Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Smith makes team and Tyler CUT!

Ike was probably the most effective guy from this bunch, he played some solid minutes and proved to be a solid man on the boards.
    Keeping Smith is probably the most ridiculous move of this pre-season, the guy can't even play D-league level, let alone in the NBA!
    I start to believe that Woodson has some kind of connection to Smith's family...

Veteran

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    sorry. but seriously who cares. not Tyler nor diogu Powell blah blah blah Leslie or smith will make an impact on this team. you're acting like we signed Chris smith as our starting two guard for the year. and stop with the oh the nets signed kirilenko crap. we got world peace who is just as valuable if not more valuable than kirilenko. we got the NBA sixth man on the cheap. resigned Pablo and k mart. drafted a stud in Timmy Jr and traded crap for bargnani. i think we made some significant moves this offseason. does that mean we are contender no. but no one we keep or cut on the bottom of the bench this year is going to shift us into the next tier of NBA winners.

in short. stoppppp your cryingggg and enough with these god awful threads

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

The Knicks need to build a winning culture and you do not do that by signing a dudes brother when he is not deserving.....You do not reward JR who has been such a selfish and disrespectful teamate and has pissed on the Knicks organization...

We got the 6th man on the cheap ??????????NOBODY NOT A SINGLE TEAM OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT FOR ANY MONEY........NO TEAM OFFERED A DEAL.....say that 20 times to yourself and just maybe you will realize we DID NOT GET HIM ON THE CHEAP.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    The Knicks need to build a winning culture and you do not do that by signing a dudes brother when he is not deserving.....You do not reward JR who has been such a selfish and disrespectful teamate and has pissed on the Knicks organization...

We got the 6th man on the cheap ??????????NOBODY NOT A SINGLE TEAM OFFERED HIM A CONTRACT FOR ANY MONEY........NO TEAM OFFERED A DEAL.....say that 20 times to yourself and just maybe you will realize we DID NOT GET HIM ON THE CHEAP.

BTW........yes we made some good moves considering we had very little to work with BUT again not another Franchise in history would reward a player by signing his brother who has pissed on the organization.....Late night partying during the playoffs followed by a 5 game suspension....LETS SIGN HIS BROTHER....its just DUMB

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

We needed Cole Aldrich the most out of all the guys.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    We needed Cole Aldrich the most out of all the guys.
    Aldrich sucks and Ike played better in the pre-season. If Ike was 20 he would be on the team.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I disagree. Perhaps no other team offered him a deal because they knew he was willing to sign for less with the Knicks, so they didn't want to offer him a much higher deal. Whether or not we got him on the cheap will be determined by how he plays over the course of his contract, and what we could have gotten instead of him for the money. Based on his numbers last year, I think he will more than earn the money the Knicks will give him.

Signing his bro, however... not a smart move. Not for financial reasons, and not even just for who should be on the roster instead. I'm more concerned about how players will perceive the move - favoritism etc. Just doesn't seem like a move that will encourage players to play their hardest. You have to reward the most deserving player, or morale and motivation will drop.

sorry. but seriously who cares. not Tyler nor diogu Powell blah blah blah Leslie or smith will make an impact on this team. you're acting like we signed Chris smith as our starting two guard for the year. and stop with the oh the nets signed kirilenko crap. we got world peace who is just as valuable if not more valuable than kirilenko. we got the NBA sixth man on the cheap. resigned Pablo and k mart. drafted a stud in Timmy Jr and traded crap for bargnani. i think we made some significant moves this offseason. does that mean we are contender no. but no one we keep or cut on the bottom of the bench this year is going to shift us into the next tier of NBA winners.

Great post. This should pinned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

What you say is true that an end of the bench guy isn't going to make much of a difference. Knicks fans are just bitching because Chris Smith didn't deserve a spot, he played fewer minutes in the preseason than everyone except CDR so how does he beat out anyone when he wasn't even on the court.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    What you say is true that an end of the bench guy isn't going to make much of a difference. Knicks fans are just bitching because Chris Smith didn't deserve a spot, he played fewer minutes in the preseason than everyone except CDR so how does he beat out anyone when he wasn't even on the court.

