Minnesota Timberwolves @ New York Knicks 11/3/2013 7:30PM

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Woodson substitute-coaching stinks, and his offense has no ball-movement plan .. Rubio started pushin the ball at the start of the game, and had us play catchup

I know its early in the season to make any drastic moves, but i would fire Woodson now to save this season.
This team is much better than what we see right now.

mafra

Legend
I much rather have quality guard play. I like Melo, but not at the price of forcing us to get cheap contracts for our back court.

I'm against trading Shumpert. I still believe he will put things together. He's developing a very smooth jumpshot, he can be a Raja Bell type for us.

It's not 'Melo's fault. It's like when we had Ewing... Big guys aren't coordinated enough with their body, or possess ball handling skills, to be a legit scoring threat from beyond 15 feet (or so). If the defense forces 'Melo outside, his lone weapon is the jumper. And he's not Dirk. He is streak. If 'Melo drives the ball... most likely he'll lose it, get stripped or a charge will be called. If he happens to get to the hoop, he'll get hacked and most likely refs will allow the contact... So, of course, Melo will fall back on his jumper. This was the same with Ewing.

And my final straw was 'Melo coming out with those comments, and then backtracking... a self-created disaster this team didn't need. And look... it hurt his play!

I like what DOlan did. First time for everything. He said he expects to win. SO, if 'Melo feels he can win 50 games, opt out... test market, then come crawling back to get his max contract. TAKE A HIKE. If we lose in the first round or second round again... given his track record in May-June... Are you investing a max in a 30 yr-old Anthony?

As for SHUMP. I want to believe... but I'm staring to think he's going to evolve into nothing more than a tease. Like Walt says, he is GREAT 1 game... then disappears for 4 games. He'll never be consistently. He doesn't have a natural instinct to score. And his defense is getting shoddy. I trade him while his value is still high.

Look what PHI did with their PG. Dealt him and now have a gem in this rookie.

mafra

Legend
I feel like I'm not understanding why Woodson has a job.
There's moments of the game where even I know our players need to be controlled and yet he lets them run wild.

For example, after Tim had that huge slam is was so obvious he was gonna chuck the ball the second he got the ball again. With his miserable shooting recently you'd think Woodson would advise him otherwise.

Udrih is a pro's pro. Where is he? Why must we endure the pangs of rookie mistakes when we have another option? Especially late in games.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I really do, and I feel like that's pathetic lmao

If this is REALITY this underscores 3 major issues....

#1 Melo isn't worth 5yrs $130mil

#2 Shumpert is nowhere close to Paul George status or as good as many think he is

#3 Smith doesn't address our massive lack of rebounding and defensive issues.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I feel like I'm not understanding why Woodson has a job.
There's moments of the game where even I know our players need to be controlled and yet he lets them run wild.

For example, after Tim had that huge slam is was so obvious he was gonna chuck the ball the second he got the ball again. With his miserable shooting recently you'd think Woodson would advise him otherwise.
Yet if Copeland was playing well he'd be benched.

Kiyaman

Legend
One think Im sure bout .. Woodson coachig has been suspect in all 3 games.
Melo's 17 rebounds does not make him a PF, especially, when we chase a 20 pt lead throughout the game.
Felton's a backup PG equal to Barea
Shump & THJ need a uptempo pass-first PG, to teach them how to pass to teammates.

Melo is playing 41 minutes per game, and is 23-61 in fga in 3 games.

petescud

Starter
Yeah things look bleak at best so far....I agree with Melo. Good player but for the $$$ we're talking i wouldn't want to pay that either....Shump though a very good player, will never be a D Wade, your fooling yourselves. Honestly, i'm glad i'm not Mills. I wouldn't know where to start. I'd def try to look into trading Bargs. Not worth 5 Mil a year imo. Whats he make 12 mil. We need a real PG and help underneath (both off and Def)... Is it to late to get Prigs to drive in for layups...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I love how this board gets all in the panic/rage mode just after three games into the season. Chill the heck out, we're gonna be fine.

skisloper

Starter
Yeah things look bleak at best so far....I agree with Melo. Good player but for the $$$ we're talking i wouldn't want to pay that either....Shump though a very good player, will never be a D Wade, your fooling yourselves. Honestly, i'm glad i'm not Mills. I wouldn't know where to start. I'd def try to look into trading Bargs. Not worth 5 Mil a year imo. Whats he make 12 mil. We need a real PG and help underneath (both off and Def)... Is it to late to get Prigs to drive in for layups...

a 5 year contract for Melo at 130 million would be fools goal.....Dolan could be that fool.

someone mentioned Shump and george in the same sentence....those 2 are on 2 different levels...

Shump is for the Knicks what Norris Cole is for Miami. I love Shump but he is a good 6th man.

