Charles Barkley & Kenny Smith Strong Words 3 Melo

Broadway

All Star
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...tells-carmelo-anthony-pass-the-ball-1.6335723

[On the eve of the regular-season opener, TNT's popular "Inside the NBA" analysts visited New York Monday and offered several pieces of pointed advice for the city's most prominent basketball citizen.

Read further at your own risk, Carmelo Anthony.

It began with Shaquille O'Neal suggesting the Knicks star "stop being satisfied with being mentioned after LeBron [James]. Him and LeBron are similar players, in my opinion. They're both strong, they're both physical, but it seems to me at times that he's satisfied with being mentioned behind LeBron."

Speaking at a luncheon to promote the new season -- and the show's visit to Flatiron Plaza in Manhattan Tuesday night -- O'Neal added, "If Carmelo wants to get past Miami, he needs to do more."

Then Kenny Smith chimed in by saying that though he "loves" Anthony and his game, he needs to evolve into the sort of star other players want to play with.

"That is what's missing, I think, from the Knicks and I think what's missing from Carmelo," Smith said. "It's the law of attraction. There aren't a lot of guys saying they want to come to New York and play here with this guy."

So, Charles Barkley, how might Anthony become the sort of player who attracts others? "Play a little defense and get a rebound every now and then," he said. "Pass the ball."
Later, he added that though he considers Anthony "the best offensive player in the NBA," that is not enough. "Guys don't want to play with a guy who doesn't pass the ball," he said.]

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Ok just cuz shaq thinks that doesn't its the truth just something he's saying. And chuck saying can melo get rebounds is not 100 percent accurate because he does get them. And as for kenny, well who is coming out and saying they'd play for any team other then their own? Nobody cuz that's tampering. Now that I nullified the individuals on stuff that's just their opinion, lets get to the message they saying and say why that's exactly my point about how melo gets way to much blame. Melo is an above average rebounder and passer, he doesn't do it in volume but he is. Most people imply that he's a bad defender and not a rebounder needs to pass more well was this team not built around his skillset. When you build a team around a player it's around their skills and lack thereof skills as well. Your star can't shoot, you find shooters, star can't defend you get defenders, stars to old get younger talent. Its an age old recipe. Melo can't defend or rebound well isn't that why we got t.c.? He does his job and responsibilities for our team worse....much worse then melo. He needs to pass more well he is passing and role players are missing shots, we're seeing that now with bargs. Everybody isn't lebronn actually nobody is LeBron my point is if the players that were brought in to compliment melos skill set and help his deficiencies then how come they don't get blame? Cuz melo is the star so he gets the blame ok fine then if he gets the blame give him his due credit. We're only good cuz of him, everybody else on our team can be replaced with not just someone in the league but someone on our roster. Melo can't be replaced period. The hate is crazy. Yes he could do more but if our role players did what they were brought in to do(play a role) then we'd be better off.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

bigapple

Starter
MELO should just change his game style from crazy 1 on1 to simply driving into paint look @ Westrbook and D-Rose

even MWP and Udrinh r doin that .

skisloper

Starter
MELO should just change his game style from crazy 1 on1 to simply driving into paint look @ Westrbook and D-Rose

even MWP and Udrinh r doin that .

Thats not going to happen with his damaged shoulder.....we are MELO or bust so lets keep him healthy....

bigapple

Starter
but that ISO 1 on 1 wont bring regular scores but most under 40% scoring

unless MELo will b playing like last game vs Heat 50 pts.