Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The verdict is in... Early!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Great original post.

Our guard play is subpar, but Woodson must not be watching the same game I am because Prigs needs more time. I am not confident in his ability to score the ball, but to space the floor and get guys looks he's miles above anyone else we have on the team at this moment.

Bargs should not be anywhere near the floor, not to mention in a starting lineup.
    Prigioni should get 28-32 minutes.

Give Ray 18 minutes. His defense is really bad.

World Peace should also get 32 minutes per game. But this is a problem because Artest and Carmelo don't get 8 boards a game, more like 5-6. We need rebound help since Chandler and Martin are the only guys on the roster who get rebounds.

Originally Posted by Red
    Yes I've seen enough.

1. Combine this list of players who I have no confidence in from a defensive standpoint:
    Felton, Bargnani, Stat

with
    2. This list of players I have no confidence in offensively:
    Prigioni, MWP, Felton, Tyson "I can believe his hands are butter" Chandler

add a little...

3. Streaky hit or miss players like:
    Melo, Shump, JR, THJ, Udrith

sprinkle in a few role-players who make no difference here nor there

and a dash of...
    4. A coach with
    no identity; a propensity to constantly shift a line-up, and play everyone out of position; and a touch of that ol' MDA famous flavor "IF YOU'RE OPEN SHOOT IT" & "WHEN THE SHOTS GO IN, WHO NEEDS A REBOUNDER"

and there you have it...

an unmitigated disaster. F-U-B-A-R if you will.

We may have the occasional winning streak, but this is going nowhere fast. I do like Tim Hardaway though. Its nice to see talented youth that coach will undoubtedly ruin or not realize his potential.

Call me when the TDL reaches. Maybe we'll get a rebounder/defender/or even a leader.
    Finally... Shump is our only hope of even competing and coach will nullify his contribution by playing him at the 3. If by a miracle Shump becomes D Wade light, maybe we can make some playoff noise.
    One.
    Bumped.

1. We got rid of Dantoni and the next full season WE LEAD THE LEAGUE IN 3 POINT ATTEMPTS! Who else sees this as a big problem and a mistake? Hello wasnt Dantoni ruining games having players play undisciplined and chucking? So why was it ok with Woodson? Because we won 54 games? As I said and as we saw and see... an undisciplined unorthodox approach does not work.

2. Woodson was to design a new offense. He lied.

3. If anyone saw the Mike Woodson show prior to the last game and saw Woodson's stupid dumbfounding explanation and defensive approach and doesnt realize he has no clue of what he is talking about just like Dantoni then stop watching ball and posting here.

There is 1 problem with this team... The coach. Which affects our philosophy and morale. If a team cannot get simple concepts down after years of playing together then that is a reflection of the ineptitude of the coach.

we are bashing a perennial allstar, multiple Team USA selection? Huh?

No unproven disrespected coach will do in this town. No experiments. Get a proven winner with. Solid fundamental philosophy.

Why is it that everything we do, every player we get is vastly incomplete. TC the walking flu plays D but cant catch or score in the post. Shump played D but cant score. JR can score but cant play D. Everyone is 1 dimensional including the coach. Its like they stopped developing at 18 yrs. So they can dribble why learn to shoot. They can hit 3's but cant dunk; cant drive. On and on...

from Duhon to Harrington (who did everything a PF shouldn't do) etc... Othella could hit the three but was shorter than the avg SF so of course we say.... hummm if he could just hit 1000 threes a game who cares he doesn't rebound or D up. And we just enable and enable. The blind leading the blind. Please someone make me a coach or GM. Trust me this sh!t wont go down like thjs. Trust.
    One.

Ps. Bumpity bump bump.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    We need to stop trying to surround Melo with pieces and tell him to adapt and make this team better.
    You're gonna have to do this....

12th man

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    You're gonna have to do this....

Nice try you ugly rat.

This is the original post.

Melo is definitely a top 3 soccer in the league, he can be the best depending on his shot selection.

Melo has good handles for a 6"8 235lb guy, but

he's best playing off the ball.

We don't have a PG to the level who can give Melo easy shots.

Most importantly, our defense is exposable and we don't have enough pieces to hold down a strong defense.

Shumpert, MWP, Prigioni and Martin are what we have but those guys don't play enough minutes because Woodson favors offense over defense.

The ONLY way Knicks have a chance is if:

Carmelo Anthony gives up his shot attempts and puts more energy into creating shots for his guards and big men and playing the best defense on the team, even better than MWP.

If your best player is doing what the team needs most (passing and defense) then it will spread around every player.

We need to stop trying to surround Melo with pieces and tell him to adapt and make this team better.

Melo did exactly what I told him to, he had a great December and January.
    Unfortunately his teammates haven't responded.

Superstar

My bad double post....

Superstar

Nice try you ugly rat.

This is the original post.

Melo did exactly what I told him to, he had a great December and January.
    Unfortunately his teammates haven't responded.

wrong you also said this....

The ONLY way Knicks have a chance is if:

Carmelo Anthony gives up his shot attempts and puts more energy into creating shots for his guards and big men and playing the best defense on the team, even better than MWP.
    If you don't have a good pair of Penny Loafers I can recommend a good site to get some at a steal. Get to practicing..you're cold busted

12th man

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    wrong you also said this....

If you don't have a good pair of Penny Loafers I can recommend a good site to get some at a steal. Get to practicing..you're cold busted
    It doesn't really matter, Melo's teammates just stand and watch.
    LeBron wouldn't be able to impact this roster, what makes you think Melo can?