Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Ranks Melo 15th BP In The League

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    lol at Blake Griffin being better than Melo
    I didn't even bother to take a look at that list when I heard the returning scoring champ is 15th. If they really put Blake Griffin ahead of Melo then that tells me everything I need to know about that runny sh*t of a list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    When you consider both sides of the ball and team play....there's nothing "lol at Blake being better than Melo"
    You're a clown bro, Blake Griffin is as good as Melo?
    Man this place isnt even fun to come to anymore.

Superstar

Man this place isnt even fun to come to anymore.[/QUOTE]

Like Seriously. We got all types of knick "fans" that hate there so called team. Posters who were more optimistic during the eddy curry era. Senile posters, hot head can't be wrong poster and people who just hate and hate and hate on melo. It completely ruined our forum and it isn't fun. I wish they'd be banned

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Man this place isnt even fun to come to anymore.
    Like Seriously. We got all types of knick "fans" that hate there so called team. Posters who were more optimistic during the eddy curry era. Senile posters, hot head can't be wrong poster and people who just hate and hate and hate on melo. It completely ruined our forum and it isn't fun. I wish they'd be banned

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

That's what im saying. This is our team, these are our players and we **** on them constantly.

Superstar

When you consider both sides of the ball and team play....there's nothing "lol at Blake being better than Melo"
    You're right I forgot what a defensive wizard Griffin was

Superstar

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    You're right I forgot what a defensive wizard Griffin was

We all know Melo isn't.....

Blake is a better man/team defender, an excellent rebounder and passer for a player who plays a front court position, more athletic and better in transition, better in the paint, excellent finisher around the basket, doesn't dominate the basketball, sets better screens, better off ball, better efficiency, better in the pick and roll etc etc

The only thing that makes Melo better than most players(those who favor Melo) has to do with scoring, his ability to put the ball in the basket which he isn't even that efficient doing.

To laugh at Blake being better or really when looking at the rankings objectively(equal to Melo) is what's laughable.

Superstar

We all know Melo isn't.....

Blake is a better man/team defender, an excellent rebounder and passer for a player who plays a front court position, more athletic and better in transition, better in the paint, excellent finisher around the basket, doesn't dominate the basketball, sets better screens, better off ball, better efficiency, better in the pick and roll etc etc

The only thing that makes Melo better than most players(those who favor Melo) has to do with scoring, his ability to put the ball in the basket which he isn't even that efficient doing.

To laugh at Blake being better or really when looking at the rankings objectively(equal to Melo) is what's laughable.
    Blake Griffin is not better then melo. His stats decline every year and he's super soft. If it was an outright trade we would suffer horribly and the clips would def win the chip

Superstar

Blake Griffin is not better then melo. His stats decline every year and he's super soft. If it was an outright trade we would suffer horribly and the clips would def win the chip

No we wouldn't because Blake would be playing the Amar'e Stoudemire role and he's a great compliment to Chandler because he doesn't have to be in his sweet spots and demand 20+ shots and 30+ touches like Carmelo, in order to be effective.

The Clips winning it all with Melo is like saying....."If I had $1mil dollars I'd be the richest person in the world"....No you'd just be 1 of millions with $1mil dollars, that's it. As of right now the Clips still have a chance to win it all and they don't have Melo, they have Blake. Also you can put any Top 25 player on the Clippers team(SANS CP3) and practically say what you just said in reference to Melo.

A poster from another msg bed illustrated Melo this way.....

Melo is trying to figure out how to get over a very tall wall. He understands he needs a ladder to get over to the other side. So he goes to a shed stocked full of ladders. Instead of finding the 1 ladder with enough length, he takes all the ladders out the shed and stacks them on top of each other against the wall and tries to climb the stack to get over.

That's what we have here folks.
    Last edited by 3G4G; Oct 23, 2013 at 18:07.

Superstar

No we wouldn't because Blake would be playing the Amar'e Stoudemire role and he's a great compliment to Chandler because he doesn't have to be in his sweet spots and demand 20+ shots and 30+ touches like Carmelo, in order to be effective.

