Minnesota Timberwolves @ New York Knicks 11/3/2013 7:30PM

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by Lercher I love how this board gets all in the panic/rage mode just after three games into the season. Chill the heck out, we're gonna be fine.

When a HC is givin a high salary cap roster (the Knicks) of 15 players with no injuries he should have a 3-0 record, not a 1-2 record.
A 1-2 record mean we started the season experimenting giving 12 players 10 or more minutes of playingtime to develope player chemistry.
We didnt do that in any of the 3 games.

We will only win games consistently with our bench-depth .. bench-scoring, bench-rebounding, bench-assist, bench-turnovers, and bench-chemistry.
Look at our 7 bench-players .. Amare, K-Mart, Meta, THJ, Prigioni, Beno, Murry, Cole .. the average NBA team would make a starter lineup out of our bench-players.

Our 3 games showed we are still looking for players to fit into the starter-lineup with Tyson/Melo/Felton.
We are not meshing benchplayers with benchplayers, but we are expecting our benchplayers to keep us in the game.
Our 3 games all had 17 to 25 point leads...

metrocard

Legend
Am I the only one thinks Tim Hardaway Jr is overrated? It's hard to call a rookie overrated, but I project his full potential to be nothing special. Lavar Postell type player with great athleticism.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Am I the only one thinks Tim Hardaway Jr is overrated? It's hard to call a rookie overrated, but I project his full potential to be nothing special. Lavar Postell type player with great athleticism.
If anyone is overrating him it's possibly because of his name. To me he's a usual rookie with talent, and has a long way to go.

Murry impressed me. I'd like to see him get a shot as well.

skisloper

Starter
HC Woodson equals Denver Nuggets ex-HC Karl .. having so much talent on the Nuggets roster season after season, but forcing the team to play to ISO-Melo's best talents game after game (3-guard lineup).

26-19 score with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Minny went on a 14-0 run in those 3 minutes (40-19).
Minny had a 5 point lead with 4 minutes left in the game.
Should rookie THJ after committing two rookie mistakes be in the lineup for the final 5 minutes of a close game? or should experience players Meta or K-Mart be in the closing crunchtime lineup?

A rookier shooting 0-7 from 3 point range......where is a team leader or coach I mean on what other NBA TEAM doe s a rook go 0-5 on 3 pointers have the balls to keep shooting........Woody needs to be held accountable.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
A rookier shooting 0-7 from 3 point range......where is a team leader or coach I mean on what other NBA TEAM doe s a rook go 0-5 on 3 pointers have the balls to keep shooting........Woody needs to be held accountable.
Remember the times when Copeland was draining shots and was benched?

skisloper

Starter

He will be a bench player.......Guy has balls to keep shooting,,,,,,,Nobody drives the ball.....

For the dude who said we should not panic ..I think as long as woody leads the way we will continue to be the dysfuctional team unless he all of a sudden gets some balls....

Kiyaman is so right......A rookie in his 3rd game , who is shooting horribly and making bad choices is in the one being chose to finish the game.....If I am a veteran on the bench one has to look at Woody and be like WTF.

This is Woody's thinking....If Hardaway is 0-7 he is bound to his one sooner then later.......a moron of a coach.

skisloper

Starter
He will be a bench player.......Guy has balls to keep shooting,,,,,,,Nobody drives the ball.....

For the dude who said we should not panic ..I think as long as woody leads the way we will continue to be the dysfuctional team unless he all of a sudden gets some balls....

Kiyaman is so right......A rookie in his 3rd game , who is shooting horribly and making bad choices is in the one being chose to finish the game.....If I am a veteran on the bench one has to look at Woody and be like WTF.

This is Woody's thinking....If Hardaway is 0-7 he is bound to his one sooner then later.......a moron of a coach.

3-12 shooting ( a dunk so really 2-11)
1 rebound . 1 assist and 1 TO
25 plus minutes. Ends the game.
3rd game in the NBA
WOODSONS CHOICE.
where else in the NBA but NY

tiger0330

Legend
He was a 24th pick so I don't see how you can say he was overrated except that you could argue that at 24 he was a value pick. I really like him, his desire, the genes, plays above the rim along with having a jump shot that is probably going to get better. I really believe he's been training for NBA success his whole life and that is going to make a difference in making him a very good player in the league.

metrocard

Legend
BTW, this hype about Hardaway having a jump shot is comedy. It's average on a good day, non existent on a bad day. He's never been a high % shooter in college, always been on the average level. You guys treat him like he has Curry/Redick shooting ability.

