Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: glen grunwald deserved to get fired

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0

    Default glen grunwald deserved to get fired

    look at this team right now. we're basically back to where we were right before d'antoni quit. he did an absolutely horrendous job. how do you go into a season where every big man on the roster is on a minutes limit due to injury? i hate dolan, but i have to admit he was right for letting go of grunwald. he did an absolutely awful job constructing this team. i don't know if grunwald's replacement will be any better, but boy did grunwald fail this offseason.

  2. #2
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,825
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The Fail started with the Amar'e signing for 100 Mil....Yeah we won his services. lol

  3. #3
    Member bluechox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    shud have kept david lee

  4. #4
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,696
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by petescud
    The Fail started with the Amar'e signing for 100 Mil....Yeah we won his services. lol
    That was Donnie Walsh's doing. Glenn just kept the ball rolling. Walsh didn't want to gut the team for Melo but Dolan overruled him. If I recall correctly, a few months later Walsh resigned.

  5. #5
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,825
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yeah, hard to make key decisions when Dolan has the final say. I would had rather kept our main players too (Lee, Chandler, Gallo) and then bring in a Chandler or Gortat or someone like that....Then basically we would need a PG and real SG

  6. #6
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Maybe Dolan will buy out final STAT contract
    his 10 mins will not bring anything it will make worse for crunch moments
    his hands down make always stealing ball from any oponnent
    he is totaly out of shape and his frustration mostly b ended as tech foul.

    K-mart same too much fouls in too short time.

  7. #7
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    wtf r you talking about Lee was never on the team when we had Chandler you dope

    Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by petescud
    The Fail started with the Amar'e signing for 100 Mil....Yeah we won his services. lol

    NO NO NO .. The Fools checkmate was Dolan's move to give-up two Knicks star role-players at the SF spot (Gallo & W.Chandler) who salary combine total $6M per. for a selfish ballhoggin individual talented SF ISO-Melo who demands $20M per to make teammates upset on every offensive-possession, plus also demand to play at the position our team high-scorer (Amare) plays at PF.

    Dolan's move to hire Isiah got him checkmated every game.
    Dolan's move to hire Walsh & Dantoni got him checkmated for tanking two seasons.
    How would u react if we did not sign any of the Star FA in the 2010 offseason???
    Checkmate

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by erivera
    look at this team right now. we're basically back to where we were right before d'antoni quit. he did an absolutely horrendous job. how do you go into a season where every big man on the roster is on a minutes limit due to injury? i hate dolan, but i have to admit he was right for letting go of grunwald. he did an absolutely awful job constructing this team. i don't know if grunwald's replacement will be any better, but boy did grunwald fail this offseason.

    I AGREE ....
    To not start-off the 2012-13 season like the previous 2011-12 season with a 8-15 record ....
    Glen Grunwald signed 5 "Old-Heads" in the 2012 offseason to keep discipline in the lockerroom so there wont be anymore Fire Extingiusher incidents.
    Signing HOF Jason Kidd first in the offseason, who left Dallas believing he would be tutoring a resign LinSanity for a season.
    The Kidd signing is what made all the other Old-Heads agree to sign on with the Knicks .. it was Kidd's ex-teammate Kenyon Martin (another Old-Head) who sign onto the Knicks in midseason to play 18 games in the season to win 16 of those games to give the Knicks a 54 win season.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,905
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    NO NO NO .. The Fools checkmate was Dolan's move to give-up two Knicks star role-players at the SF spot (Gallo & W.Chandler) who salary combine total $6M per. for a selfish ballhoggin individual talented SF ISO-Melo who demands $20M per to make teammates upset on every offensive-possession, plus also demand to play at the position our team high-scorer (Amare) plays at PF.

    Dolan's move to hire Isiah got him checkmated every game.
    Dolan's move to hire Walsh & Dantoni got him checkmated for tanking two seasons.
    How would u react if we did not sign any of the Star FA in the 2010 offseason???
    Checkmate
    Come on Kiya. Melo took us to the second round and was league scoring champion last year, Stat is a one year wonder for the Knicks with poor prospects in his last two years, the Stat signing was way more of a bust than signing Melo. If we had managed to keep Cory Brewer who is starting for Mn the deal might have not have been so lopsided as far as what we gave up for him.

  11. #11
    Member LINvincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Scoring leader?
    WHO THE HELL CARES!

    Basketball is a TEAM game. The dude is a dram queen. A high volume chucker. I don't know why so many basketball fans love this bum. He's a good scorer BUT this game is MORE than that...

    Again...scoring is one of the few key elements to winning.

  12. #12
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Shouldn't you be on the Rockets board or something?

  13. #13
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by bluechox2
    shud have kept david lee
    change your singature its embarssing right now. Knicks want cut STAT.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Come on Kiya. Melo took us to the second round and was league scoring champion last year, Stat is a one year wonder for the Knicks with poor prospects in his last two years, the Stat signing was way more of a bust than signing Melo. If we had managed to keep Cory Brewer who is starting for Mn the deal might have not have been so lopsided as far as what we gave up for him.

    Huh .... Advisor Jason Kidd, and the "Old-Heads" held this team together throughout ISO-Melo & Woodson antics in the 2012-13 season. BallHoggin selfish Melo & JR were a part of the scoring that took us to the 2nd round. Plus that 6 game series with Boston Cetricks still got me thinking Rondo wouldve beat us in that series.

    I was the first one on this board to yell "HELL-NO" to Amare's contract, but when I seen no other 2010 star FA was interested in signing with us, I accepted the truth "Amare only sign with us for the money". When Amare was officially sign as a Knicks the next week in August. Amare showed up everyday at the Knicks training facility running scrimage games with David Lee and a few other Knicks players. That's what won my full acceptance of Amare.
    I still believe Amare wouldnt had went under the knife if we didnt have a 40 minute BallHoggin ISO-Melo on the team.


    Originally Posted by donchris
    That was Donnie Walsh's doing. Glenn just kept the ball rolling. Walsh didn't want to gut the team for Melo but Dolan overruled him. If I recall correctly, a few months later Walsh resigned.


    When Grunwald didnt resign "LinSanity" for saving our season, which also saved Grunwald interim GM job.
    Then Grunwald tricked Jason Kidd to sign with us (as Jeremy Lin tutor) in early July. which made Mavs owner Cuban go ballistic like he lost Lebron James
    I gave Grunwald 3 strikes before the lastseason started (2012-13).

    Donnie Walsh already gutted the team for TWO seasons .. We waited two years for the team Walsh put on the court in 2010-11 season

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: Sep 28, 2013, 18:02
  2. Glen Grunwald Appreciation Thread
    By YuvalNYC in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 09, 2012, 20:17
  3. Glen Grunwald Interview Regarding the Team.
    By NYk_Reloaded718 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2012, 18:11
  4. Glen Grunwald
    By JujuXG in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2011, 00:51
  5. Knicks Hire Glen Grunwald
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 30, 2006, 15:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •