Knicks Brass made us a struggling .500 team by alternating Amare & Kmart playingtime

skisloper

Starter
Ekhm, assist/turnover ratio:
Raymond Felton: 2.39
Jeremy Lin: 2.10

IMO a very comparable score, but in the playoffs:

Raymond Felton: 2.76
Jeremy Lin: 1,00

Moreover, also in the playoffs:

Raymond Felton: 14.1 ppg, .444 FG%, 3.4 trb, 4.7 ast
Jeremy Lin: 6.9 ppg, .250 FG%, 3.4 rpg, 3.4 ast

Felton is a way better PG, especially playing under pressure, Lin lost his starting spot during the playoffs for a reason. And to make it even more complete:

Ramond Felton: $8.54M remaining on his contract through 2014/15
Jeremy Lin: $20.12M remaining on his contract through 2014/15

You do the math. Felton may not be an all-star caliber point guard, but he simply outplays Lin... and all that for much much less $$$.

Lin is just more fun to watch then the ISO slow moving Melo ball...

With that said Felton's explosiveness in game 1 was a thing of beauty....

All Money being equal I do not think Lin or Felton would change the win loss ratio for the Knicks if they were swapped.....It does not matter as we all know........

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Jeremy Lin's defense is lightyears ahead of Felton's.
I agree Lin is a better individual defender, his opponent counterpart PER last year was 16.9 while Felton's was 19.7. But, the Knicks performed way better with Felton in the lineup than the Rockets with Lin. IMO they're both very comparable PGs, but considering that a) Felton's way cheaper and b) he has the ability to play under pressure (so when it really counts) makes him a better option than Lin. I gotta admit, I'm not 100% impartial in this dispute, but claiming that Lin's better overall PG and that he's much more fun to watch is just an opinion without any supporting evidence.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lin has done nothingggggggg. not.even talking about Felton I was talking about the OP claiming melo pushed Lin out of here. we wanted to resign Lin btw. fools. but that poison pill contract ended those plans.

its funny. with potentially 60 million wrapped up in four players if we had resigned Lin. Chandler amare and Lin would be the biggest waste or 45 mil ever. and we would lose shump because of it. every single person on this forum would throw a hairy fit and whine. whyyyy did we give Lin that contract. you're all so near sighted and obtuse its ridiculous. open your eyes.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

In June 2014 .. u will have to admitt that Jeremy Lin took his Houston teammates with two-Star Players to the WCF .. before Felton took his Knicks teammates with 3 to 4 star players to the ECF ....
u could also put this as one of the reason Dolan gave the Knicks front-office an altermatum .. "Win it all"

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree Lin is a better individual defender, his opponent counterpart PER last year was 16.9 while Felton's was 19.7. But, the Knicks performed way better with Felton in the lineup than the Rockets with Lin. IMO they're both very comparable PGs, but considering that a) Felton's way cheaper and b) he has the ability to play under pressure (so when it really counts) makes him a better option than Lin. I gotta admit, I'm not 100% impartial in this dispute, but claiming that Lin's better overall PG and that he's much more fun to watch is just an opinion without any supporting evidence.

If the Knicks wouldve offered Lin a 4 year contract (worth $16M or $20M) on July 1st 2012.
Jeremy Lin wouldve resigned on July 10th 2012.
A blind man couldve seen the $25M per in "LinSanity" endorsements waiting on the table for Lin to receive, after resigning with the Knicks. That's every proffesional athlete dream.

If Jeremy Lin wouldve resigned with the Knicks, which Knicks player wouldve made the most money from endorsements that year?

A) Melo
B) Amare
C) Chandler (DOY)
D) LinSanity

bigapple

Starter
Right now any talks Lin vs Felton r pointless Lin is bench player poor everything scoring % poor d but last two games vs Knicks Lin outplayed Felton . So next game will answer some questin

btw STAT wont player vs T'Wolves its means that he wont b in shape completely and no b2b games limited mins 10-15.

