Benchwarmer
Let me be the first of many...

FIRE WOODSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KBlack25

Starter
Knicks lost this game because Mike Woodson can't figure out who is best five are even though everyone in the world can see it.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Yeah, you have all the time in the world, guys. Keep dribbling.

Poorly coached, little discipline and no accountability ..Clearly powers that be did not watch Woodson coach the Hawks.

Long run better to have a woeful opening to the season to give organization clear options.

1. Blow up team, trade Melo and Tyson and tank.

2. Fire Woodson and bring in a real coach.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Knicks lost this game because Mike Woodson can't figure out who is best five are even though everyone in the world can see it.
We lost because Woodson can't keep our young horses in check. Both Shump and Hardaway are fun to watch, but they need to get tempered. It's Shump's 3rd season, but he still makes many rookie mistakes. Hardaway despite [probably] getting on the top plays of the week list chucked as away. But, I also agree Woodson's experimenting too much with the rotation, but it all comes down to what guys like Clyde or Hahn keep saying, this team doesn't know who they are and it takes time to get a clear identity. We're 1-2 so far, but we've got 79 games left in the season, so I guess we're gonna be fine.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicksince 93 .... u could learn somethin from reading this game-thread.
In my Knicks schedule I had this game down as a WIN...

mafra

Legend
Melo wants to be a free agent so bad then trade him at the deadline. I'm done with his ****.

I totally agree, 100%, with this sentiment.

After the fiasco that was the 00s, our slight slimmer of glory was truncated to a mere half season b/c Melo had to get his - he wanted a trade b/c he was looking for the max. If it was about winning... he makes a public statement to the effect (or should I say, his camp leaks information): "I love DENVER but at this stage in my career, I am looking forward to a new challenge, and the bright lights of Broadway are calling." In other words, DEN is left with this choice: trade 'Melo to NYK for something or lose him for nothing.

Did 'Melo do this? Nope. So Knicks end up having to trade all their young talent PLUS draft picks to bring 'Melo in, when they could've had him for free that following July. OK, I forgave 'Melo b/c he was worried about lockout, about maybe losing 20-30 million... Not like we traded away Moses Malone and Larry Bird... Still, it was principle.

And then... fast fwd a few years.... 2 sweeps out of the playoffs... 0-8... then, in a season where everything broke perfectly for us, we get upset by INDY... And here we are... supposedly we finally arrived... rebuilt team and put pieces in place for 'Melo to pull a Dirk... AND WHAT DOES THIS IDIOT DO? For know reason I can fathom, on the doorstep of the season beginning, he tells the world he is in the mood to be courted, and looks forward to finally being a free agent. Woe is me, 'Melo. Making a few hundred million is so hard... Only having suitors shower you with adulation can make the pain go away.

AND THIS BRINGS US BACK TO HIS ARRIVAL HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. If the plan all along was to opt out, then why did he demand to come here via trade... early... at the cost of hurting this roster... when the last 2 years of the deal wouldn't matter anyway. He wouldn't have lost a penny had he signed a 3-4 years deal as a free agent.

I don't care if he plans on opting out or not... he should opt out and get more money... by why pull a D-Howard... what good does it to anybody to go public? Keep your mouth shut.... Say the focus is on THIS SEASON.

And, sure enough... 'Melo has been brutal in the 4th quarter of all three games. We are fortunate we are not 0-3, and to be frank.... NOTHING has changed that leads me to believe we are anything more than a 2nd round playoff team.

If we are to rely on Melo, JR Smith & Shumpert? HOLY COW.... we are doomed.

I see it clearly now... It's so overrated this notion that Melo is priceless b/c he delivers in the clutch. The dude is a PF. A streak shooter. If this is your #1 option, you're gonna lose 4/6 when you need your horse. It's why 'Melo is a post season catastrophe in his career.

Did Spencer Hawes have any trouble against that CHI defense draining the game winning shot the other night with 5 seconds left?

This is why I would seriously let him walk if he opts out. Carmelo Anthony, on this team with this talent, isn't worth a max contract. This team isn't winning anything, so why pretend and hamper our efforts to seriously rebuild?

And while we're at it: Enough with this Shumpert tease. He's a SG who cannot score, makes nobody better, and his defense has been terrible every since the injury. His man scored what tonight? He cares more about his rep, his career, his off court stuff... Trade him while he still has any value.

B/C... again... This team wont win anything if Felton-Shump are the starting guards. Not enough offense.

This is a GUARD league now. Be honest, would you rather have Carmelo on a max contract next year or Bledsoe making a few mil?

mafra

Legend
We lost because Woodson can't keep our young horses in check. Both Shump and Hardaway are fun to watch, but they need to get tempered. It's Shump's 3rd season, but he still makes many rookie mistakes. Hardaway despite [probably] getting on the top plays of the week list chucked as away. But, I also agree Woodson's experimenting too much with the rotation, but it all comes down to what guys like Clyde or Hahn keep saying, this team doesn't know who they are and it takes time to get a clear identity. We're 1-2 so far, but we've got 79 games left in the season, so I guess we're gonna be fine.

This is the story of the 'Melo era. Same old motto for 4 years now.

We lost b/c we're nothing more than average.

I would rather have MIN's roster than ours. Rubio-Martin better than Felton-Shump. They got a nasty PF-C combo.

