andrea_bargnani.png
josh_mcroberts.png

tyson_chandler.png
bismack_biyombo.png

raymond_felton.png
gerald_henderson.png

iman_shumpert.png
kemba_walker.png

Carmelo Anthony attributes the New York Knicks' early deficits during their slump to being unsure of themselves on the offensive end of the floor, causing miscommunication that is leading to errors.

They'll look to get on the same page and end a two-game slide Tuesday night against the Charlotte Bobcats, who are looking to avoid a 17th consecutive road loss.

The Knicks (1-2) trailed by 10 after one quarter before their comeback bid fell short in an 82-81 loss to Chicago on Thursday, then fell behind by 21 after the first 12 minutes in Sunday's 109-100 home loss to Minnesota.

Anthony scored 22 points and grabbed 17 rebounds to help New York pull within two points of the Timberwolves with less than five minutes remaining, but he has shot 35.6 percent while committing nine turnovers over the last two contests.

"I think we're out there second-guessing ourselves, and when you do that you're going to make mistakes," Anthony said. "You see the difference when we're out there just playing and having fun (late in the game). We're going with our gut, going with our instinct. It's night and day.

"It's frustrating, but we can correct that."

The Knicks are averaging 17.7 turnovers, and coach Mike Woodson was concerned with the lack of energy at the start of the last contest.

"You just can't come out on your home court and dig a hole," he said.

Anthony, though, doesn't believe the Knicks are far from where they want to be.

"We've just got to figure it out," Anthony said. "There's no need to panic. It's three games into the season."

...(nba.com)

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Did the Bobs just score 31 pts on us? Are we freaking serious? Looking at Woodson I start getting the impression this team simply doesn't follow the game plan.

metrocard

Legend
I feel like Knicks will never be an elite team with Mike Breen commenting their games. Knicks have to be below .500 when he commentates, I'm serious.