Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players better than Amare Stoudimire

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Metro .... dont u recall, no other FA Star was interested in coming to NY during the 2010 offseason.
    If we didnt give Amare all that money to sign .. and came out the deal getting no star player ....
    Donnie Walsh 2010-Plan (Tanking 2 seasons & giving out future 1st round draft picks) wouldve been the JOKE of the NBA today.
    Still don't understand how you sign a guy to that kind of contract with his history of injuries for the max. Who were we bidding against? I don't remember any team being interested that we had to offer him that kind of contract.

Walsh made a stupid decision to sign him without insurance and giving him a 5 year deal without a team option in the 5th year. Isiah, Walsh and Grunwald are just part of a legacy of bad management that strike bad deals, other GM's probably cream in their pants when their secretaries say the Knicks are on the line and want to discuss a trade knowing they're going to rob the Knicks.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I think the 2010 year was all gimmicks, we didn't land LeBron and Walsh basically felt pressured to sign a "superstar" to make Knick fans feel better. There wasn't much logic being put into that signing.

At the time, I wish we saved our picks and developed Gallo and Chandler but I don't feel good about that idea currently because look at how injury prone Gallo and Chandler have been....they're great SFs who can score and defense, but just can't stay healthy.

Where do we go from here?

Nuggets have our first round pick in 2014.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I thought you supported the Amare deal.
    Signing Amare was a gamble. He had star power, but he had eye issues and he was uninsured. Personally I like him. He's got the personality and the will that you want out of a player. And I'm not one to blame anyone for being injured. The frustration has to be at management for making a bet that didn't pan out. I like Melo to, but let's face it, we're not going to win with him jacking up 40 shots a game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Still don't understand how you sign a guy to that kind of contract with his history of injuries for the max. Who were we bidding against? I don't remember any team being interested that we had to offer him that kind of contract.

Walsh made a stupid decision to sign him without insurance and giving him a 5 year deal without a team option in the 5th year. Isiah, Walsh and Grunwald are just part of a legacy of bad management that strike bad deals, other GM's probably cream in their pants when their secretaries say the Knicks are on the line and want to discuss a trade knowing they're going to rob the Knicks.
    The Knicks were the first team to sign a star FA in July 2010. All the rest of super-star FA didnt let the Knicks wine n dine them, Lebron verbally cursed out the Knicks for making his last two season media harrassment with the Knicks 2010-Plan.

I actually feel bad for Amare now. I loved the way he briefly played last year in 27 games. He was very efficient for us. The rehab work he does is very tough and hes had to go through it several times in his career. Working hard to get back on the court just to have another setback...thats been the story for Amare.

This year he looks like hes finally had it. I dont know if he has anything left. He might be done...

That sequence against the bobcats was sad, after Amare mishandled the ball several times he knocked over a smaller player and had a dunk. It seemed to clearly be an offensive foul but i think the even the ref felt bad for him at that point.

Amare was clearly very frustrated. At one point it looked like he dropped the F bomb 3 times in a row then closed his eyes. Players that dont care about helping their team and winning dont get that frustrated. All he wants to do is be healthy and help this team make a run but his knee's wont allow for that.

Oh, and this thread is hilarious by the way. I thought of someone that started a few games for the Mavericks last year before he got cut. I dont believe hes been in the NBA since then, but during his very brief stint with the Mavs he looked better then Amare this year

20121026_ter_aj6_320.0_standard_352.0.jpg

I couldn't agree more KS3, the most frustrating part though is you see Amare checking in and that's it, we could play a no-name PF/C instead and nobody would notice. I said it last season, Amare should consider retirement. I mean, last year was a great moment, he played great, got a couple of 30 min. games where he put up some crazy numbers and then got injured again. If he retired back then everyone would remember him as a great player who always fought back and despite all the injuries was able to return once again and put in some quality minutes. Right now he's just a shadow of his former self. I'd love to see him finding the rythm again, but IMO it's very unlikely he'll be able to make any kind of impact on this team.

His shot outside the paint used to be money as well. Either injuries or not enough playing time has effected it.

Maybe he should ask the Phoenix medical staff to help him out, or ask metro.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I think Amare's confidence is shot as well as his physical prowess. He's done both ways and will do us a favor by retiring this winter. He needs to go home and be a family man.