Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves @ New York Knicks 11/3/2013 7:30PM

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    Yeah things look bleak at best so far....I agree with Melo. Good player but for the $$$ we're talking i wouldn't want to pay that either....Shump though a very good player, will never be a D Wade, your fooling yourselves. Honestly, i'm glad i'm not Mills. I wouldn't know where to start. I'd def try to look into trading Bargs. Not worth 5 Mil a year imo. Whats he make 12 mil. We need a real PG and help underneath (both off and Def)... Is it to late to get Prigs to drive in for layups...

a 5 year contract for Melo at 130 million would be fools goal.....Dolan could be that fool.

someone mentioned Shump and george in the same sentence....those 2 are on 2 different levels...

Shump is for the Knicks what Norris Cole is for Miami. I love Shump but he is a good 6th man.

Felton should never take an outside shot......He should drive the ball....we never get any opposing player in foul trouble its pathetic...

WOODSON changing his line-up based on the team we are playing is so Damn WEAK!!!!!!!!!!! Thats such a ***** way to coach.......why not set the line-up and make teams adjust for us.............AGAIN HE COACHES SCARED......
    We had a time-out needed a big basket and Felton comes out and dribbles around....NO PLAY CALLED OR IF IT WAS IT SUCKED.

it was 2 pts game in 4th there was still few minutes MELO didnt passed to anyone missed all 4 shots thats why we loose that game

+

few threes should be converted into simply driving

K-Martin will make playoff for T'Wolves.

and this can be 1-3 with Bobcats.

Lurker

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Knicks so bad finishing around the basket.
    sorry guys... it's just so painfully funny.

Veteran

I've been a fan of Woody but him not having a set lineup yet is disturbing. The 76ers have one even with all the major changes they made and are playing great team bball, really like what that new coach Brown is doing with that young team. They're for real, it's not just MCW, barring injuries I think they finish over .500 and make the playoffs.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Nov 04, 2013 at 07:35.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    One think Im sure bout .. Woodson coachig has been suspect in all 3 games.
    Melo's 17 rebounds does not make him a PF, especially, when we chase a 20 pt lead throughout the game.
    Felton's a backup PG equal to Barea
    Shump & THJ need a uptempo pass-first PG, to teach them how to pass to teammates.

Melo is playing 41 minutes per game, and is 23-61 in fga in 3 games.
    Good post!

And when it mattered most, to close out the 4th and win the last two games.... Melo is 0-9 with 2 turnovers.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I've been a fan of Woody but him not having a set lineup yet is disturbing. The 76ers have one even with all the major changes they made and are playing great team bball, really like what that new coach Brown is doing with that young team. They're for real, it's not just MCW, barring injuries I think they finish over .500 and make the playoffs.

minny had 2 new starters in Martin and Butler last night.....they seemed to be in a fine grove and nothing seemed to change as the bench came in.......

Woodson trying to find his line up and what works is pathetic.......Guys do not know where they stand and what they should expect on any given night because truth is Woodson has no idea....I am sure every player must wonder where Stats minutes will come from...who sits and why ????

Dont worry JR will be back and rest assure JR AND MELO will have 38 minutes each no matter how bad their shooting , passing or defense is.........

We need a coach who sets a starting line-up and does not switch every game....

Please dont say he is trying to find out what works.....he has already said he will adjust the line-up based on who the Knicks are playing.........Thats so weak and shows such a lack of confidence.

Veteran

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    We miss you jr

Lets say it right, "we won having bench-depth"
    We miss our bench-weapons .. in JR, Novak, Copeland, Kurt, and HC Jason Kidd.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Lercher
    I love how this board gets all in the panic/rage mode just after three games into the season. Chill the heck out, we're gonna be fine.
    Even if we start to win a few games, what are they for? To be a 5th seed team to be eliminated easy in the playoffs?

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    minny had 2 new starters in Martin and Butler last night.....they seemed to be in a fine grove and nothing seemed to change as the bench came in.......

Woodson trying to find his line up and what works is pathetic.......Guys do not know where they stand and what they should expect on any given night because truth is Woodson has no idea....I am sure every player must wonder where Stats minutes will come from...who sits and why ????

Dont worry JR will be back and rest assure JR AND MELO will have 38 minutes each no matter how bad their shooting , passing or defense is.........

We need a coach who sets a starting line-up and does not switch every game....

Please dont say he is trying to find out what works.....he has already said he will adjust the line-up based on who the Knicks are playing.........Thats so weak and shows such a lack of confidence.

HC Woodson equals Denver Nuggets ex-HC Karl .. having so much talent on the Nuggets roster season after season, but forcing the team to play to ISO-Melo's best talents game after game (3-guard lineup).

26-19 score with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Minny went on a 14-0 run in those 3 minutes (40-19).
    Minny had a 5 point lead with 4 minutes left in the game.
    Should rookie THJ after committing two rookie mistakes be in the lineup for the final 5 minutes of a close game? or should experience players Meta or K-Mart be in the closing crunchtime lineup?

Veteran

HC Woodson equals Denver Nuggets ex-HC Karl .. having so much talent on the Nuggets roster season after season, but forcing the team to play to ISO-Melo's best talents game after game (3-guard lineup).

26-19 score with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Minny went on a 14-0 run in those 3 minutes (40-19).
    Should rookie THJ after committing two rookie mistakes be in the lineup for the final 5 minutes of a close game? or should experience players Meta or K-Mart be in the closing crunchtime lineup?
    Another questionable move by Woody, it's not like Timmy was shooting lights out but in both the Chi game and this game he had Timmy in during crunch time. I don't really care for Bargs but I wouldn't question it if he had him in instead of Timmy in crunch time.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    I really do, and I feel like that's pathetic lmao
    It is pathetic. Jr is an older version of Hardaway junior.
    JR is not the answer to the fundamental problems of this team. Actually JR is one of them.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Lercher[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]I love how this board gets all in the panic/rage mode just after three games into the season. Chill the heck out, we're gonna be fine.

When a HC is givin a high salary cap roster (the Knicks) of 15 players with no injuries he should have a 3-0 record, not a 1-2 record.
    A 1-2 record mean we started the season experimenting giving 12 players 10 or more minutes of playingtime to develope player chemistry.
    We didnt do that in any of the 3 games.

We will only win games consistently with our bench-depth .. bench-scoring, bench-rebounding, bench-assist, bench-turnovers, and bench-chemistry.
    Look at our 7 bench-players .. Amare, K-Mart, Meta, THJ, Prigioni, Beno, Murry, Cole .. the average NBA team would make a starter lineup out of our bench-players.

Our 3 games showed we are still looking for players to fit into the starter-lineup with Tyson/Melo/Felton.
    We are not meshing benchplayers with benchplayers, but we are expecting our benchplayers to keep us in the game.
    Our 3 games all had 17 to 25 point leads...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Am I the only one thinks Tim Hardaway Jr is overrated? It's hard to call a rookie overrated, but I project his full potential to be nothing special. Lavar Postell type player with great athleticism.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Am I the only one thinks Tim Hardaway Jr is overrated? It's hard to call a rookie overrated, but I project his full potential to be nothing special. Lavar Postell type player with great athleticism.
    If anyone is overrating him it's possibly because of his name. To me he's a usual rookie with talent, and has a long way to go.

Murry impressed me. I'd like to see him get a shot as well.

Veteran

A rookier shooting 0-7 from 3 point range......where is a team leader or coach I mean on what other NBA TEAM doe s a rook go 0-5 on 3 pointers have the balls to keep shooting........Woody needs to be held accountable.