Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Bargnani?

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    WOW! u can use this same EXCUSE in everyone of Carmelo Anthony NBA career in the postseason games.
    Especially, the 2009-10 postseason loss vs Utah in the first-round, having the same roster that took Melo to the WCF in the 2008-9 season.
    Funny, because the Utah first-round win over the Denver Nuggets in 2009-10, swelled-up PG-Deron Williams head to where Deron announce after the series win "he was the best PG in the NBA". LOL
    Making Utah HC Sloan wantin to slap some sense into Deron swelling-head for not seeing the Denver team did not come-out to win. Utah got SWEPT in the next round by old-man PG-Derrik Fisher... ha ha ha LOL
    was on Deron Williams...
    Huh???

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

After ZaZa backed him down yesterday and hit the fade in his face in the 1st quarter i gave up all hope on this dude.

He does help Melo with spacing, but man is his defense abysmal. He also can't rebound for anything, i really have no idea how he has been in the league so long....A big with SG skills in a Center's body?

one game guys, chill.

anyway i still got my own word he is way better than Novak in this trade. He will be play alot more time Novak was mostly playing garbage time in blow out games of just 4-5 minutes total in intense games.

Bargs needs to work on his game....if he wants to he can be a good player. He must had been lazy this summer and not practiced much

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    never said we boasted a better front court. I just made the case that the heat have a perimeter driven pf and no center. albeit they have the best player in the world. but the bottom line is we could have beaten the Pacers if we made shots. not because of our lack of big men. it was excruciatingly horrid to watch how many wide open shots we missed that series. the one game we made shots we blew them out. let's face it. the pressure got to them last year and we couldn't rely on other things to compensate. I entirely blame our second round exit on Jr smith. as valuable as he was all season his disappearance was irreconcilable and he should have been benched.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
    I see things different.

Our demise began when coach made the same mistakes D'antoni does; he decided to make Melo a 4, and went with small-ball.

This in effect played right into a team like IND hand. In effect we neutered ourselves based on the dumb toni notion that
    1. Offense trumps defense
    2. Coach is smart enough to reinvent the wheel

Lets look at our 5 players and what happens when 1 is out of position.

Felton can't be relied on to guard his man
    Pablo/Kidd can't be relied on to guard 2's
    Shump off surgery isn't and can't effectively guard 3's
    As Metro said Melo can't guard the 4
    That leaves TC. Offensively he was useless and
    seems to catch "the flu" 10x's a year!

So tell me who is left to play D? When a Lance Stevenson runs through us in the fashion he did... Where was this defensive coach he was billed as? Just like D'antoni he talked the talk but couldnt show and prove. ALL he proved was he thought the 3 would win it for us. As Duke said. . You live by the 3 you die by it. Do you think it was a coincidence we lead the league in 3's after Mda left? Nope.

It looked like Bargnyawny was startin to get going in the 2nd half of the Bulls game. Aside from that hes been a disappointing piece of trash. We really need him to step up and score some points. Our offense has looked really bad so far but we also gotta keep in mind that at least as of last year the Bulls and Bucks were 2 of the better teams defensively and we're missing JR Smith

And although Bargn's shot has been terrrble teams are still respecting him so he is helping us stretch the floor. If he can just start hittin them open shots I wouldnt have a problem with him

I know tonight was just one game, but he showed why we went out and got him. Don't forget, all we did was trade Novak for him. Let's see if he can be consistent at all.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis
    I know tonight was just one game, but he showed why we went out and got him. Don't forget, all we did was trade Novak for him. Let's see if he can be consistent at all.
    It was never about the players we gave up, it's those picks esp. that 2016 first rounder which may go to Denver since they can swap pics with us that year and Toronto may get Denvers pick. He'll get a chance to prove himself after last night, with TC out he'll be the starting 5 and will play big minutes and in crunch time. Heres hoping he becomes a star.

Barg is a tipical europian finesse skilled offensive player. If we compare him to Novak, i think Barg is 10 times better. Novak was a pure shooter, probably better 3 point shooter, but he couldnt create his own shot, rebound or block shots. He was very week physically and was owned by opposition easily. On the other hand, Barg, even though he is not a physical specimen, he can hold his own against other players, can create his own shot, rebound, block shots, run the floor very well for a tall player. He proved it yesterday vs Bobcats. He just needs to stay agressive. If he continues to play like that,then we have pretty good offence going with him, Melo and JR.
    Woody has to, no he must demand from everybody to share the ball, move it to find the open man. No forcing shots.
    As i said before, we have very good offensive and difensive players. The only weekness of this team is the coach and the point guard.
    Untill we bring The real coach and the real point guard, i dont see us winning anything. Unfortunately.

Veteran

WOW! The Game ball Win over Bobcats goes to Bargs .. 25 pt, 8 rb, 3 ast, 5 blk, and 1 turnover.
    Bargani put up big numbers when we needed the win, in a road-game .. Big-Props.
    Be nice if Bargs become our "Road Kill" .. that will stop the boooing in MSG

Next stop .. San Antonio Spurs .. Duncan/Splitter/Diaw

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    WOW! The Game ball Win over Bobcats goes to Bargs .. 25 pt, 8 rb, 3 ast, 5 blk, and 1 turnover.
    Bargani put up big numbers when we needed the win, in a road-game .. Big-Props.
    Be nice if Bargs become our "Road Kill" .. that will stop the boooing in MSG

Next stop .. San Antonio Spurs .. Duncan/Splitter/Diaw
    Seeing that SA held the Warriors to 70+ points I hope Bargs is not as trigger happy as he was in Charlotte. The media is skeptical of Bargs because Jefferson was out of the game and his big test starts in SA against Splitter and Duncan, he doesn't have to get 25/8 if he can hold his own I'll be satisfied.

Help defense is crucial against the Spurs....Need Metta/Shump/KMart to help Bargs big....feelin good

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Consider that Novak had one move, run up and down the sideline and jack up 3s. Bargnani has struggled over the last couple of years, but he's got a more versatile game than Novak. Not a fan of Bargnani's contract, but if he has more games like the one against Charlotte, he'll definitely be worth the money.

Spurs are like Heat but its funny last 5 games Knicks are 4-1 vs them specialy @ MSG
    Knicks even won twice 20+ pts POP put key guys @ bench in half of 3rd q and done.

Once score was even over 120 one of those games was without MELO

Spurs r 5-1 but it was close that they could b 4-2 GSW could tie or take lead none team scored in last 2 mins 4q SPurs GSW

Knicks have to stop Parker and Leoanrd so this is SHump & Pablo job
    Duncan is Bargniani job

this is only one of 2 games that i am against Spurs i started to like Spurs since finals

some espn analyst says 2014 finals it will repeat heat vs spurs again.