Felton should never take an outside shot......He should drive the ball....we never get any opposing player in foul trouble its pathetic...

WOODSON changing his line-up based on the team we are playing is so Damn WEAK!!!!!!!!!!! Thats such a ***** way to coach.......why not set the line-up and make teams adjust for us.............AGAIN HE COACHES SCARED......
We had a time-out needed a big basket and Felton comes out and dribbles around....NO PLAY CALLED OR IF IT WAS IT SUCKED.

bigapple

Starter
it was 2 pts game in 4th there was still few minutes MELO didnt passed to anyone missed all 4 shots thats why we loose that game

+

few threes should be converted into simply driving

K-Martin will make playoff for T'Wolves.

and this can be 1-3 with Bobcats.

Knicks so bad finishing around the basket.

sorry guys... it's just so painfully funny.

10659725894_ebc6e6d40e_o.gif

tiger0330

Legend
I've been a fan of Woody but him not having a set lineup yet is disturbing. The 76ers have one even with all the major changes they made and are playing great team bball, really like what that new coach Brown is doing with that young team. They're for real, it's not just MCW, barring injuries I think they finish over .500 and make the playoffs.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
One think Im sure bout .. Woodson coachig has been suspect in all 3 games.
Melo's 17 rebounds does not make him a PF, especially, when we chase a 20 pt lead throughout the game.
Felton's a backup PG equal to Barea
Shump & THJ need a uptempo pass-first PG, to teach them how to pass to teammates.

Melo is playing 41 minutes per game, and is 23-61 in fga in 3 games.

Good post!

And when it mattered most, to close out the 4th and win the last two games.... Melo is 0-9 with 2 turnovers.

skisloper

Starter
I've been a fan of Woody but him not having a set lineup yet is disturbing. The 76ers have one even with all the major changes they made and are playing great team bball, really like what that new coach Brown is doing with that young team. They're for real, it's not just MCW, barring injuries I think they finish over .500 and make the playoffs.

minny had 2 new starters in Martin and Butler last night.....they seemed to be in a fine grove and nothing seemed to change as the bench came in.......

Woodson trying to find his line up and what works is pathetic.......Guys do not know where they stand and what they should expect on any given night because truth is Woodson has no idea....I am sure every player must wonder where Stats minutes will come from...who sits and why ????

Dont worry JR will be back and rest assure JR AND MELO will have 38 minutes each no matter how bad their shooting , passing or defense is.........

We need a coach who sets a starting line-up and does not switch every game....

Please dont say he is trying to find out what works.....he has already said he will adjust the line-up based on who the Knicks are playing.........Thats so weak and shows such a lack of confidence.

metrocard

Legend
I love how this board gets all in the panic/rage mode just after three games into the season. Chill the heck out, we're gonna be fine.

Even if we start to win a few games, what are they for? To be a 5th seed team to be eliminated easy in the playoffs?

Kiyaman

Legend
minny had 2 new starters in Martin and Butler last night.....they seemed to be in a fine grove and nothing seemed to change as the bench came in.......

Woodson trying to find his line up and what works is pathetic.......Guys do not know where they stand and what they should expect on any given night because truth is Woodson has no idea....I am sure every player must wonder where Stats minutes will come from...who sits and why ????

Dont worry JR will be back and rest assure JR AND MELO will have 38 minutes each no matter how bad their shooting , passing or defense is.........

We need a coach who sets a starting line-up and does not switch every game....

Please dont say he is trying to find out what works.....he has already said he will adjust the line-up based on who the Knicks are playing.........Thats so weak and shows such a lack of confidence.

HC Woodson equals Denver Nuggets ex-HC Karl .. having so much talent on the Nuggets roster season after season, but forcing the team to play to ISO-Melo's best talents game after game (3-guard lineup).

26-19 score with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Minny went on a 14-0 run in those 3 minutes (40-19).
Minny had a 5 point lead with 4 minutes left in the game.
Should rookie THJ after committing two rookie mistakes be in the lineup for the final 5 minutes of a close game? or should experience players Meta or K-Mart be in the closing crunchtime lineup?

tiger0330

Legend
HC Woodson equals Denver Nuggets ex-HC Karl .. having so much talent on the Nuggets roster season after season, but forcing the team to play to ISO-Melo's best talents game after game (3-guard lineup).

26-19 score with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Minny went on a 14-0 run in those 3 minutes (40-19).
Minny had a 5 point lead with 4 minutes left in the game.
Should rookie THJ after committing two rookie mistakes be in the lineup for the final 5 minutes of a close game? or should experience players Meta or K-Mart be in the closing crunchtime lineup?
Another questionable move by Woody, it's not like Timmy was shooting lights out but in both the Chi game and this game he had Timmy in during crunch time. I don't really care for Bargs but I wouldn't question it if he had him in instead of Timmy in crunch time.