Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chandler is out 4-6 weeks

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Do we have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 ???
    Do any one know for certain...
    Toronto owns our 2014 2nd, 2016 1st and 2017 2nd from the Bargnani trade. Denver owns our 2014 1st from the Melo trade. The deepest draft since the year Lebron was drafted and we don't have a pick, leave it to the Knicks.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    ...which usually means 8-12 weeks, or more...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Our season just went down with him..

Time to blow this team up and rebuild or?
    this is tough to swallow because Tyson has looked his best since he first came to NY. Woodson has to change his strategy. Bargnani and Martin need to play more. If you worry about injuries all the time then you will limit the potential of your players and their season. Bargnani needs to play 4th quarters, Martin needs to be the main defending big man, and Cole Aldrich needs to see some back up minutes. If Aldrich beat out guys like Diogu that out played him, then we better see the reason why Aldrich was chosen (size)

Camby is available. Is Kurt Thomas healthy?

This season has been a disaster.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Camby is available. Is Kurt Thomas healthy?

This season has been a disaster.
    Cole Aldrich

Veteran

Originally Posted by naterob4
    This injury proves what we've all seen coming for months. I see no other team carrying as few big men as we do! If we had a few strong, athletic power forwards we could somewhat cover this injury. Instead we have Amare and Bargs. We don't even have anyone to set screens for Ray now!!!! K-Mart, Shump, and Metta are the only guys on this roster willing to scrap. Mello shows up in the fourth with all out hustle, but by this point, we aren't strong enough in the paint to stop anyone from scoring. Trading contested two's for layups is a tough recipe for fourth quarter success.

All the blame is on Dolan. It's a shame that anyone coming to try and run this organization has to deal with him. Donnie Walsh would have brought guys in to fill in the roles we needed. I look at every team and see at least 2 big guys that can rebound, screen, and box out. Hell looking at last nights game, I'd take bums like Josh McRoberts and Biyombo over Amare and Bargs. I actually like Bargs on the team with different big men, but Amare's presence makes our PF/C positions devastatingly horrendous. Even with Mello and JR SWISH, we'll have a tough time making the playoffs now.
    Having Josh McRoberts and Biyombo will not help us. Why?

Our WEAK bigmen roster is all do to a 42 minute playingtime PF name Melo.
    Woodson's small-ball antics in the Indiana Pacers series to please a 44 minute PF-Melo proves this as fact.
    All our bigmen act like they dont know how to set a decent screen or decent pick, when we seen them better on their previous teams.
    The loss of Tyson Chandler for 20 games sets us back .. if we were trying to build chemistry with our defensive big.
    We wasnt. Tyson, Melo, and Felton as a trio unit has the worst chemistry on the team.

The only offense Woodson use on practically every offensive-possession are an "isolation-offensive system", which was created by a HC Karl in Denver for the tandem of "Melo & Iverson", then used by Melo & JR.
    ISO-Melo dont know how to play any other way .... ISO-Melo been dominating the offense in a "isolation system" for 8 straight years, Melo dont know how to fit into any other offensive-scheme if it doesnt involve "One on One" B.ball.
    How did our offense look running only isolation-plays the past 4 games?

Yes, we can blame Dolan for hiring Walsh, Dantoni, plus trading a 20 thousand mile car for some flashy rims (ISO-Melo).
    The Fire Extinguisher incident prove Amare & Melo are oil & water, and should not be on the same team.
    Why do Woodson keep putting Amare in the same-lineup with Melo? The two look like they were gonna fight in the Bobcats game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Cole Aldrich
    That's a given you'll see Aldrich in a uniform next game. Woody loves Bargs though and is stubbornly playing him so I don't know if Aldrich gets any playing time.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Toronto owns our 2014 2nd, 2016 1st and 2017 2nd from the Bargnani trade. Denver owns our 2014 1st from the Melo trade. The deepest draft since the year Lebron was drafted and we don't have a pick, leave it to the Knicks.

Thanx .... this is some Bullshiii we dont have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 draft.
    And I didnt want ISO-Melo on the Knicks, and I damn sure didnt expect to have Toronto's 7 year Buster on the Knicks.
    Didnt we learn somethin when Walsh traded for Detoits Big Buster.

Dont the Knicks organization know anything about proffessnal sports .... In the 2015-16 season we only have Prigioni & THJ under contract. It wouldve look great having 5 or 4 of our last first-round draft picks under contract in 2015-16 to rebuild on Dolan's big purse...