This is a guard league... and we have below avg guard collection. Felton has heart but he's limited. Shump is still making mistakes b/c he's not that good. He has talent but that injury ruined him. His only concern now is getting his, being something he's not, all to ensure he gets his next contract. I keep hearing about this kid, but on most nights the other team lines up at the circle for tipoff and have the better SG. Our coach is a fool. His rotations are awful.

Kiyaman

Legend

Woodson substitute-coaching stinks, and his offense has no ball-movement plan .. Rubio started pushin the ball at the start of the game, and had us play catchup

metrocard

Legend
I totally agree, 100%, with this sentiment.

After the fiasco that was the 00s, our slight slimmer of glory was truncated to a mere half season b/c Melo had to get his - he wanted a trade b/c he was looking for the max. If it was about winning... he makes a public statement to the effect (or should I say, his camp leaks information): "I love DENVER but at this stage in my career, I am looking forward to a new challenge, and the bright lights of Broadway are calling." In other words, DEN is left with this choice: trade 'Melo to NYK for something or lose him for nothing.

Did 'Melo do this? Nope. So Knicks end up having to trade all their young talent PLUS draft picks to bring 'Melo in, when they could've had him for free that following July. OK, I forgave 'Melo b/c he was worried about lockout, about maybe losing 20-30 million... Not like we traded away Moses Malone and Larry Bird... Still, it was principle.

And then... fast fwd a few years.... 2 sweeps out of the playoffs... 0-8... then, in a season where everything broke perfectly for us, we get upset by INDY... And here we are... supposedly we finally arrived... rebuilt team and put pieces in place for 'Melo to pull a Dirk... AND WHAT DOES THIS IDIOT DO? For know reason I can fathom, on the doorstep of the season beginning, he tells the world he is in the mood to be courted, and looks forward to finally being a free agent. Woe is me, 'Melo. Making a few hundred million is so hard... Only having suitors shower you with adulation can make the pain go away.

AND THIS BRINGS US BACK TO HIS ARRIVAL HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. If the plan all along was to opt out, then why did he demand to come here via trade... early... at the cost of hurting this roster... when the last 2 years of the deal wouldn't matter anyway. He wouldn't have lost a penny had he signed a 3-4 years deal as a free agent.

I don't care if he plans on opting out or not... he should opt out and get more money... by why pull a D-Howard... what good does it to anybody to go public? Keep your mouth shut.... Say the focus is on THIS SEASON.

And, sure enough... 'Melo has been brutal in the 4th quarter of all three games. We are fortunate we are not 0-3, and to be frank.... NOTHING has changed that leads me to believe we are anything more than a 2nd round playoff team.

If we are to rely on Melo, JR Smith & Shumpert? HOLY COW.... we are doomed.

I see it clearly now... It's so overrated this notion that Melo is priceless b/c he delivers in the clutch. The dude is a PF. A streak shooter. If this is your #1 option, you're gonna lose 4/6 when you need your horse. It's why 'Melo is a post season catastrophe in his career.

Did Spencer Hawes have any trouble against that CHI defense draining the game winning shot the other night with 5 seconds left?

This is why I would seriously let him walk if he opts out. Carmelo Anthony, on this team with this talent, isn't worth a max contract. This team isn't winning anything, so why pretend and hamper our efforts to seriously rebuild?

And while we're at it: Enough with this Shumpert tease. He's a SG who cannot score, makes nobody better, and his defense has been terrible every since the injury. His man scored what tonight? He cares more about his rep, his career, his off court stuff... Trade him while he still has any value.

B/C... again... This team wont win anything if Felton-Shump are the starting guards. Not enough offense.

This is a GUARD league now. Be honest, would you rather have Carmelo on a max contract next year or Bledsoe making a few mil?

I much rather have quality guard play. I like Melo, but not at the price of forcing us to get cheap contracts for our back court.

I'm against trading Shumpert. I still believe he will put things together. He's developing a very smooth jumpshot, he can be a Raja Bell type for us.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
melo is great but his erratic shooting is really pissing me off...stop trying to force it and try getting others into it if its not falling

bargnani actually played good d on love in the half court and started beasting while tyson got abused by peck and our transition d was nonexistant...what does potato head do... takes his out complexly, then love gets on fire in the 2nd half

we are missing the jason kidd effect

mafra

Legend
Woodson substitute-coaching stinks, and his offense has no ball-movement plan .. Rubio started pushin the ball at the start of the game, and had us play catchup

Woodson is terrible. I feel like punching the wall every time I remember this failure is coaching my beloved Knicks. But the truth remains: This team had 2 days off. They came out FLAT on Sunday night and trailed by 20 since the get-go. Where were all these cats last night? I highly doubt anyone stayed home and rented a redbox flick.

I knew we were doomed as soon as Hawes (and PHI) beats CHI Sat night. We actually left CHI-town feeling good, like only losing by a point was some achievement. CHI stinks right now, and we lingered on the verge of getting blown out that entire game as well, until a late flury almost stole the game for us.

We should have come out with urgency. MIN is a good team. I'm not blasting the team b/c we lost. But it's the way we lost.

This team has ZERO equity for us fans to believe anything but the worst. Mediocrity is the norm since late 90s. We've won 1 DIVISION title in the last 18 years before last season. Now we strut around like we've accomplished something?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I feel like I'm not understanding why Woodson has a job.
There's moments of the game where even I know our players need to be controlled and yet he lets them run wild.

For example, after Tim had that huge slam is was so obvious he was gonna chuck the ball the second he got the ball again. With his miserable shooting recently you'd think Woodson would advise him otherwise.