Players better than Amare Stoudimire

metrocard

Legend
Just a game amongst fans, try to name a lesser player than the previous poster listed.

I'll start.

jerome_james_250.jpg

Jerome James, in his current state.

petescud

Starter
He's been celebrating his wedding for the last 2 years (even before it happened)...lol....Take the $$ and run

and Metta has to make 1.7m..lol

tiger0330

Legend
The way Stat is playing now every guy we cut in training camp is better than he is. This alternating him and KMart for 10 minutes a game makes no sense, sit Stat until he shows something in practice or send him to Erie to get his game legs.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The way Stat is playing now every guy we cut in training camp is better than he is. This alternating him and KMart for 10 minutes a game makes no sense, sit Stat until he shows something in practice or send him to Erie to get his game legs.

Metro .... u made a post about a career 12 year NBA veteran who average 25 points, 8 rebounds in 31 minutes per game, being drop down (demoted) to 10 minutes per game in 5 min interval (spot minutes). All from a Fire Extinguisher.

We are not going to get anything out of Stat playing him spot minutes (5 min) on a no-chemistry team. Or did u forget Stat was the anchor of a same-page team under HC Dantoni, then HC Gentry.
Plus having Melo lead the point every second of Stat's playintime. Com'on.
Stat scored 2 points vs Bobcats, and the way he scored the 2 points should point out the problem with this team.
The Bobcats held the lead from tip-off to the final seconds of the game .. Melo played 45 minutes orchestrating a "One on One" isolation offense .. our best backdoor play in the game was a Meta air-ball to a open Felton standing under the basket. All our players follow suit to ISO-Melo to play selfish B.Ball vs Bobcats.
The Knicks players made a MOCKERY of HC Woodson so-call coaching.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Blame the Knicks for making bad deals. Don't blame a player for being injured. Saying Stats sucks because he physically can't play due to injury defies logic. You can make solid criticisms about his inability to be effective without the ball, poor rebounding ability and ball handling, but that's where the criticism should stop.

Knicks made three ****ty deals.
1. Gutting the team for Melo
2. Overpaying for Amare
3. Overpaying for Chandler

Knicks had a good core prior Melo/Amare. It wasn't a championship team but it wasn't far from where we are now and it was a hell of a lot cheaper. David Lee was more efficient than Amare. Lee is double double guy that once played 80 games in a season.

Chandler is all defense and players like that shouldn't get 13 or 14 million a year. Not to mention that his poor play in the playoffs made Paul George look like an All-Star. (George aint an All-Star)

If you're in love with Melo then you should like Stats. One of the main reasons Melo landed in NY instead of Brooklyn was the chance to play with another star. No one know Stats would play one good season out of 5. I admit if we kept Lee like I wanted we'd probably never have gotten Melo in the first place.

metrocard

Legend
Metro .... u made a post about a career 12 year NBA veteran who average 25 points, 8 rebounds in 31 minutes per game, being drop down (demoted) to 10 minutes per game in 5 min interval (spot minutes). All from a Fire Extinguisher.

We are not going to get anything out of Stat playing him spot minutes (5 min) on a no-chemistry team. Or did u forget Stat was the anchor of a same-page team under HC Dantoni, then HC Gentry.
Plus having Melo lead the point every second of Stat's playintime. Com'on.
Stat scored 2 points vs Bobcats, and the way he scored the 2 points should point out the problem with this team.
The Bobcats held the lead from tip-off to the final seconds of the game .. Melo played 45 minutes orchestrating a "One on One" isolation offense .. our best backdoor play in the game was a Meta air-ball to a open Felton standing under the basket. All our players follow suit to ISO-Melo to play selfish B.Ball vs Bobcats.
The Knicks players made a MOCKERY of HC Woodson so-call coaching.

He was.

Right now Stat has nothing physical.

He's weak at 260lbs.
He's slow at 6"11. Zero footspeed to get by centers at this point of his career.
His jump shot is below average.
His handles are very weak without his footspeed.

This isn't about Melo anymore or Iso - Melo.

At this point, Amare can't even be a star of a NBDL team.

He's really damage goods, any game you seen him play you can see him deteriorate mentally and physically each game.

The longer we hold on to Amar'e, the more pain the franchise endures.

His best bet and our best bet is to retire.

metrocard

Legend
Blame the Knicks for making bad deals. Don't blame a player for being injured. Saying Stats sucks because he physically can't play due to injury defies logic. You can make solid criticisms about his inability to be effective without the ball, poor rebounding ability and ball handling, but that's where the criticism should stop.

2. Overpaying for Amare

Knicks had a good core prior Melo/Amare. It wasn't a championship team but it wasn't far from where we are now and it was a hell of a lot cheaper. David Lee was more efficient than Amare. Lee is double double guy that once played 80 games in a season.