He won't even be close to Jamal Crawford.

Please check his college stats and report back.

Draft Express said the following:

True Shooting Percentage - "Hardaway Jr. had the third lowest usage rate in this group, and is also the third least efficient scorer overall, which certainly raises some question marks."

"Hardaway Jr.'s relative lack of productivity and efficiency as a junior—ranking last among college players in this group-- is one of many question marks scouts will consider as they project his transition from the University of Michigan to the NBA, though his role in Michigan's run to the National Championship game is not to be overlooked."

Free throw attempts - "The fact that Tim Hardaway Jr comes in at second worst is a bit of a surprise. Neither an elite athlete nor a true knock-down perimeter jump shooter, Hardaway Jr. will need to improve his ball-handling skills and sub-70% free throw percentage."

Player efficiency - "Tim Hardaway Jr., Archie Goodwin, Vander Blue, and Michael Snaer round out the bottom-five. While Goodwin is an extremely young player and showed flashes of turning into a dominant scorer down the road, Hardaway Jr.'s mediocre standing by the numbers as a veteran among his fellow shooting guards suggests that his meteoric rise up draft boards due to strong workouts may not be entirely deserving." Draft Express

metrocard

Legend
Oh, but the excuse will always be "We were drafting 24, lets cop out and accept the fact we made an illogical pick, which is excusable"

Rudy Grobert, Nate Wolters and Tony Mitchell is all I will say right now.

bigapple

Starter
Too much time for Felton even Clyde said in 1st quarter waisting time for dribbling drive into paint or pass the ball.

too less time for Prigioni 2nd straight game no Udrih

and that 7 footer from pre season 0 minutes

again Woodson is using just 4 bench player

i hope JR will change alot otherwise we can have a problem with 8th place Spurs r coming to town this sunday.

I still dont like S5.

KBlack25

Starter
Oh, but the excuse will always be "We were drafting 24, lets cop out and accept the fact we made an illogical pick, which is excusable"

Rudy Grobert, Nate Wolters and Tony Mitchell is all I will say right now.

Hardaway ain't there yet, and maybe we made a mistake - but at the very least he seems to be working hard.

If he works hard there's no reason he can't contribute, that's honestly all I ask of a rookie.

skisloper

Starter
Hardaway ain't there yet, and maybe we made a mistake - but at the very least he seems to be working hard.

If he works hard there's no reason he can't contribute, that's honestly all I ask of a rookie.

agree..........just dont think he should have 25 minutes and be allowed to shoot 7 three pointers. Maybe at 0-4 Coach Woody says " drive the ball no more 3 pointers "

But I know Woody...0-4 means maybe a better chance the next one is going in.....

mafra

Legend
sorry guys... it's just so painfully funny.

10659725894_ebc6e6d40e_o.gif

Great defense from love. Bargs beats him to the baseline, so Love checks him with his shoulder. Legal.... In the NHL or NFL. A foul tho in the Association. No call, of course. On a night Minny is getting forty free throws, nice to see the calls are balanced.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Great defense from love. Bargs beats him to the baseline, so Love checks him with his shoulder. Legal.... In the NHL or NFL. A foul tho in the Association. No call, of course. On a night Minny is getting forty free throws, nice to see the calls are balanced.
Love might have been fouled on his bank shot. I dunno. Either way, the Knicks just didn't play well.

bigapple

Starter

who do u point to 1st 41-19 start refs? TO's and ****ty MELO playing style.

Kiyaman

Legend
On to the Bobcats .. Do Kemba Walker & Session push the ball like Rubio & Barea?
Will the Bobcat game have a 20 or more point lead too?

metrocard

Legend
On to the Bobcats .. Do Kemba Walker & Session push the ball like Rubio & Barea?
Will the Bobcat game have a 20 or more point lead too?

Walker is deadly in the pick and roll and Josh McRoberts from Duke has been an excellent roll man for his PG's.