Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ... 122236373839404142434445464748627292 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Superstar

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    That is another indication of how selfish this guy is. I dont blame him for wanting to make as much money as he can, but for him to come out and say he wants to test the market while undrer the contract, tells me all about him.
    Not a team player, selfish scoring title chaser.
    I would let him go. After watching his game in new york, i say he will never lead his team anywere.
    He is overpriced as of now. Forget about giving him more.

Not to mention his cap hold the summer of 2014(150% of his previous season salary...lol) will be ginormous eating away at any additional little wiggle room we had during Free agency.

Remember all those fans bichin at fans for bichin at Grunwald for not getting it done this off-season saying he only had so much room to work with? Well what do we think will happen if we hike up Melo's salary to the tune of highest paid player in the NBA?

Once he's signed his salary will be more than his Opt In salary of 2014 by about $2-3mil more<--------That right there could be the difference of trying to sign someone like a Copeland talent or not.

Fans will only care once Melo complains he has no help and we're stuck in perpetual mediocrity.

Now he acting like he wants out

Not sure if serious... he just said he's gonna recruit players to NY, which to me means he's not going anywhere.

Melo is a fraud in that he's not really a New Yorker. Sure he was born in Red Hook but he's a Baltimore kid through and through and has zero connection to NYC other than where he came out of the womb.

But he's definitely a legit baller, there's no fraud in his game when he's motivated to play (which isn't all the time - he has the habit of being lazy)

This thread is a real laugher

Superstar

I think you can win a Championship with Melo. His offensive-game is Paul Pierce like (look at his midrange and 3 shooting percentages last year, they were excellent). That said he doens't have Paul Pierce's defensive game and if he wants the max contract you won't be winning a chip with him. Not unless we upgrade at Center. Maybe if we got Mark Gasol or Roy Hibbert would his staying be good.

Superstar

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I think you can win a Championship with Melo. His offensive-game is Paul Pierce like (look at his midrange and 3 shooting percentages last year, they were excellent). That said he doens't have Paul Pierce's defensive game and if he wants the max contract you won't be winning a chip with him. Not unless we upgrade at Center. Maybe if we got Mark Gasol or Roy Hibbert would his staying be good.
    Package jr and Tyson for marc gasol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

Why would Memphis take that trade?!?! Offensively Chandler and Zach Randolph cannot coexist.

haha Memphis is my 2nd favorite team in the league. The reason they cannot contend is because they literally have 0 shooters on their squad. If they ever got rid of Gasol it would need to be for all shooters and players that open up the court for Z-Bo, which we probably don't have.

Superstar

Originally Posted by clumsy
    Why would Memphis take that trade?!?! Offensively Chandler and Zach Randolph cannot coexist.

haha Memphis is my 2nd favorite team in the league. The reason they cannot contend is because they literally have 0 shooters on their squad. If they ever got rid of Gasol it would need to be for all shooters and players that open up the court for Z-Bo, which we probably don't have.
    I don't think they would either but it isn't outside the realm of a a plausible trade scenerio. I think they'd be better don't disregard the importance of jrs 18 ppg. I don't wanna turn this to a trade thread but the trade is balanced

Sometimes I wish we would just go back to the mid 2000's because some of you whiny b!tche$ dont deserve a good team.
    You seriously cry about everything. Melo this and Melo that, JUST SHUT THE F**K UP AND ENJOY THE TEAM.
    Last edited by NY17KNICKS; Oct 31, 2013 at 14:33.

Superstar

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Sometimes I wish we would just got back to the mid 2000's because some of you whiny b!tche$ dont deserve a good team.
    You seriously cry about everything. Melo this and Melo that, JUST SHUT THE F**K UP AND ENJOY THE TEAM.
    Yeah posters were more optimistic about those teams then our team that we have now actually winning...

Superstar

My first post of the season is this crap, but here we go.Melo, please just be quiet, and do what we got you for, put up numbers.Thanks.

I basically just ignored this. Regardless of what Melo said, I believe he'll re-sign with us. If he doesnt, thats outta my control. What am i gonna do, go to MSG and start an anti-Carmelo parade?

I might root against him depending on who he signs with but whatever happens happens. I'm just trying to enjoy the present and ignore all the negativity aimed at us by the media.

I all urge all my Knicks family to ignore the media, not get angry over dumb sh*t and just enjoy the season. I recently gotta PS3 and I didnt get 2k14 right away so i copped 2k10 to see how that was. I didnt even bother playing any games with the Knicks. I dont even wanna think about the Chris Duhon Knicks.

Lets just enjoy what we got now

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I basically just ignored this. Regardless of what Melo said, I believe he'll re-sign with us. If he doesnt, thats outta my control. What am i gonna do, go to MSG and start an anti-Carmelo parade?

I might root against him depending on who he signs with but whatever happens happens. I'm just trying to enjoy the present and ignore all the negativity aimed at us by the media.

I all urge all my Knicks family to ignore the media, not get angry over dumb sh*t and just enjoy the season. I recently gotta PS3 and I didnt get 2k14 right away so i copped 2k10 to see how that was. I didnt even bother playing any games with the Knicks. I dont even wanna think about the Chris Duhon Knicks.

Lets just enjoy what we got now

This should be the motto of our season.

@KingStarbury3: bro, where you been? I haven't seen you in ages. Good to have you back.