Chandler is all defense and players like that shouldn't get 13 or 14 million a year. Not to mention that his poor play in the playoffs made Paul George look like an All-Star. (George aint an All-Star)

If you're in love with Melo then you should like Stats. One of the main reasons Melo landed in NY instead of Brooklyn was the chance to play with another star. No one know Stats would play one good season out of 5. I admit if we kept Lee like I wanted we'd probably never have gotten Melo in the first place.

I thought you supported the Amare deal.

Kiyaman

Legend

2. Overpaying for Amare

I too, wanted to resign David Lee even more when we signed Amare, the next step wouldve been grabbing Dalembert as their backup. Then getting 3 young PG for a season like the Spurs did to come up with a PG-Parker.

Amare knees were hurting playing a non-stop run run run uptempo transition in a 7 man rotation for dum-dum Dantonio for 4 seasons.
HC Gentry slowed it down by running Halfcourt-set plays and a push ball transition system with a 9-man rotation.
PG-Nash shared the ball never making Amare the #1 or #2 option on scoring for 6 straight seasons, Amare 25 pts per came from 60% fg shooting.
Nash system of leading the point is the exact oposite of ISO-Melo system of leading the point.
Plus giving Amare 5 minutes of playingtime then taking him out of the game, lastseason, now this season too.
How much of this BULLSHuuut do u think Amare will put up with???

Kiyaman

Legend

Metro .... dont u recall, no other FA Star was interested in coming to NY during the 2010 offseason.
If we didnt give Amare all that money to sign .. and came out the deal getting no star player ....
Donnie Walsh 2010-Plan (Tanking 2 seasons & giving out future 1st round draft picks) wouldve been the JOKE of the NBA today.

tiger0330

Legend
Metro .... dont u recall, no other FA Star was interested in coming to NY during the 2010 offseason.
If we didnt give Amare all that money to sign .. and came out the deal getting no star player ....
Donnie Walsh 2010-Plan (Tanking 2 seasons & giving out future 1st round draft picks) wouldve been the JOKE of the NBA today.
Still don't understand how you sign a guy to that kind of contract with his history of injuries for the max. Who were we bidding against? I don't remember any team being interested that we had to offer him that kind of contract.

Walsh made a stupid decision to sign him without insurance and giving him a 5 year deal without a team option in the 5th year. Isiah, Walsh and Grunwald are just part of a legacy of bad management that strike bad deals, other GM's probably cream in their pants when their secretaries say the Knicks are on the line and want to discuss a trade knowing they're going to rob the Knicks.

metrocard

Legend
I think the 2010 year was all gimmicks, we didn't land LeBron and Walsh basically felt pressured to sign a "superstar" to make Knick fans feel better. There wasn't much logic being put into that signing.

At the time, I wish we saved our picks and developed Gallo and Chandler but I don't feel good about that idea currently because look at how injury prone Gallo and Chandler have been....they're great SFs who can score and defense, but just can't stay healthy.

Where do we go from here?

Nuggets have our first round pick in 2014.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

Signing Amare was a gamble. He had star power, but he had eye issues and he was uninsured. Personally I like him. He's got the personality and the will that you want out of a player. And I'm not one to blame anyone for being injured. The frustration has to be at management for making a bet that didn't pan out. I like Melo to, but let's face it, we're not going to win with him jacking up 40 shots a game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Still don't understand how you sign a guy to that kind of contract with his history of injuries for the max. Who were we bidding against? I don't remember any team being interested that we had to offer him that kind of contract.

Walsh made a stupid decision to sign him without insurance and giving him a 5 year deal without a team option in the 5th year. Isiah, Walsh and Grunwald are just part of a legacy of bad management that strike bad deals, other GM's probably cream in their pants when their secretaries say the Knicks are on the line and want to discuss a trade knowing they're going to rob the Knicks.

The Knicks were the first team to sign a star FA in July 2010. All the rest of super-star FA didnt let the Knicks wine n dine them, Lebron verbally cursed out the Knicks for making his last two season media harrassment with the Knicks 2010-Plan.

KingCharles34

All Star
I actually feel bad for Amare now. I loved the way he briefly played last year in 27 games. He was very efficient for us. The rehab work he does is very tough and hes had to go through it several times in his career. Working hard to get back on the court just to have another setback...thats been the story for Amare.

This year he looks like hes finally had it. I dont know if he has anything left. He might be done...

That sequence against the bobcats was sad, after Amare mishandled the ball several times he knocked over a smaller player and had a dunk. It seemed to clearly be an offensive foul but i think the even the ref felt bad for him at that point.

Amare was clearly very frustrated. At one point it looked like he dropped the F bomb 3 times in a row then closed his eyes. Players that dont care about helping their team and winning dont get that frustrated. All he wants to do is be healthy and help this team make a run but his knee's wont allow for that.

Oh, and this thread is hilarious by the way. I thought of someone that started a few games for the Mavericks last year before he got cut. I dont believe hes been in the NBA since then, but during his very brief stint with the Mavs he looked better then Amare this year

20121026_ter_aj6_320.0_standard_352.0.jpg