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Everyone seems to be frustrated with Woodson but I don't really think there is much more that can be done with this roster. Does anyone really thing Bargnani is going to win games for us? Seems like the team's got potential to be strong defensively with World Peace, Shumpert, Chandler when healthy and Kenyan. Maybe a few of these guys can get some easy baskets and Melo can just be Melo.

I agree that its too early to panic or call the season a loss. Since so many teams play small ball we can grind it out without Chandler.

Veteran

Thanx .... this is some Bullshiii we dont have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 draft.
    And I didnt want ISO-Melo on the Knicks, and I damn sure didnt expect to have Toronto's 7 year Buster on the Knicks.
    Didnt we learn somethin when Walsh traded for Detoits Big Buster.

Dont the Knicks organization know anything about proffessnal sports .... In the 2015-16 season we only have Prigioni & THJ under contract. It wouldve look great having 5 or 4 of our last first-round draft picks under contract in 2015-16 to rebuild on Dolan's big purse...

If Dolan had balls he would trade MELO now and rebuild that way...the question wis who would take Melo....

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by skisloper
    If Dolan had balls he would trade MELO now and rebuild that way...the question wis who would take Melo....
    Clippers
    T'Wolves
    Hawks
    Bulls
    Pistons
    Mavericks
    Grizzlies
    Pelicans

when i saw Clippers Heat and i saw what is doin CP and Lebron Wade MELO is playing worst possible way his 1 on 1 game style will bring nothing this is just time waisting for dribbling. MWP is just driving like parker and he is way faster than MELO.

his % percentage is goin down .

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Clippers
    T'Wolves
    Hawks
    Bulls
    Pistons
    Mavericks
    Grizzlies
    Pelicans
    I doubt it ....
    Doc Rivers or CP3 will quit after a month of Melo
    Rubio is not going to slow down his offense for isolation
    The Hawks would lose more games
    HC Thibs want defense and ball-movement
    Billups is trying-out for the HC job in Detroit
    Cuban dont think Melo is worth max $$$
    The Grizz is not going to give up Zach for Melo to win the same amount of games.
    The Pelicans are not giving up any first round picks for Melo outrageous contract.

There was not one team willing to trade for Melo in 2010-11 season .. nothing change

Veteran

I doubt it ....
    Doc Rivers or CP3 will quit after a month of Melo
    Rubio is not going to slow down his offense for isolation
    The Hawks would lose more games
    HC Thibs want defense and ball-movement
    Billups is trying-out for the HC job in Detroit
    Cuban dont think Melo is worth max $$$
    The Grizz is not going to give up Zach for Melo to win the same amount of games.
    The Pelicans are not giving up any first round picks for Melo outrageous contract.

There was not one team willing to trade for Melo in 2010-11 season .. nothing change

I 100% agree. I do not think there is a single team that would pay Melo max contract.
    all we can do is pray that Dolan does not pay.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I think Melo is still highly regarded in this league as one of the best offensive players. I would trade him for one of the top point guards straight up.

Veteran

Originally Posted by donchris
    Everyone seems to be frustrated with Woodson but I don't really think there is much more that can be done with this roster. Does anyone really thing Bargnani is going to win games for us? Seems like the team's got potential to be strong defensively with World Peace, Shumpert, Chandler when healthy and Kenyan. Maybe a few of these guys can get some easy baskets and Melo can just be Melo.

I agree that its too early to panic or call the season a loss. Since so many teams play small ball we can grind it out without Chandler.
    In the 4 games we seen .. Melo was in every lineup Woody put out on the floor, and we struggle in every lineup.
    Wooson 5 starters did not co-exist in any of the 4 games .. Did Woodson give the 5 starters enough playingtime to co-exist?
    Yeah, but they dont no how to screen for each other or pass to each other. And their defense is another story.

Woodson bench has not co-existed with any of the 5 starters, and our 2nd qtr. never have a banch lineup.
    1) Why is Barg a starter over Kenyon Martin? K-Mart is still a starter & closer.
    2) Why wasnt Shump made a 6th man to bring points off the bench?
    3) Why isnt Beno running plays at the point?
    4) Why is Felton averaging 36 minutes and 5 assist per game?
    5) Why Tyson Chandler in his 3rd season as a Knicks still dont have a backup center available???