Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chandler is out 4-6 weeks

Hybrid View

Default Chandler is out 4-6 weeks

...which usually means 8-12 weeks, or more...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Our season just went down with him..

Time to blow this team up and rebuild or?

Superstar

This is one of the deepest and best drafts in years. I personally would find a way to tank this season. Personally if we can get Joel Embiid, who looks to be at worst Dikembe Mutombo, i think i'll call this season a success.

Veteran

Originally Posted by clumsy
    This is one of the deepest and best drafts in years. I personally would find a way to tank this season. Personally if we can get Joel Embiid, who looks to be at worst Dikembe Mutombo, i think i'll call this season a success.
    we dont have a pick!!!! Just make STAT our center and let him play until his knees go out.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

This is excellent.

I think every Knick fan should pay attention to NCAA this season.

I'd hate to throw this season away but 4-6 weeks is a long time, because after those 6 weeks Chandler won't go into games beasting right away, it'll take him 2-3 weeks to get used the groove. So make that 6-9 weeks till we see Chandler at 100%

Without no center, expect us to look inferior to teams like the Bobcats and Jazz.

Also...Chandler is our only true big man on the roster besides Aldrich.

Amare plays like a homeless man, Bargnani is a 7 foot guy who plays like Steve Novak without the 3pt accuracy and Martin is really about to retire because he can't stay healthy.

We may very well see Ron Artest at center one of these days.

This is pretty awful to be a Knicks fan right now.

The Melo Plan has blown up in our faces.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    This is excellent.

I think every Knick fan should pay attention to NCAA this season.

I'd hate to throw this season away
    but 4-6 weeks is a long time, because after those 6 weeks Chandler won't go into games beasting right away, it'll take him 2-3 weeks to get used the groove. So make that 6-9 weeks till we see Chandler at 100%
    Seriously I'm not trying to quote all of your posts and make replies to them but I can see you're one of the more passionate regulars who post here but if you don't mind can I ask you to clarify if you were being sarcastic with what I bolded?

I want to ask before I issue another reply.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Seriously I'm not trying to quote all of your posts and make replies to them but I can see you're one of the more passionate regulars who post here but if you don't mind can I ask you to clarify if you were being sarcastic with what I bolded?

I want to ask before I issue another reply.
    Nope, I was in full agreement, my fault if I came off as sarcastic.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Nope, I was in full agreement, my fault if I came off as sarcastic.

No fault at all and I can tell you mean well. I guess what gets at me is the hypocrisy I see when it comes to our overall fan base. We try so hard to have it Four Ways but sorry things are either this or that.

Now here's why I questioned you...I know some things don't sink in until they are forced to sink in but when it comes to the Melo trade it's a trade that keeps on giving.

If we have a carnage of a season(which I booked we would) this summer's draft will be the draft of all draft consequences. You see when we made the Melo trade we gave up the mother load, so much so either Denver or the Magic will be like maggots on poo as they reap the benefit of our 2014 pick.

Denver has our pick outright, although in the Iggy/D-12 trade from last year.... they traded a 1st.... lesser of their pick and ours to the Magic.

Say it with me.....we're ski-rude with no way out of this clusterfuchery

Veteran

Do we have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 ???
    Do any one know for certain...

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

I already touched on this but just in case anyone else is wondering here is a link detailing our bleak future with minimal assets available....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by 3G4G; Nov 06, 2013 at 18:48.

Veteran

Toronto owns our 2014 2nd, 2016 1st and 2017 2nd from the Bargnani trade. Denver owns our 2014 1st from the Melo trade. The deepest draft since the year Lebron was drafted and we don't have a pick, leave it to the Knicks.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Toronto owns our 2014 2nd, 2016 1st and 2017 2nd from the Bargnani trade. Denver owns our 2014 1st from the Melo trade. The deepest draft since the year Lebron was drafted and we don't have a pick, leave it to the Knicks.

Thanx .... this is some Bullshiii we dont have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 draft.
    And I didnt want ISO-Melo on the Knicks, and I damn sure didnt expect to have Toronto's 7 year Buster on the Knicks.
    Didnt we learn somethin when Walsh traded for Detoits Big Buster.

Dont the Knicks organization know anything about proffessnal sports .... In the 2015-16 season we only have Prigioni & THJ under contract. It wouldve look great having 5 or 4 of our last first-round draft picks under contract in 2015-16 to rebuild on Dolan's big purse...

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Everyone seems to be frustrated with Woodson but I don't really think there is much more that can be done with this roster. Does anyone really thing Bargnani is going to win games for us? Seems like the team's got potential to be strong defensively with World Peace, Shumpert, Chandler when healthy and Kenyan. Maybe a few of these guys can get some easy baskets and Melo can just be Melo.

I agree that its too early to panic or call the season a loss. Since so many teams play small ball we can grind it out without Chandler.

Veteran

Thanx .... this is some Bullshiii we dont have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 draft.
    And I didnt want ISO-Melo on the Knicks, and I damn sure didnt expect to have Toronto's 7 year Buster on the Knicks.
    Didnt we learn somethin when Walsh traded for Detoits Big Buster.

Dont the Knicks organization know anything about proffessnal sports .... In the 2015-16 season we only have Prigioni & THJ under contract. It wouldve look great having 5 or 4 of our last first-round draft picks under contract in 2015-16 to rebuild on Dolan's big purse...

If Dolan had balls he would trade MELO now and rebuild that way...the question wis who would take Melo....

I think we should give Jared Jeffries a call. Seriously, The dude is retired and available today. He is cheap and he knows our playbook, he's a hell of a defender and doesn't take any shots away from anybody. I'd say he is perfect solution for 8-10 week period.

Veteran

Well I said in another thread that I thought we would be mediocre to start the season and I just hoped it wouldn't be below .500 mediocre. Chandler being out 4-6 weeks pretty much guarantees we'll be under .500 in December. At least he doesn't need surgery.

Too early to blow up the team but Woody needs to make changes, drop Bargs as a starter and esp don't play him at C with Chandler out. He plays like he is 6 ft and not 7 ft, so why play him at center.

Forget playing Timmy in crunch time, he's a rookie and not ready. Forget this alternate KMart, Amare line up. Bring in Ike or Powell and deactivate Amare until he shows something in practice or send him to Erie to tune up his game.