The Clips winning it all with Melo is like saying....."If I had $1mil dollars I'd be the richest person in the world"....No you'd just be 1 of millions with $1mil dollars, that's it. As of right now the Clips still have a chance to win it all and they don't have Melo, they have Blake. Also you can put any Top 25 player on the Clippers team(SANS CP3) and practically say what you just said in reference to Melo.

A poster from another msg bed illustrated Melo this way.....

Melo is trying to figure out how to get over a very tall wall. He understands he needs a ladder to get over to the other side. So he goes to a shed stocked full of ladders. Instead of finding the 1 ladder with enough length, he takes all the ladders out the shed and stacks them on top of each other against the wall and tries to climb the stack to get over.

That's what we have here folks.
    That millions analogy made no sense and I can tell by your response that you know if melo and Blake swapped teams they would be better and we'd be largely worse

Superstar

That millions analogy made no sense and I can tell by your response that you know if melo and Blake swapped teams they would be better and we'd be largely worse

No the only edge Melo has being on a team like the Clippers vs Blake are in late game situations... the ability to hit that big shot. Some games are tight in the playoffs but the majority of them aren't. Also you play games to win and win by as much as you can not for a 1 possession salvation.

The $1mil example makes perfect sense. Just because you're swapping out a Top scorer for a more well rounded team player doesn't automatically place the team as a lock to win it all. The Top scorer will present other problems for said team in contention. If Blake was on our team we'd be another perpetual first round to 2nd rd max bounced out the playoffs team. The difference here.... I never took major issue with Blake being ahead of Melo on ESPN's rankings, you guys are.

Right now I'd take Blake based on the age factor/salary alone but it's more than likely Tomato or Tomotto at this point.

Back to the money example....just because you went from making 6 figures/yr to 7 figures/yr, doesn't make you the richest person in the world. This is what kills me about the Melo nuthuggers and pillow biters. Look Melo is a better scorer than Paul George but Paul George is the better all around player who neutralized Melo during the playoffs hence his team advanced and not Melo's. I don't want to hear about the torn rotator cuff and torn labrum excuses because he won the scoring title in the last month of the season and increased his FGA from regular season to playoffs by almost +4/gm with those injuries. He was already shooting at a ghastly alarming rate of 22/FGA during the regular season.

Stop being so punch drunk and intoxicated simply because he can score the basketball.

Typical chucker like performance from Melo tonight, in a loss to the Bucks. A game we tried to win that of course Melo Lobbyist slash Apostles will say meant nothing.

Superstar

No the only edge Melo has being on a team like the Clippers vs Blake are in late game situations... the ability to hit that big shot. Some games are tight in the playoffs but the majority of them aren't. Also you play games to win and win by as much as you can not for a 1 possession salvation.

The $1mil example makes perfect sense. Just because you're swapping out a Top scorer for a more well rounded team player doesn't automatically place the team as a lock to win it all. The Top scorer will present other problems for said team in contention. If Blake was on our team we'd be another perpetual first round to 2nd rd max bounced out the playoffs team. The difference here.... I never took major issue with Blake being ahead of Melo on ESPN's rankings, you guys are.

Right now I'd take Blake based on the age factor/salary alone but it's more than likely Tomato or Tomotto at this point.

Back to the money example....just because you went from making 6 figures/yr to 7 figures/yr, doesn't make you the richest person in the world. This is what kills me about the Melo nuthuggers and pillow biters. Look Melo is a better scorer than Paul George but Paul George is the better all around player who neutralized Melo during the playoffs hence his team advanced and not Melo's. I don't want to hear about the torn rotator cuff and torn labrum excuses because he won the scoring title in the last month of the season and increased his FGA from regular season to playoffs by almost +4/gm with those injuries. He was already shooting at a ghastly alarming rate of 22/FGA during the regular season.

Stop being so punch drunk and intoxicated simply because he can score the basketball.

