season as well as the unmoveable pieces....See ya later Melo, Felton, Prigs,Martin and Chandler

Kiyaman

Legend
We have the tools to be one of the top-5 defensive teams this year in ....
C-Tyson, PF-K.Martin, SF-MWP, SG-Shump, and PG-Prigioni .. The defensive captain K.Martin.
We just dont have the person (coach) that knows how to use our tools properly to get the best out of each tool.
Especially, when the high-scorer of the team have more power than the interim HC, and interim GM.

What we have is a favoritism coach that expect all the players on the team to cover for two non-defensive players who performance has force the team to play a halfcourt isolation-system on offense by always holding the ball.
This offseason we added another non-defensive player to the team name Bargani.
The three non-defensive players (Bargani, Melo, JR) are expected to receive 30 (or more) minutes per game.
These three non-defensive veterans has been in the NBA for 7 or more years, and none has ever mesh or gell with their teammates on the defensive-end of the court in their career.

The Eastern Conference has 4 winning teams from last year that improve their roster with new aquistion in the offseason. The "Heats, Bulls, Pacers, and Nets", and they are strongly considered 2nd round postseason teams that will bumb-heads in the semi-playoffs. They showed something the Knicks has not showed in decades, a same-page team with "Team-Chemistry" on offense and defense.
The last two seasons the New York Knicks was all about ISO-Melo high scoring, nothing else mattered .. it was interupted by a short-run by a D.League product "LinSanity" .. butt ISO-Melo power over the interim coach & interim GM made sure that type of PG interruption of winning would never happen again.

:gony::gony::gony:

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
This guy knew what he was talking about in October :thumbsup: for Kiyaman :thumbsup:
:2cents:
The Knicks so-call defensive-coach Mike Woodson never made use of the 5 dynamic defensive players on the roster throughout the 2013-14 season, the 45 game LOSSES were from lack of defense this season.
Losing games steadily throughout the season to all the worst record teams, embarrassing.

The defensive lineup we never seen Woodson put on the court:

PG-Prigioni
SG-Shump
SF-MWP
PF-K-Mart
C-Tyson

The above veteran defensive lineup provide STOPS, after stops to outscore opponents.
A wise NBA head-coach would've put those 5 defensive players in a lineup to give that lineup 8 straight minutes of playing-time in each game at the start of the season to get that lineup on the same-page defensively to GELL by midseason.
It never happen bc ISO-Melo started the season averaging 43 minutes per game...