JR will b back in 2 games [counting T'Wolves]

metrocard

Legend
Kidd was really good at:
- Rebounding
- 3 point shooting/floor spacing
- Extremely low turnover rate
- Leadership
- Ball movement

Note that these were the things (3 pt shooting, ball movement) that made us good last year.

Bargnani's good at:
- Being a b****
- Rebounding worse than Tim Thomas
- Turning over the rock
- Bricking 3 pointers Which are basically all problems for the team as a whole

People who ****ted on Kidd last year are blowing up right now.

bigapple

Starter
look @ Sheed and Kidd they made diffrences now no Kidd no Sheed n half season no Shump

not a mention beggining of season was vs heat vs Spurs both victrious now slump

metrocard

Legend
We'll finish 43-39. the worst record you can have as an NBA team. Treadmill team. not high lottery pick, free to another team for a playoff win.

Kiyaman

Legend
How is this shiiiitty restriction decision working-out for the Knicks Team?
Six games into season .. 2-4 record

Woodson.... put Amare and Martin on 41 game, 10 minute per game, restrictions this season.
Amare declared himself ready to play opening night, Woodson told him to sit out.
This isn't the way to do things.

No player can give you anything playing every other game PUS just 10 minutes a game. Com'on
I always thought under 10 minutes per game by medical-staff meant REHAB.
What can Tim Duncan, Bosh, Ibaka, give to their teams under the same circumstance?

Whats going on?

Oh Shiiiiit! WTF do Amare & K-Mart got in common?
1) Both are PF,
2) both are superior in a push-ball transition,
3) and both had their lockerroom dispute with our 40 minute super-star PF ISO-Melo.

Oh Shiiiit! Karma .. C-Tyson Chandler is out for the next 20 games.
Will the Knicks uplift these restrictions? making their so-call medical-staff look like SHIIIIIIT?
Or will they rest their faith on 7.0 Bargani, 6.9 ISO-Melo, and 6.6 JR.smith, win/loss record the next 20 games???

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Who likes coincidence?

PF-Amare injured
PF-Rasheed Wallace injured
PF-Kurt Thomas injured
PF-K-Mart injured
PF-Jeremy Tyler injured
coincience how we alway stay injured at the PF spot just like the Denver Nuggets did in their 7 seasons with Melo.
We are in Tyson Chandlers 3rd season, and we still have not found a backup at center.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't understand this restrictions thing. I'd be ok with it if it was only the first few weeks of the season, as odd as this is, but an entire regular season, even WITH Chandler out? Unless Martin is in severe pain or something, he could help a lot. Remember when Chandler went down last season and he more than held it down?

This is looking atrocious.

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree with those that think the minute restrictions are ridiculous. I dont think it'd hurt KMart to play more minutes until Chandler gets back.

And as for Amare, he looks like he might be ready to retire. But perhaps if he had a chance to play every game for even just 20 minutes, he could work himself back into a rhythm and get back to what he did last year for us. I remember the last of the 27 games he played last year was against the Thunder. He got the ball in the low post and threw it down on Ibaka.

skisloper

Starter
I agree with those that think the minute restrictions are ridiculous. I dont think it'd hurt KMart to play more minutes until Chandler gets back.

And as for Amare, he looks like he might be ready to retire. But perhaps if he had a chance to play every game for even just 20 minutes, he could work himself back into a rhythm and get back to what he did last year for us. I remember the last of the 27 games he played last year was against the Thunder. He got the ball in the low post and threw it down on Ibaka.

The more you watch this minute restriction idea evolve the more you see how pathetic and foolish it is...

Amare cannot find rythym for 12 minutes a game here and there..he knows he is coming out and at every whistle looks over to see if he is being subbed out...

Play him 20 plus minutes or none at all......ONLY IN KNICK LAND DOES THIS HAPPEN.