It sends a wrong message to the Knicks Players. I know people will say that does not matter but just watch this team implode.....I spend every second of every game being a Knicks fan but when the Team makes decisions that you know are just wrong its hard to cheer for those decisions....The goal is to win a championship and thats tough to do with poor decision making.....

As for someone saying other teams did make an offer because they knew JR wanted to stay with the Knicks....come on and be real.....If JR was offered a contract that his numbers reflect he would have bolted....Teams dont just look at numbers they look at a players profile and JR after the Knicks won the conference title what he is made of by elbowing Terry and partying during the playoffs which lead to a terrible pacer series....

Why is so difficult for people to realize to WIN we need WINNERS.

Look at Copeland last year......If Chris Smith did hurt his Knee is it possible Copeland does not make the Knicks last year. Its moronic.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Aldrich sucks and Ike played better in the pre-season. If Ike was 20 he would be on the team.
    Preseason play is meaningless.

Aldrich blocks shots and gets rebounds. Ike gives up rebounds Amare style and doesn't play defense.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Preseason play is meaningless.

Aldrich blocks shots and gets rebounds. Ike gives up rebounds Amare style and doesn't play defense.

Wow! if someone wouldve offered me a 1 to 100 odds on Chris Smith making the Knicks during training camp .. I wouldve kept my dollar in my pocket. I guess the half a mill salary to Chris will be coming out of bigbru JR.smith new $20M contract, call it a big brother gift. lol

The Knicks will need the TRIO of "Amare, K-Mart, Meta" in their reg-season rotation to play .500 b.ball ....
    This trio front line .... if given the chance to be in the same-lineup for just 8 minutes per game will gell within 5 to 10 games.
    Will HC Woody put that trio-foward lineup on the court for 8 mpg? HELL to the NO!
    Why not???

and we are still yammering away about this guy? how do you know he's not a great practice player. has good chemistry. plays tough practice defense. knocks down jumpers. a championship team has specific players built for preparing teams starting units for games. maybe Chris smith runs the plays while diogu can't move fast enough and cdr chuck's up shots all day. god man. you guys are turning into frank isolas secret clone stock pile exaggeration after exaggeration.

Veteran

and we are still yammering away about this guy? how do you know he's not a great practice player. has good chemistry. plays tough practice defense. knocks down jumpers. a championship team has specific players built for preparing teams starting units for games. maybe Chris smith runs the plays while diogu can't move fast enough and cdr chuck's up shots all day. god man. you guys are turning into frank isolas secret clone stock pile exaggeration after exaggeration.

he made the team because he is JR'S brother and one has to wonder how stupid can an organization be to reward JR with a contract for his brother when he has pissed on the organization,,,,,why do we keep kissing JR'S ass.....he should be held accountable....Woodson will lose this team because he spends more time rewarding those that mess up then those that dont...Coplenad sitting in the playoffs and Prigioni sitting in the playoffs.....its always easier to tolerate a coaches or managments mistakes if they learn from it but the siging of chris smith is just another indication of us not setting a winning environment by making players accountable.

C'mon man stop with this nonsense. If you claim to know basketball then you and everyone else can clearly see that Chris Smith is not on an NBA level. You try and discount Ike but he's done triple the amount of work CS has done in the pre-season. Also, I don't think you get what it means to retain young players with potential even if they are on the end of the bench. It means they will be developed and at some point will be given more of a chance to make an impact. In some cases, these guys actually turn into good role players. While the Knicks are in win now mode, you still need to retain assets for the future. Part of being a successful franchise is to plan for the future as well as managing the present. I don't know how good Tyler can be but he was very impressive in summer league and showed some good big man skills. Plus he's only 22!