Typical chucker like performance from Melo tonight, in a loss to the Bucks. A game we tried to win that of course Melo Lobbyist slash Apostles will say meant nothing.
    It's not tomato tomatto. He's younger but you haven't said anything about his stats declining each year in the league. The league figured him out and he has no second or 3rd so now they shut out his go to move and he's basically obsolete. What if that trend continues so he only averages like 17 and 8. He's an overrated defender. You were right about the last second shot thing but here's the thing to that. Their all professional ball players, all of them every team has the world's greatest players on them so most games are gonna come down to the wire and u need someone to get buckets or hit fts he can't do either. The fact that deandre jordan is so vital proves his innate ability to guard his man, he gets beat and deandre jordan being the terrific help defender that he is bails blake out. He's one of the softest players in the league

Superstar

It's not tomato tomatto. He's younger but you haven't said anything about his stats declining each year in the league. The league figured him out and he has no second or 3rd so now they shut out his go to move and he's basically obsolete. What if that trend continues so he only averages like 17 and 8. He's an overrated defender. You were right about the last second shot thing but here's the thing to that. Their all professional ball players, all of them every team has the world's greatest players on them so most games are gonna come down to the wire and u need someone to get buckets or hit fts he can't do either. The fact that deandre jordan is so vital proves his innate ability to guard his man, he gets beat and deandre jordan being the terrific help defender that he is bails blake out. He's one of the softest players in the league

Blake's numbers have gone down because of the additions to the team since his 1st full season. Go look at their rosters and you'll see exactly why his numbers went down.

I mean why did Melo go from scoring....

1st yr 21ppg
    2nd yr 20.8ppg
    3rd yr 26.5 ppg
    4th yr 28.9ppg
    5th yr 25.6ppg
    6th yr 22.8ppg

Noticed he was declining in his 5th and 6th seasons? Why is that? Was he not a Top 10-20 player then based on those declining numbers?

Look I'll agree Blake needs to improve his offense overall but let's stop acting as if he's not a force in the paint. Lauding Jordan's defensive prowess is somewhat of a stretch. It's one of the reasons VDN got fired because he wouldn't play Jordan high rotation minutes and sat him in critical moments of a game, then I'll say how were the Clipper getting interior scoring?

I listed all the things Blake is better than Melo at specifically, a few posts back. You've provided nothing specifically that justifies Melo being better than him. Once again Blake is near an elite level rebounder career wise. Did you bother to look at Blake's FG% since he's been in the league? No you didn't!

This goes to show you're trying to structure this debate based on PPG. Most knuckleheads base another player being better by looking at PPG first. I don't! Insert Paul George/Melo example again

Blake's FG% has climbed, which suggest he understands the game better and knows where he can be effective on the court, hence improved efficiency.

It was good to see Melo going for a triple dub last night. 22, 9, 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

Blake's numbers have gone down because of the additions to the team since his 1st full season. Go look at their rosters and you'll see exactly why his numbers went down.

I mean why did Melo go from scoring....

1st yr 21ppg
    2nd yr 20.8ppg
    3rd yr 26.5 ppg
    4th yr 28.9ppg
    5th yr 25.6ppg
    6th yr 22.8ppg

Noticed he was declining in his 5th and 6th seasons? Why is that? Was he not a Top 10-20 player then based on those declining numbers?

Look I'll agree Blake needs to improve his offense overall but let's stop acting as if he's not a force in the paint. Lauding Jordan's defensive prowess is somewhat of a stretch. It's one of the reasons VDN got fired because he wouldn't play Jordan high rotation minutes and sat him in critical moments of a game, then I'll say how were the Clipper getting interior scoring?

I listed all the things Blake is better than Melo at specifically, a few posts back. You've provided nothing specifically that justifies Melo being better than him. Once again Blake is near an elite level rebounder career wise. Did you bother to look at Blake's FG% since he's been in the league? No you didn't!

This goes to show you're trying to structure this debate based on PPG. Most knuckleheads base another player being better by looking at PPG first. I don't! Insert Paul George/Melo example again

Blake's FG% has climbed, which suggest he understands the game better and knows where he can be effective on the court, hence improved efficiency.
    Dude can barely create his own shot. His fg percentage should climb if all you do is dunk and get transition baskets. And did u suggest that paul George is better then melo too!? Oh brother.... I can't do this anymore. You and a few other posters should just start your own melo hate forum and leave here.

Don't feed into it man, its not worth it.