Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves @ New York Knicks 11/3/2013 7:30PM

melo is great but his erratic shooting is really pissing me off...stop trying to force it and try getting others into it if its not falling

bargnani actually played good d on love in the half court and started beasting while tyson got abused by peck and our transition d was nonexistant...what does potato head do... takes his out complexly, then love gets on fire in the 2nd half

we are missing the jason kidd effect

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Woodson substitute-coaching stinks, and his offense has no ball-movement plan .. Rubio started pushin the ball at the start of the game, and had us play catchup
    Woodson is terrible. I feel like punching the wall every time I remember this failure is coaching my beloved Knicks. But the truth remains: This team had 2 days off. They came out FLAT on Sunday night and trailed by 20 since the get-go. Where were all these cats last night? I highly doubt anyone stayed home and rented a redbox flick.

I knew we were doomed as soon as Hawes (and PHI) beats CHI Sat night. We actually left CHI-town feeling good, like only losing by a point was some achievement. CHI stinks right now, and we lingered on the verge of getting blown out that entire game as well, until a late flury almost stole the game for us.

We should have come out with urgency. MIN is a good team. I'm not blasting the team b/c we lost. But it's the way we lost.

This team has ZERO equity for us fans to believe anything but the worst. Mediocrity is the norm since late 90s. We've won 1 DIVISION title in the last 18 years before last season. Now we strut around like we've accomplished something?

We miss you jr

I feel like I'm not understanding why Woodson has a job.
    There's moments of the game where even I know our players need to be controlled and yet he lets them run wild.

For example, after Tim had that huge slam is was so obvious he was gonna chuck the ball the second he got the ball again. With his miserable shooting recently you'd think Woodson would advise him otherwise.

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    We miss you jr

I really do, and I feel like that's pathetic lmao

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Woodson substitute-coaching stinks, and his offense has no ball-movement plan .. Rubio started pushin the ball at the start of the game, and had us play catchup
    I know its early in the season to make any drastic moves, but i would fire Woodson now to save this season.
    This team is much better than what we see right now.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I much rather have quality guard play. I like Melo, but not at the price of forcing us to get cheap contracts for our back court.

I'm against trading Shumpert. I still believe he will put things together. He's developing a very smooth jumpshot, he can be a Raja Bell type for us.
    It's not 'Melo's fault. It's like when we had Ewing... Big guys aren't coordinated enough with their body, or possess ball handling skills, to be a legit scoring threat from beyond 15 feet (or so). If the defense forces 'Melo outside, his lone weapon is the jumper. And he's not Dirk. He is streak. If 'Melo drives the ball... most likely he'll lose it, get stripped or a charge will be called. If he happens to get to the hoop, he'll get hacked and most likely refs will allow the contact... So, of course, Melo will fall back on his jumper. This was the same with Ewing.

And my final straw was 'Melo coming out with those comments, and then backtracking... a self-created disaster this team didn't need. And look... it hurt his play!

I like what DOlan did. First time for everything. He said he expects to win. SO, if 'Melo feels he can win 50 games, opt out... test market, then come crawling back to get his max contract. TAKE A HIKE. If we lose in the first round or second round again... given his track record in May-June... Are you investing a max in a 30 yr-old Anthony?

As for SHUMP. I want to believe... but I'm staring to think he's going to evolve into nothing more than a tease. Like Walt says, he is GREAT 1 game... then disappears for 4 games. He'll never be consistently. He doesn't have a natural instinct to score. And his defense is getting shoddy. I trade him while his value is still high.

Look what PHI did with their PG. Dealt him and now have a gem in this rookie.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    There's moments of the game where even I know our players need to be controlled and yet he lets them run wild.

For example, after Tim had that huge slam is was so obvious he was gonna chuck the ball the second he got the ball again. With his miserable shooting recently you'd think Woodson would advise him otherwise.

Udrih is a pro's pro. Where is he? Why must we endure the pangs of rookie mistakes when we have another option? Especially late in games.
    Last edited by mafra; Nov 03, 2013 at 22:58.

Superstar

I really do, and I feel like that's pathetic lmao

If this is REALITY this underscores 3 major issues....

#1 Melo isn't worth 5yrs $130mil

#2 Shumpert is nowhere close to Paul George status or as good as many think he is

#3 Smith doesn't address our massive lack of rebounding and defensive issues.

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    we are missing the jason kidd effect
    I seriously miss Kidd. He was incredible. A shame he couldn't/didn't finish out his contract.

Yet if Copeland was playing well he'd be benched.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Udrih is a pro's pro. Where is he? Why must we endure the pangs of rookie mistakes when we have another option? Especially late in games.
    Because when looks for his own shot he's efficient. We can't have that.

Veteran

One think Im sure bout .. Woodson coachig has been suspect in all 3 games.
    Melo's 17 rebounds does not make him a PF, especially, when we chase a 20 pt lead throughout the game.
    Felton's a backup PG equal to Barea
    Shump & THJ need a uptempo pass-first PG, to teach them how to pass to teammates.

Melo is playing 41 minutes per game, and is 23-61 in fga in 3 games.

Yeah things look bleak at best so far....I agree with Melo. Good player but for the $$$ we're talking i wouldn't want to pay that either....Shump though a very good player, will never be a D Wade, your fooling yourselves. Honestly, i'm glad i'm not Mills. I wouldn't know where to start. I'd def try to look into trading Bargs. Not worth 5 Mil a year imo. Whats he make 12 mil. We need a real PG and help underneath (both off and Def)... Is it to late to get Prigs to drive in for layups...

I love how this board gets all in the panic/rage mode just after three games into the season. Chill the heck out, we're gonna be fine.