Chris Smith makes team and Tyler CUT!

nyk_nyk

All Star
This franchise is a joke, I swear.

What in god's name did they see to keep CS over the other bigs?? Plus he has the nerve to wear Starks number.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
What? This is ridiculous, I hope the league will look into this BS, ****ing nepotism. A solid big gets cut, so we can keep an idiot and his even dumber brother instead. **** this team.

skisloper

Starter
This franchise is a joke, I swear.

What in god's name did they see to keep CS over the other bigs?? Plus he has the nerve to wear Starks number.

Its a brilliantly stupid move......Chris Smith once signed is now guaranteed his 1.5 million dollar contract..........So now if we cut him no biggie just a 1.5 million dollar lost for the knicks...

BUT

Remember we got JR for cheap because he wanted to stay in NY so truth is this extra 1.5 million is nothing considering the pay cut JR took to stay in NY and not go elsewhere...

NOW OF COURSE....This would make sense if JR was entitled to more money or better yet even was offered another deal from another club....the only club interested was the bucks and it was confirmed in the NY POST today that they NEVER offered any deal to JR..........

At some point people on this site and organization will realize when a guy is 6th man and has the talents JR has this is a reason why teams do not offer contracts.....Chris Smith on this overloaded team with guards is just so ****in dumb...........Look NETS GET KILENKO and we get Chris smith.....MORONS AGAIN

welcometonycity

Rotation player
no biggie, i see it as more playing time for the other 6 guards, he wont be getting any burn

TM is a great signing and Aldrich is a nice rebounding back up big, we wont be seeing much of these guys anyways its the final three spots...

nyk_nyk

All Star
Chris Smith is only guaranteed $470,000

Damn they are gifting this dude nearly a half million dollars. This needs to be investigated.

skisloper

Starter
Chris Smith is only guaranteed $470,000

Damn they are gifting this dude nearly a half million dollars. This needs to be investigated.

The only 2 NBA clubs to offer either smith a contract.....THE NY KNICKS......

LAST 2 CONTRACTS FOR JR..........a super bargain because even though NBA teams would not offer 1/2 of what the Knicks did people on this site would have offered more........

At the end of the day this is our team and we have no choice...when Melo tears his shoulder which is inevitable after not having surgery to repair it then maybe just maybe JR will be our savior....hahaha

tiger0330

Legend
Ike clearly outplayed Smith and Aldrich. Aldrich I can see despite having no offensive game, Bargnani would be a disaster as the backup 5 but Smith over Ike??? Don't know the reason other than they would have to pay Ike about 1.4M vs 500K for Smith and even that doesn't make sense for a franchise that is known for wasting money.

Just reading Twitter and the Smith signing has everyone scratching their heads.

skisloper

Starter
Ike clearly outplayed Smith and Aldrich. Aldrich I can see despite having no offensive game, Bargnani would be a disaster as the backup 5 but Smith over Ike??? Don't know the reason other than they would have to pay Ike about 1.4M vs 500K for Smith and even that doesn't make sense for a franchise that is known for wasting money.

Just reading Twitter and the Smith signing has everyone scratching their heads.

Dude u really do not understand ?

JR elbowed Terry...suspended.
JR shown partying during the playoffs.
JR signed by Knicks for 20 million
JR needs Knee surgery 3 days after signing....
JR suspended for substance abuse 5 games.
JR's brother signed a knick despite others being better then him.

WHAT OTHER SPORTS FRANCHISE WOULD YOU EVER HAVE THE ABOVE EXIST..........

tiger0330

Legend
Pretty sure it was Woody's decision. I heard him say about the Knicks Agent 0 that he was competing like a maniac in camp. I think it must be a father thing with the Smith brothers with Woody.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I read we're gonna cut him and re-sign Tyler once he's ready to play. Nothing official, just heard that's the deal we made with Tyler. A $100K rehab and a roster spot once he's healthy. I hope it's true, otherwise... damn, we'd have an early dumbest move of the year candidate.

skisloper

Starter
Pretty sure it was Woody's decision. I heard him say about the Knicks Agent 0 that he was competing like a maniac in camp. I think it must be a father thing with the Smith brothers with Woody.

Woody has done a very good job and teaching JR RIGHT AND WRONG BOTH ON AND OFF THE COURT....:teeth:

sorry. but seriously who cares. not Tyler nor diogu Powell blah blah blah Leslie or smith will make an impact on this team. you're acting like we signed Chris smith as our starting two guard for the year. and stop with the oh the nets signed kirilenko crap. we got world peace who is just as valuable if not more valuable than kirilenko. we got the NBA sixth man on the cheap. resigned Pablo and k mart. drafted a stud in Timmy Jr and traded crap for bargnani. i think we made some significant moves this offseason. does that mean we are contender no. but no one we keep or cut on the bottom of the bench this year is going to shift us into the next tier of NBA winners.

in short. stoppppp your cryingggg and enough with these god awful threads

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

welcometonycity

Rotation player
sorry. but seriously who cares. not Tyler nor diogu Powell blah blah blah Leslie or smith will make an impact on this team. you're acting like we signed Chris smith as our starting two guard for the year. and stop with the oh the nets signed kirilenko crap. we got world peace who is just as valuable if not more valuable than kirilenko. we got the NBA sixth man on the cheap. resigned Pablo and k mart. drafted a stud in Timmy Jr and traded crap for bargnani. i think we made some significant moves this offseason. does that mean we are contender no. but no one we keep or cut on the bottom of the bench this year is going to shift us into the next tier of NBA winners.

exactly. everything you just said was true except the part about us not being contenders

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Ike was probably the most effective guy from this bunch, he played some solid minutes and proved to be a solid man on the boards.
Keeping Smith is probably the most ridiculous move of this pre-season, the guy can't even play D-league level, let alone in the NBA!
I start to believe that Woodson has some kind of connection to Smith's family...

skisloper

Starter

The Knicks need to build a winning culture and you do not do that by signing a dudes brother when he is not deserving.....You do not reward JR who has been such a selfish and disrespectful teamate and has pissed on the Knicks organization...

We got the 6th man on the cheap ??????????NOBODY NOT A SINGLE TEAM OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT FOR ANY MONEY........NO TEAM OFFERED A DEAL.....say that 20 times to yourself and just maybe you will realize we DID NOT GET HIM ON THE CHEAP.

skisloper

Starter
The Knicks need to build a winning culture and you do not do that by signing a dudes brother when he is not deserving.....You do not reward JR who has been such a selfish and disrespectful teamate and has pissed on the Knicks organization...

We got the 6th man on the cheap ??????????NOBODY NOT A SINGLE TEAM OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT FOR ANY MONEY........NO TEAM OFFERED A DEAL.....say that 20 times to yourself and just maybe you will realize we DID NOT GET HIM ON THE CHEAP.

BTW........yes we made some good moves considering we had very little to work with BUT again not another Franchise in history would reward a player by signing his brother who has pissed on the organization.....Late night partying during the playoffs followed by a 5 game suspension....LETS SIGN HIS BROTHER....its just DUMB